Anime is embarrassing

Shycel

Shycel

Gold
I wouldn't be caught dead watching this shit. There was a time when I was into it when I was like 14, but now I get second hand embarrassment when I try to watch it. The anime aesthetic is nice, but the writing is so unbearably bad it's just laughable, especially the dialogue. Why the fuck are they talking like that? No one talks like that irl, it's just so cringe. Also, why is there some weird sexual scene where the M.C is unashamedly looking at a girl's boobs every few minutes? Watching this beyond the age of 12 is just straight up embarrassing.

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: normie_joe, Luffymaxxing, BrahminBoss and 12 others
I agree

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: User28823, One Rep Max, Lynxress and 1 other person
no shit nigga they're japenese

no shit nigga they're japenese
In Japan is it common for people to shout at each other at the top of their lungs over nothing all the time or openly stare at a woman's breasts, where everyone can see you?

• +1
Reactions: lunin7
i love anime

I wouldn't be caught dead watching this shit. There was a time when I was into it when I was like 14, but now I get second hand embarrassment when I try to watch it. The anime aesthetic is nice, but the writing is so unbearably bad it's just laughable, especially the dialogue. Why the fuck are they talking like that? No one talks like that irl, it's just so cringe. Also, why is there some weird sexual scene where the M.C is unashamedly looking at a girl's boobs every few minutes? Watching this beyond the age of 12 is just straight up embarrassing.
It’s funny ‘cause some of the girls I’ve met are really into anime so it wouldn’t have been such a big falio for me to like it

It’s funny ‘cause some of the girls I’ve met are really into anime so it wouldn’t have been such a big falio for me to like it
Yeah there's a pretty sizable demographic of woman who are into it, but I feel like if you tried to show a normie woman anime they would be really turned off.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 60051
Yeah there's a pretty sizable demographic of woman who are into it, but I feel like if you tried to show a normie woman anime they would be really turned off.
Yeah it’s not as cool as a trait than being into sports, going to the beach, etc.

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro
Nah the stories are good if you look past the *blush* BAKA HENTAIIIIIII and ORA ORA ORA ORARARAR RAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nah the stories are good if you look past the *blush* BAKA HENTAIIIIIII and ORA ORA ORA ORARARAR RAAAAAAAAAAAAA
its very cringe to me

like maybe if i was a little kid but a grown ah man ah hell nah 💀

In Japan is it common for people to shout at each other at the top of their lungs over nothing all the time or openly stare at a woman's breasts, where everyone can see you?
Yes

• +1
Reactions: CarrotMaxxer
its very cringe to me

like maybe if i was a little kid but a grown ah man ah hell nah 💀
They make the anime more normie, the manga is usually way better

• +1
Yeah it’s not as cool as a trait than being into sports, going to the beach, etc.
dawg u can have more than one trait jfl. i’m super into sports but also enjoy anime/manga

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, Pikabro and Deleted member 60051
They make the anime more normie, the manga is usually way better
But at the same time a good adaptation will use the the strengths animation and their own creativity to bring the series to life instead of just adapting manga panels 1:1

• JFL
Reactions: DJ Billybool
  • +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and NorwoodAscender
Occasionally they have good stories, but it's so hard to push through the anime cringeiness. Like FMAB for example. It's a gripping story, but I can't stand it when Edward goes into Chibi mode and starts yelling at someone it's just ridiculous.

• +1
Although kind an L for not pirating it
i did when i originally read them. i just enjoyed them so much i wanted physical copies. thinking about starting my gintama collection but i heard the manga is ass compared to the anime

i did when i originally read them. i just enjoyed them so much i wanted physical copies. thinking about starting my gintama collection but i heard the manga is ass compared to the anime
although if you don't have ad block and antivirus then pirating manga is a dangerous game

Thanks for the reminder to block your bluecel ass

• JFL
Reactions: sub5c3l and Narcissus🥀
The reason i hate anime is because it's made by japanese/non european people. Their culture is just very different from Europeans and it spills over into their art obviously which then through extreme gaslighting makes non Japanese people think its somehow good media while its dog shit because of big cultural distance

Most anime have over the top reactions/voice acting that really is too much for some tastes.

But there are also some anime that have realistic interactions and don't look/sound cringe.
I'd recommend cowboy bebop it's pretty chill and the characters aren't a pain in the ass.

• +1
Reactions: try2beme and sub5c3l
Most anime have over the top reactions/voice acting that really is too much for some tastes.

But there are also some anime that have realistic interactions and don't look/sound cringe.
I'd recommend cowboy bebop it's pretty chill and the characters aren't a pain in the ass.
good taste

• +1
Reactions: Narcissus🥀
"quartermaster of the Narcy pirates"

This is the cringe shit I would expect from anime enjoyers.
@sub5c3l
@Narcissus🥀
@StraightHeadJames
@WELOVELOOKS
@Hernan

Enemy detected. Rape his twink ass

• JFL
Reactions: wsada, Hernan, to_stop_da_cope and 2 others
@sub5c3l
@Narcissus🥀
@StraightHeadJames
@WELOVELOOKS
@Hernan

Enemy detected. Rape his twink ass
I would call him a nigger but I'm not in the mood rn

• JFL
Reactions: Hernan, to_stop_da_cope, Narcissus🥀 and 1 other person
I remember the time it wasn't this big and only a niche but now every normie watches some jfl

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: sub5c3l
I kinda get what you mean with the way they talk being cringe (naruto for example), but stil anime is goated

• +1
Reactions: sub5c3l
The reason i hate anime is because it's made by japanese/non european people. Their culture is just very different from Europeans and it spills over into their art obviously which then through extreme gaslighting makes non Japanese people think its somehow good media while its dog shit because of big cultural distance
I just think it's straight up bad, even accounting for cultural differences. I've heard that even in Japan, anime is seen as juvenile and if you like it as an adult you're seen as an 'otaku' weirdo.

• Woah
Reactions: TsarTsar444
What anime’s have you watched

Anime has some of the most badass moments in fiction too

I remember the time it wasn't this big and only a niche but basically every normie watches some jfl
How true is this really? I am a few years out of High School, but when I was there, even the nerdy kids hardly watched it. It was very niche. Has it really become that popular over the last few years? I find it hard to believe.

• +1
Reactions: Mewton
What anime’s have you watched
I've seen some of the really popular ones like Death Note, HxH, FMAB, Attack on Titan and I enjoyed those at the time, but when I tried to branch out to other stuff I just saw shit everywhere. Even those if I tried to return to them now, I'm not sure I would enjoy them.

• +1
Reactions: yeeyeeslayer
How true is this really? I am a few years out of High School, but when I was there, even the nerdy kids hardly watched it. It was very niche. Has it really become that popular over the last few years? I find it hard to believe.
Yes for some reason it went very mainstream in the last decade and now every normie watches or has watched some even NT ones

I just think it's straight up bad, even accounting for cultural differences. I've heard that even in Japan, anime is seen as juvenile and if you like it as an adult you're seen as an 'otaku' weirdo.
I just thought its very bad because of cultural distances, people don't understand just how insanely distane esst asians are culturally to caucasian people. The hardest thing about learning Chinese language for example isn't their vocabulary, letters or grammar but how their sentences are structured in a way to conceive a certain feeling/desire/meaning that just sounds completely off and alien to a westerner for example. Western cartoons are more entertaining tbh but for me all cartoons just aren't fun anymore when you are above 18

• +1
Reactions: Shycel
You need to watch Seinen shows instead of whatever normie shit you've been exposed to.

Seinen is like some High IQ / thinking man's anime type shit

tbh tbh

I've seen some of the really popular ones like Death Note, HxH, FMAB, Attack on Titan and I enjoyed those at the time, but when I tried to branch out to other stuff I just saw shit everywhere. Even those if I tried to return to them now, I'm not sure I would enjoy them.
to each their own, i think it's great. They usually have great stories, world building, cool moments and crazy plot twists.

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover, Mewton and Pikabro
I remember the time it wasn't this big and only a niche but now every normie watches some jfl
Is a sign of widespread brainrot. Anime back in millenial era was for fucking outcast nerd weirdos now it's mainstream I hate normalscum and soyciety so much.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: yeeyeeslayer and Mewton
monster is peak fiction

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer, tombradylover and yeeyeeslayer
Is a sign of widespread brainrot. Anime back in millenial era was for fucking outcast nerd weirdos now it's mainstream I hate normalscum and soyciety so much.

Yes for some reason it went very mainstream in the last decade and now every normie watches or has watched some even NT ones
That's crazy. I can't imagine actual normies watching anime that's so weird to me.

• +1
That's crazy. I can't imagine actual normies watching anime that's so weird to me.
from what i have experienced urban normies watch it but rural normies dont

Japan is a failed society that’s why. Hikokomoris are high level incels who indulge in these fantasies to cope with their daily life and even outcasts from the rest of occident are affected now

• +1
Japan is a failed society that’s why. Hikokomoris are high level incels who indulge in these fantasies to cope with their daily life and even outcasts from the rest of occident are affected now
People buy friends there :lul: