What do you think of Whiplash 2014?

Art of Pattinson

Art of Pattinson

Bronze
What do you think of the film’s idea of giving everything for a grand goal, of being obsessed with becoming the greatest?

It’s in my top three films ever. While everyone else is focused on becoming successful in their field and finding stability and prosperity, Neiman doesn’t care about that. He wants someone to aspire to surpass him 40 years from now. And there’s only one way to achieve that: outdo the person who seems unbeatable

In Dr. House, there was a discussion about the meaning of this film

• +1
Reactions: Lokki, violentrose, Junko and 2 others
an amazing film 10/10. I love the message and its very thought provoking.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: violentrose and Art of Pattinson
Its so fucking good i just didnt like the ending that much like wdym i have to imagine what happened next man :trepidation:

• +1
Reactions: Art of Pattinson
What do you think of the film’s idea of giving everything for a grand goal, of being obsessed with becoming the greatest?

It’s in my top three films ever. While everyone else is focused on becoming successful in their field and finding stability and prosperity, Neiman doesn’t care about that. He wants someone to aspire to surpass him 40 years from now. And there’s only one way to achieve that: outdo the person who seems unbeatable
View attachment 3149238View attachment 3149239

In Dr. House, there was a discussion about the meaning of this film

Whiplash is maybe in my top 5 best films ever. The LUTs, the colouring, the script, the actors everything about it is just awesome

The true meaning of the film makes it worth to watch too and makes you think about your life

Whiplash is truly a great film

• Love it
Great film. Fletcher is a deep multi dimensional character, his abrasive behaviour when teaching, and the reasoning behind it always compelled me

At 3:18 Neiman asks him if there's a line. If that line is crossed, would the next Charlie Parker be discouraged? And Fletcher basically says a passionate person with the ability to recognize his own talent would never be discouraged, but encouraged even further because criticism would drive them to improve. I think this is why he dismisses Sean Casey as his "Charlie Parker", despite Sean Casey showcasing both talent and passion, he thinks no 'Charlie Parker' would commit suicide. Neiman becomes it through sheer willpower and dedication, pushing away everyone in the process to pursue greatness. It really shows on how dedicated a person must be to really become great

• Woah
Great film. Fletcher is a deep multi dimensional character, his abrasive behaviour when teaching, and the reasoning behind it always compelled me

At 3:18 Neiman asks him if there's a line. If that line is crossed, would the next Charlie Parker be discouraged? And Fletcher basically says a passionate person with the ability to recognize his own talent would never be discouraged, but encouraged even further because criticism would drive them to improve. I think this is why he dismisses Sean Casey as his "Charlie Parker", despite Sean Casey showcasing both talent and passion, he thinks no 'Charlie Parker' would commit suicide. Neiman becomes it through sheer willpower and dedication, pushing away everyone in the process to pursue greatness. It really shows on how dedicated a person must be to really become great

I agree, it's an important dialogue. It's the only movie without a single unnecessary scene. The director said Fletcher's last words, 'You think I don't know it was you?' seem to imply betrayal, but actually mean, 'I always knew you were the one.