Why did God create us?

Eternal_

Eternal_

✝️ Deus Vult ✝️
Interestingly enough, I‘ve never agreed with any of the typical answers to this question such as “because he loves us” or “because he wants a relationship with us” or “to worship him” <— lol

So…why then? Why would He choose to create this world? I wonder if He has other worlds that he created as well. I wonder if the creatures there are the same as us. I wonder what God was doing before He created everything. I wonder how our creator can be uncreated and always exist.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, ineonx, Celphony and 2 others

Serious Why did God create us?​

He did it so you can surrender your wife to (Me) OP, every moment in human history led to this very moment, you need to fulfill destiny and just DO IT

• JFL
Reactions: coispet
Omg the most Christian guy here having non christian thoughts??

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: coispet, MaghrebGator and silencio
Omg the most Christian guy here having non christian thoughts??
What non-Christian thoughts am I having exactly? There exists countless answers within Christianity as for why God created us. My contemplations of Gods nature do not make me a heretic

• +1
Reactions: wsada
Maybe so that his existence wouldn't be meaningless

• Love it
Reactions: Manletmachine
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: dreamcake1mo and Celphony
Maybe so that his existence wouldn't be meaningless
But why would he need to create human life to have purpose? God is not like a human that needs to be satisfied or fulfilled. He existed before we were created, before anything was created. Nobody knows how long that was for because God exists outside of time and we cannot comprehend that.

• +1
Reactions: Eternal_
I don't think there's a god

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
No idea that i can think of

Religion is far too simple for explaining how life came about, and what should happen after death. There is no way a book can allow humans to comprehend that, I just always think there has to be more to it than we are born > we live for a certain amount of years on a mundane planet > then based on how we have lived we either go to heaven and hell

• +1
Reactions: dreamcake1mo
He created us to wage slave to jews.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Eternal_ and Dicklet3incher
Interestingly enough, I‘ve never agreed with any of the typical answers to this question such as “because he loves us” or “because he wants a relationship with us” or “to worship him” <— lol

So…why then? Why would He choose to create this world? I wonder if He has other worlds that he created as well. I wonder if the creatures there are the same as us. I wonder what God was doing before He created everything. I wonder how our creator can be uncreated and always exist.
I know you’re christian, but the Qur’an has an answer to this:

I did not create jinn and humans except to serve Me. 51:56

Now why do we need to serve/worship him?

humanity! serve your Lord, Who created you and those before you, so that you may become righteous 2:21

It’s to be righteous

• Love it
Reactions: coispet and MaghrebGator
This seems like you’re anthropomorphizing God.
I don't mean selfishly though. He may have wanted to tell a bedtime story to his son, Jesus Christ, and this is one of them.

• Love it
Reactions: Manletmachine

humanity! serve your Lord, Who created you and those before you, so that you may become righteous 2:21

It’s to be righteous
WOW waoowwwwww!!! This one totally convinced me akhi!!

:soy:

WOW waoowwwwww!!! This one totally convinced me akhi!!

:soy:
You’re an utter piece of shit bc I came with respectful intentions and you respond with this, very un-christianly of you

• +1
To entertain himself

You’re an utter piece of shit bc I came with respectful intentions and you respond with this, very un-christianly of you
I don’t care about Islam nigga. I would rather happily die than to convert to Islam. There is no influencing me on this matter.

To entertain himself
Does God find entertainment in pain and suffering? I don’t think so but then again, I don’t know why pain and suffering must exist to begin with.

Does God find entertainment in pain and suffering? I don’t think so but then again, I don’t know why pain and suffering must exist to begin with.
Of course he does find entertainment in pain and suffering. He doesnt give a fuck about any of us, hes selfish as fuck and not really bright since he expects everybody to keep their faith while giving some the worst pain and makes some live in complete peace for all their lives

Of course he does find entertainment in pain and suffering. He doesnt give a fuck about any of us, hes selfish as fuck and not really bright since he expects everybody to keep their faith while giving some the worst pain and makes some live in complete peace for all their lives

The problem of suffering has to be single handedly the largest contributor to apostasy. There is no good answer for why it must exist. There is no good answer for why children must get cancer and die or why good people get stabbed to death or why millions of people die yearly of starvation or disease, etc.

Calvinism doctrine within Protestant Christian tradition only partially answers it by just pointing at Gods sovereignty (which is still a non-answer):

• +1
Reactions: Angutoid
The problem of suffering has to be single handedly the largest contributor to apostasy. There is no good answer for why it must exist. There is no good answer for why children must get cancer and die or why good people get stabbed to death or why millions of people die yearly of starvation or disease, etc.

Calvinism doctrine within Protestant Christian tradition only partially answers it by just pointing at Gods sovereignty (which is still a non-answer):

View attachment 2881212
I think the answer is easy to give when you disregard the "nice and loving god" image

God will create another being after he's done with us. Because heaven is so big that it will still have have lot's of space after humans who passed the judgement of god enter heaven. At least that's what Islam tells us.

I guess God just want's to be worshipped and play the God role.

I think the answer is easy to give when you disregard the "nice and loving god" image
But he’s not just evil either. If God was truly evil, there would be no beauty in this world. Life and earth would not be as complex and beautiful as they are. Humans wouldn’t be granted even a glimpse of happiness, yet none of this is true.

God just is. He is what He is and His nature is something that we will never be able to comprehend. Unfortunately

• +1
Reactions: Angutoid
But he’s not just evil either. If God was truly evil, there would be no beauty in this world. Life and earth would not be as complex and beautiful as they are. Humans wouldn’t be granted even a glimpse of happiness, yet none of this is true.

God just is. He is what He is and His nature is something that we will never be able to comprehend. Unfortunately
Not just evil but clearly not a saint neither
So many innocent lives are ending for no reason, they all have their own lives, their families and their dreams, they are as concious as us are and as important as us as a human
I dont think if there is a god he suits any religion's explanation of him.

Not just evil but clearly not a saint neither
So many innocent lives are ending for no reason, they all have their own lives, their families and their dreams, they are as concious as us are and as important as us as a human
I dont think if there is a god he suits any religion's explanation of him.
I was a hardened atheist for my entire life until I hit 25 and randomly and unexpectedly had a faith experience. I have since become a devout Christian and will live until my last breath as a Christian.

No matter how much life may often seem cruel and deeply unfair and indicates a lack of divine creator, to believe in no creator is insane to me now. There is absolutely no way that a spinning watery rock ball created life on its own or that an explosion created the universe from literal nothingness.

I was a hardened atheist for my entire life until I hit 25 and randomly and unexpectedly had a faith experience. I have since become a devout Christian and will live until my last breath as a Christian.

No matter how much life may often seem cruel and deeply unfair and indicates a lack of divine creator, to believe in no creator is insane to me now. There is absolutely no way that a spinning watery rock ball created life on its own or that an explosion created the universe from literal nothingness.
But it took a long time for it to get to the current form didnt it
I think 4.5 billion years are enough for a system to evolve into the form of our current world

But it took a long time for it to get to the current form didnt it
I think 4.5 billion years are enough for a system to evolve into the form of our current world
This is equivalent to the “god of the gaps” argument that atheists often accuse religious people of using. Might as well call it time of the gaps.

How does it make sense to you that a big boom randomly happened? In layman terms, how can a universe literally just pop into existence? This is what the Big Bang theory proposes and it’s nothing more than science fiction to me.

Last edited:
There are other esoteric alternative answers if you’re not content with these ones, this is heretical but I remember watching a video talking about the purpose of human existence in the Zohar (which is an book of interpretation of the Torah) which said that God is omnipotent so by default He didn’t have limitations therefore he wanted to create a conscious and sentient being with free will and limitations.
Sufis believe that God wasn’t known before the creation and He wanted to be known so He created humans.

• +1
There are other esoteric alternative answers if you’re not content with these ones, this is heretical but I remember watching a video talking about the purpose of human existence in the Zohar (which is an book of interpretation of the Torah) which said that God is omnipotent so by default He didn’t have limitations therefore he wanted to create a conscious and sentient being with free will and limitations.
Sufis believe that God wasn’t known before the creation and He wanted to be known so He created humans.

The Kabbalah take still seems like an incomplete answer. It doesn’t get to the root of the question and answer why He did it.

Mysticism of all sorts is ridiculous to me though. All that is needed is already revealed.

This is equivalent to the “god of the gaps” argument that atheists often accuse religious people of using. Might as well call it time of the gaps.

How does it make sense to you that a big boom randomly happened? In layman terms, how can a universe literally just pop into existence? This is what the Big Bang theory proposes and it’s nothing more than science fiction to me.
I didnt dig into the creation of universe to be honest so i dont have enough knowledge to discuss this
I dont completely refuse the existence of god
If he exists, he created the world and left us on our own in my opinion

• Hmm...

It’s to be righteous
Why would god need people to serve him

OP out of curiosity do you believe in evolution?

The Kabbalah take still seems like an incomplete answer. It doesn’t get to the root of the question and answer why He did it.

Mysticism of all sorts is ridiculous to me though. All that is needed is already revealed.
Well if you're still not convinced you could look elsewhere to find the answers that suit you best.
Probably human existense can be compared to a huge social experiment, i'm just gonna accept the mainstream answers for now provided by the Revelation.

• +1

That mindset is the default for christians and Muslims. How does nobody take a minute to think about what that even means though? So God created little minions for His own vanity? That’s why you and I exist? What an odd and shallow answer.

That sort of answer comes from the minds of people who are terrified of God and can’t differentiate between asking to understand God and asking to doubt, insult, and question God and His judgement. The end result is a sterile and hallow answer like “we’re just here to worship him”
OP out of curiosity do you believe in evolution?
Microevolution, sure. I don’t believe the evolution theory presented to us since entering the public school systems though.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and thenewhebbe
You see, per Quranic definition, the word for worship is ‘Ibadah’ and its root word means serving.

Through the context of the verses, worshipping/serving God means, serving God by serving/helping others and improving yourself:
5E1256D4 8305 4733 8320 01F3CB0472DC

Our Creator has always existed, exists and will exist eternally, even before our creation of us, so he doesn’t need us in any way or shape or form. If somebody is disrespectful to their mother, it doesn’t effect God. If someone kills somebody, it doesn’t effect God. He doesn’t need us. But instead, we need him. God is telling us this for our sake, WE NEED HIM. And how do we express our servitude to him? By helping others and improving ourselves

• +1
I don’t care about Islam nigga. I would rather happily die than to convert to Islam. There is no influencing me on this matter.
So then why did you ask a question and make a thread? It’s like you were waiting to fight with Muslims

@Timmy gave a peaceful reply and you respond with a hissy fit :feelsokman:

For someone that is against converting to Islam

IMG 2103
IMG 2104

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

You sure talk about Islam a lot

Microevolution, sure. I don’t believe the evolution theory presented to us since entering the public school systems though.
I find this position odd if I’m being honest. Micro and macro evolution occur through the same mechanisms way it’s just the time scale that differs. To me it’s like saying I believe you can walk around the block in 10 minutes but not 3 miles in 2 hours.

Basically it boils down to can a species incur a level of incremental changes (micro evolution) over a long enough period of time to the point where it is no longer functionally and or reproductively similar to its ancestor (macro evolution).

I respect your beliefs though and do believe Christianity and evolution can be reconciled coming from someone who’s not one.