Facial Harmony Ratio

Shodredux

Shodredux

Silver
Today I want to share the most important, and the least talked about ratio for facial harmony. I call it the ...

Nose to Philtrum ratio :
It is measured by dividing the height of the nose (measured from medial canthus to bottom of the nose) by height of the philtrum(from bottom of the nose to middle of the lips)

Like so...
Screenshot 2020 01 15 12 30 56 434 commiuigallery

The ideal ratio is 2.00

If the ratio is less than 2 , then your philtrum will look long and if you also have a low fwhr , your face will look elongated.

If the ratio is greater than 2, then your philtrum will look too short and you will look weak and odd.

Sometimes, a large philtrum can be combined with a wide fwhr and a huge chin to give a dominanting look.

A great example of this is Thanos

Crop

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Pendejo

• +1
Reactions: Shodredux
Why do niggas just randomly switch to black text, nobody's reading that.

• +1
Reactions: piscicide, I'mme, NormieKilla and 2 others
Didn't read but it's all about the balance between the facial thirds

Didn't read but it's all about the balance between the facial thirds
It is an extension of balanced facial thirds , but this particular ratio is less talked about, but i think this ratio is probably the most important part of the balanced facial thirds
Care to elaborate?

Last edited:
who cares?

• WTF
Reactions: thecel
Good thread, this is what holds me back. My nose is pretty long whereas my philtrum is quite short

• +1
Reactions: Shodredux and Pendejo
Is there any way to make your face more harmonious?

Is there any way to make your face more harmonious?
Aside from genioplasty to fix a weak chin , i can't think of much that you can do to improve facial harmony. Midface is probably the hardest part of the face to alter.

Tall face is good.

• +1
Reactions: nastynas, Deleted member 3202 and Averagecel
Today I want to share the most important, and the least talked about ratio for facial harmony. I call it the ...

Nose to Philtrum ratio :
It is measured by dividing the height of the nose (measured from medial canthus to bottom of the nose) by height of the philtrum(from bottom of the nose to middle of the lips)

Like so...
View attachment 229022

The ideal ratio is 2.00

If the ratio is less than 2 , then your philtrum will look long and if you also have a low fwhr , your face will look elongated.

If the ratio is greater than 2, then your philtrum will look too short and you will look weak and odd.

Sometimes, a large philtrum can be combined with a wide fwhr and a huge chin to give a dominanting look.

View attachment 229024
Shouldve put Stan Smith

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Shodredux and Pendejo
Yes but not due to long midface, rather an angular upper third and broad robust lower third
Longer midface is fine as long as you have good features and harmony. Ballou, Gandy, even Chico who despite having good ratio has this longish face touch are proofs.
Yes , but it depends on how tall it is. As long as it doesn't look narrow , it's fine.

This ^^
Yeah, this is what i mean. Just look at Brad Pitt, his skull is small, fwhr is fine but somewhat his face manages to look tall due to his angular jaw mostly and he looks godly and high class.
Tall looking face is needed in modeling imo (with small exceptions), just look at models, almost all of them have tall looking faces.

Also this 2.0 theory then its not 100% true. There will be very very good looking chads with lower ratio and higher. All about harmony, or you look good or dont.

• +1
Longer midface is fine as long as you have good features and harmony. Ballou, Gandy, even Chico who despite having good ratio has this longish face touch are proofs.

Yeah, this is what i mean. Just look at Brad Pitt, his skull is small, fwhr is fine but somewhat his face manages to look tall due to his angular jaw mostly and he looks godly and high class.
Tall looking face is needed in modeling imo (with small exceptions), just look at models, almost all of them have tall looking faces.

Also this 2.0 theory then its not 100% true. There will be very very good looking chads with lower ratio and higher. All about harmony, or you look good or dont.

Yes , there are plentiful of good looking people who don't necessarily have a 2.0 ratio , but most of the male models seems to have near perfect nose to philtrum ratio. I just found it interesting and wanted to share.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and her

Gandy and chico literally have midfaces nowhere near long and Tyson ballou imo actually looks a bit off thanks to his long midface/nose.

• +1
Reactions: Pendejo
Gandy and chico literally have midfaces nowhere near long and Tyson ballou imo actually looks a bit off thanks to his long midface/nose.
Forget about ratios. They crossed 65mm pupil-lip lenght, they have longer face.

my fwhr is 2.07 tho

Dumb ass nigga

Dumb ass nigga

Tnx

i have such good ratios now that i have calculated everything

midface ratio = 1 bang on
fwhr = 2.01
nose/philtrum= 2
chin/philtrum= 2

My ES ratio is like 0.435, but i have really good long eyebrows like zac efron so it still looks good

nose is slightly slightly wider than intercanthal distance
lips go to interior of eyes

• +1
Reactions: Shodredux and Deleted member 3202
1.7. I guess its kinda good as I have a high mfr.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
How I supposed to measure, my lower lips lenght surpass my middle lips line

• +1
Nose to philtrum ratio: 1.74
FWHR: 1.81
Midface ratio: 1.4
IPD: 6.1cms
ESR: 0.435
Chin to philtrum ratio: 2.3-2.38

Last edited:
  • +1
Nose to philtrum ratio: 1.74
FWHR: 1.81
Midface ratio: 1.4
IPD: 6.1cms
ESR: 0.435
Chin to philtrum ratio: 2.3-2.38
I am a philtrumcel and a glabellacel.

1.8 but my philtrum looks pretty short... but yea i have a fairly low FWHR
was hoping to get a removable expander but turns out that wont work for facial width

• +1
1.8 but my philtrum looks pretty short... but yea i have a fairly low FWHR
was hoping to get a removable expander but turns out that wont work for facial width
Didn't I rate you? I keep forgetting who I've rated.

• +1
Reactions: DianabolDownie
Didn't I rate you? I keep forgetting who I've rated.
yea we pm'ed a few times, most generous feedback ive ever had lmao instead of just "its over"

• +1
yea we pm'ed a few times, most generous feedback ive ever had lmao instead of just "its over"
Yeah, I just checked my past DMs and you look just fine in regards to chin and philtrum area, Imo.

• +1
Reactions: DianabolDownie
Isn’t facial harmony just another cope for someone that isn’t GL ?

“Hmm, no major flaws , average eye area + lower third but hamony makes u above average. 5psl mirin.”

translation : “you’re very fucking ugly but don’t wanna explicitly say it. Subhuman jaw and eye area.”

chads everywhere