Why are there so many 2nd gen immigrants with accents in the UK?

EdouardManlet

EdouardManlet

Ethnic = Dethnic
First I just want to clarify that by "2nd generation immigrant" I mean the children of people who moved to the UK.

They certainly don't have the same accent as their parents, but these days these kids don't sound the same as their native peers. This wasn't always the case, my own grandparents moved to the UK in the 1950s and their children (my parents) don't sound any different to a rando white person off the street.

What is going on.

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn, justinzayn, Wallenberg and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18244
First I just want to clarify that by "2nd generation immigrant" I mean the children of people who moved to the UK.

They certainly don't have the same accent as their parents, but these days these kids don't sound the same as their native peers. This wasn't always the case, my own grandparents moved to the UK in the 1950s and their children (my parents) don't sound any different to a rando white person off the street.

What is going on.
Because they don't speak english in their households and they also live in their ghettos aka Birmingham, Nottingham and etc.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MRD, Jason Voorhees, Oberyn and 4 others

What is going on.
They are here for your benefits system and jobs. not to become whitewashed jfl

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: TheAbyssinian, justinzayn, Deleted member 18244 and 1 other person
It's because they grow up with all ethnic friends. I didn't really get this until I actually lived in London. Some of the ethnic guys had zero white friends growing up. Same with some ethnic girls, zero white friends. If you ever watch any of the ethnics on GB News watch how they try to speak such eloquent posh accent English. Like this tosser. See how much pride he takes in his completely fake accent lol

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21620 and Shrek2OnDvD
It's because they grow up with all ethnic friends. I didn't really get this until I actually lived in London. Some of the ethnic guys had zero white friends growing up. Same with some ethnic girls, zero white friends. If you ever watch any of the ethnics on GB News watch how they try to speak such eloquent posh accent English. Like this tosser. See how much pride he takes in his completely fake accent lol

was about to say, must be a inbred paki enclave thing lol
Most white people in my area where from Eastern Europe. They speak with a slight accent too. This isn’t just an ethnic thing

• +1
Reactions: justinzayn
Most white people in my area where from Eastern Europe. They speak with a slight accent too. This isn’t just an ethnic thing
You're in the UK? i thought you were american or something tbh

every ethnic man has an ethnic, here in Ontario us brown guys have our own accent. and the asians have their own accent so do the whites etc

• +1
Reactions: Shrek2OnDvD
Sorry to break the news but they are not white either.
Polska30

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: House Lannister, SLA, Deleted member 15004 and 1 other person
They create parallel societies, hence they interact less with natives

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693, MRD and Shrek2OnDvD

What is going on.
Cus they speak a foreign language at home

• +1
Reactions: Shrek2OnDvD

What is going on.
Over for the US UK

Select your character race screen

I hear so many Nigerian British people trying to speak RP English