Wise ones please assist me I have valid questions

KrissKross

KrissKross

Roped
I have some genuine questions for the experts:

1) Does a maxilla need to be behind the brow to be recessed?
2) How can it be that a chin is recessed, yet is still in line with the brow. So behind lips but in line with brow?
3) How will a chin implant effect the frontal view of the face if in any way?

Thank you for your time and wisdom professors

No for both maxilla and chin because the brow can be recessed as well, it’s not a good way to judge forward growth. Chin implant will make your chin seem more forward from the front it’s especially visible in motion

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 281
Don't use the brow to check maxilla. Good maxilla is small goniall angle and prominent cheekbones, as the maxilla comes forward so do the cheekbones. And also the top lip projection.

A chin implant may make the jawline more sharp and of course the chin taller

Don't use the brow to check maxilla. Good maxilla is small goniall angle and prominent cheekbones, as the maxilla comes forward so do the cheekbones. And also the top lip projection.

A chin implant may make the jawline more sharp and of course the chin taller
I don’t get the gonial angle thing tho. Does that mean this guy has a bad maxilla because his gonial is like 170 degrees?

Attachments

• F0534277-9AF9-4BBA-9DF2-D4878F3E0AF0.png
    F0534277-9AF9-4BBA-9DF2-D4878F3E0AF0.png
    274.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 4C079455-68D9-4416-A2D2-D226F51BE8A7.png
    4C079455-68D9-4416-A2D2-D226F51BE8A7.png
    391.4 KB · Views: 17
I don’t get the gonial angle thing tho. Does that mean this guy has a bad maxilla because his gonial is like 170 degrees?
Look at the girl. Her maxilla might be slightly recessed.
A projecting chin won't change your frontal view significantly, but it will improve your profile.

He appears to have a downward and forward grown maxilla

a. and b. forward growth is seen relative to eyeball

c. yes chin implant makes a big difference from front and in motion if there was a lot of recession