Why do people act like denzel Washington is a good actor?

Manletmachine

Manletmachine

Ugliest man alive
he’s barely above the rock in terms of acting ability. he always plays the same angsty dude. I’m convinced people just don’t know any other black actors.

• JFL
Reactions: arabcelxxx, N1666, the BULL and 1 other person
most actors have limited range

• +1
Reactions: Clark69, rand anon, Primalsplit and 1 other person
You're right
People don't know many blacks so they overrate the ones they know

• +1
Reactions: Manletmachine
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Primalsplit and the BULL

Mogs you to hades

• +1
Reactions: Sprinkles
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: arabcelxxx, Sprinkles and Red Fox
He never even becomes a character though, it’s always just denzel washington
It's clearly a performance. He doesn't act like this irl. If you don't like the performance, that's cool. But criticizing him for doing the same performance is weird when 90% of hollywood actors do that.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Primalsplit and Manletmachine
he’s barely above the rock in terms of acting ability. he always plays the same angsty dude. I’m convinced people just don’t know any other black actors.
Laurence Fishburne mogs.

• +1
Reactions: HitAndRun and Manletmachine
A depressed detective

It's clearly a performance. He doesn't act like this irl. If you don't like the performance, that's cool. But criticizing him for doing the same performance is weird when 90% of hollywood actors do that.
He does from what I’ve seen in interviews. Always the old hardass type dude, exactly the same as he is in the movies. I saw a clip where he goes on about how making movies isn’t that hard or meaningful - which is total bs.

• +1
Reactions: arabcelxxx, Primalsplit and TheRagingBull
Lmao what angsty dude are u talking about.
He played Malcolm x and Alonzo from training day. Played frank in American gangster,played a drunk in pilot, played a bad father in fences, played a lawyer in Philadelphia

• +1
Reactions: Staceymaxxing and TheRagingBull
Lmao what angsty dude are u talking about.
He played Malcolm x and Alonzo from training day. Played frank in American gangster,played a drunk in pilot, played a bad father in fences, played a lawyer in Philadelphia
Literally plays the same angsty dude in all the movies you mentioned

• JFL
Reactions: the BULL and St.TikTokcel
Literally plays the same angsty dude in all the movies you mentioned
Screenshot 20240317 183301

How was frank from American gangster angsty???? Lmao and how Malcolm x angsty and how was his performance in glory ANGSTY???

• +1
Reactions: Staceymaxxing and TheRagingBull
If you are an actor like him you probably would get typecasted alot or he just like roles like thag

If you are an actor like him you probably would get typecasted alot or he just like roles like thag
Doesn’t change the fact that he’s wildly overrated on normie platforms like tiktok and instagram

• +1
Reactions: Primalsplit
No idea who that even is.

• JFL
He’s ok tbh, idris elba mogs

I think I saw him in Collateral which I watched last year. He was good in that movie.

• JFL
Reactions: Sprinkles
He is probably mostly in shitty films or he is extremely forgettable.
He has been in tons of popular films and is a well known actor, just because you don't know him doesn't mean he's a shit actor jfl

He has been in tons of popular films and is a well known actor, just because you don't know him doesn't mean he's a shit actor jfl
Most popular movies suck

I started American Gangster but stopped after 5 minutes that was the only movie I saw that starred him. Lol

• JFL
poor choice of words on my part I guess, when i say angst I mean moody pent up rage type dude
He doesn't play those typa dudes in those movies. In glory he was never being always moody. Frank from American gangster was never always moody

• Hmm...
He doesn't play those typa dudes in those movies. In glory he was never being always moody. Frank from American gangster was never always moody
In glory he’s the moody tough guy. Haven’t seen American gangster tbf so can’t say but I doubt he changes up his shtick much.

He isn't a bad actor, just plays the same type of character. Will Smith has better range but worse acting chops, plus he's a gigacuck jfl

I think I saw him in Collateral which I watched last year. He was good in that movie.
I heard that back in the 90s, he was supposed to be in a movie with Michelle Pfeiffer and the movie included a sex scene. It is said that he turned the role down because he said that black women were the great majority of his fans and they wouldn't like him being in a sex scene with a white woman

He's been making 🔥 movies since the 90s and hasn't cuck himself (like Will Smith) or is a weirdo (like Tom Cruise) Denzel has my respect

In glory he’s the moody tough guy. Haven’t seen American gangster tbf so can’t say but I doubt he changes up his shtick much.
In glory he wasn't a moody tough guy. He was a hardhead negro