How to determine the set point of your cheekbones, and why the concept of 'high cheekbones' is dumb.

Orc

Orc

diagnosed autist
if you're reading this you've probably googled it at some point and have seen these.

and you've probably thought, what the hell does it even mean, now, I'll tell you what it means, and I'll also tell you why this is retarded.

these images refer to the position of the zygomatic arch relative to the nose, in this theory: if the position of this bone is closer to the eyes than it is to the bottom of your nose they're high set.

this is the zygomatic arch.

now the problem is, if you know human bone anatomy, there's actually very little variance in the position of this bone, it's more or less in the same spot for everyone (middle of the ear)

which means, that in order for anyone to have 'low set' cheekbones, this bone (in purple)

would have to be somewhere near the bottom of the ear, and in order to accommodate that, the jaw would also have to move down.

there's literally no healthy person that has this, this kind of divergence isn't a variability, it's a deformity.

now for the final nail in the coffin, when people who aren't autistic are discussing the set point of the cheekbones, they're not actually looking at the zygomatic arch, instead they're looking at the depth of the zygomaticomaxillary complex.

that's the colored part, it's the front of your cheekbone.

what depth means in this context is the downward length of this bone, which is quite variable, unlike the arch.

I'll use some examples for this.

young johnny depp, someone that's coined to have 'low-cheekbones'

now the reality is, that going by the zygomatic arch his cheekbones are actually insanely high, but the reason people think they're low is because they're vertically long, which means the lines don't start until near the bottom of the nose.

you can tell in his 3/4th shots, he's got very long cheekbones.

now take sean o' pry as example, who has vertically short cheekbones.

from the front his creates very long lines which are nearer to the top of the nose, much longer than you'd see in someone with vertically long cheekbones.

but this isn't how cheekbones are measured, it's how they're perceived though.

by the way, having shorter lines isn't a death sentence, it barely matters at all.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: acv700, PsychoH, DeadTrees and 26 others
Cheekbone

• +1
Reactions: Timmy
true tbh all about zygo mass not if its high set or not

• +1
Reactions: Bartenderofnashv and Orc
good thread, thanks, remember trying to research this shit maybe a year ago but all the "high set vs low set" examples online were all gay

• +1
Reactions: niqfan625, Orc and TechnoBoss
there are no low set cheekbones

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: emo, Orc and TechnoBoss
there are no low set cheekbones
I've been asking for pictures of men with low set cheekbones for a year without results, at this point I think you need an elephant tier deformity to have this.

these might be some of the only low set cheekbones in the world.

Can you modify/fraud cheekbones to some extent using PDO threads?

Can you modify/fraud cheekbones to some extent using PDO threads?
you can tighten the skin around them which makes them more visible, I've done this.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, datboijj, kiyopon and 3 others
so... it only matters if the cheekbone is prominent? and not when its high-set? because everyone has high-set? i have been lied to my whole life :(

• Hmm...
Reactions: Orc
Yea I always wondered that, I have kind of the same zygos as johnny dep in the sense that the line of my hollow cheeks are pretty low. But I was confused cuz when I would feel the bone start in the middle of my ear it would seem that it's very high set.

I have more of a wide face instead of a tall and long one, does that have to do with the points you brought up? Longer cheekbones?

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Pollorex and PsychoH
Good thread tbh, zygo height was always a bit of a meme

I would also add that ear setdness contributes a lot to how 'high' someone's zygos look. High set ears (which means, imo, that the top of the ear should be near eyebrow height in a neutral head position) make the whole face appear more upswung.

• +1
Reactions: Magnum Opus and Orc
so... it only matters if the cheekbone is prominent? and not when its high-set? because everyone has high-set? i have been lied to my whole life :(
pretty much.
Yea I always wondered that, I have kind of the same zygos as johnny dep in the sense that the line of my hollow cheeks are pretty low. But I was confused cuz when I would feel the bone start in the middle of my ear it would seem that it's very high set.

I have more of a wide face instead of a tall and long one, does that have to do with the points you brought up? Longer cheekbones?
a deeper ramus or chin might give the perception of longer lines even if they're very vertically long.

i.e jon kortajarena has extremely long cheekbones, but his lower third is also long.

if it wasn't he'd have next to no space for lines at all.

• +1
Reactions: PsychoDsk
hexum cheekbones look like shit:forcedsmile:

• +1
Reactions: PsychoH, Elijah_leo and Clavicular
that was the point, he has extremely shallow insertions so they're barely visible at all.

the tighter your skin is the better your bones show through it, you need to be lean for this though.
So i assume thats why hes got the NCT

my zygo mass makes me look uncanny and facially fat
the best cheekbones are medium mass, but have their mass concentrated near the top.

low mass tends to be 404, high mass is hard to balance with the rest of the face.

the best cheekbones are medium mass, but have their mass concentrated near the top.

low mass tends to be 404, high mass is hard to balance with the rest of the face.
check discord later ill send a pic

you can tighten the skin around them which makes them more visible, I've done this.
Can you make the spot above cheekbones have more volume with pcl super screws? I have hollows there

Can you make the spot above cheekbones have more volume with pcl super screws? I have hollows there
at the temple? yeah you can.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: coispet and kiyopon
So, osteotomy to remove the downgrown part of the zygomatic complex.

Those are straights right? PDO mono straights, screws look a bit different I remember.
they're PLLA threads, there's a bit of a difference between these and pdo and pcl because they attract water, which makes them good for areas like the forehead and temples, but shit for most of the face as it'll obscure definition.

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates
they're PLLA threads, there's a bit of a difference between these and pdo and pcl because they attract water, which makes them good for areas like the forehead and temples, but shit for most of the face as it'll obscure definition.
Is it worth it to place pdo mono threads in the temple region?

Is it worth it to place pdo mono threads in the temple region?
pdo straights are mostly for tightening, they don't add volume unless you use a lot of them so it's not worth it.

• +1
pdo straights are mostly for tightening, they don't add volume unless you use a lot of them so it's not worth it.
What’s the difference in appearance between straights and screws?

I’m a bit confused now and I think i may used pdo screws instead of the straights.

What’s the difference in appearance between straights and screws?

I’m a bit confused now and I think i may used pdo screws instead of the straights.
straights don't add volume, screws do.

I've been asking for pictures of men with low set cheekbones for a year without results, at this point I think you need an elephant tier deformity to have this.

these might be some of the only low set cheekbones in the world.

View attachment 3036319
Low set cheekbones now that I think about it makes 0 sense bc how u said, its the placement thsts the same with everyone. The mass of it and shape is what matters

straights don't add volume, screws do.
I know, but what’s the difference in appearance. How do screws and straights exactly look like?

I just want to be 100% sure so I don’t made a mistake.

I know, but what’s the difference in appearance. How do screws and straights exactly look like?

I just want to be 100% sure so I don’t made a mistake.
straight are literally just a straight wire, screws look like a spring coiled around a needle.

• +1
So can I look like a final fantasy character using pdo threads and cogs n shit?

So can I look like a final fantasy character using pdo threads and cogs n shit?
sadly no.

threads can only fix issues with skin tightness and minor volume.

• +1
Reactions: PsychoH
if you're reading this you've probably googled it at some point and have seen these.

View attachment 3036257View attachment 3036258

and you've probably thought, what the hell does it even mean, now, I'll tell you what it means, and I'll also tell you why this is retarded.

these images refer to the position of the zygomatic arch relative to the nose, in this theory: if the position of this bone is closer to the eyes than it is to the bottom of your nose they're high set.

View attachment 3036259

this is the zygomatic arch.

now the problem is, if you know human bone anatomy, there's actually very little variance in the position of this bone, it's more or less in the same spot for everyone (middle of the ear)

View attachment 3036261

which means, that in order for anyone to have 'low set' cheekbones, this bone (in purple)

View attachment 3036264

would have to be somewhere near the bottom of the ear, and in order to accommodate that, the jaw would also have to move down.

View attachment 3036270

there's literally no healthy person that has this, this kind of divergence isn't a variability, it's a deformity.

now for the final nail in the coffin, when people who aren't autistic are discussing the set point of the cheekbones, they're not actually looking at the zygomatic arch, instead they're looking at the depth of the zygomaticomaxillary complex.

View attachment 3036278

that's the colored part, it's the front of your cheekbone.

what depth means in this context is the downward length of this bone, which is quite variable, unlike the arch.

I'll use some examples for this.

View attachment 3036279

young johnny depp, someone that's coined to have 'low-cheekbones'

View attachment 3036280

now the reality is, that going by the zygomatic arch his cheekbones are actually insanely high, but the reason people think they're low is because they're vertically long, which means the lines don't start until near the bottom of the nose.

View attachment 3036282

you can tell in his 3/4th shots, he's got very long cheekbones.

View attachment 3036283

now take sean o' pry as example, who has vertically short cheekbones.

View attachment 3036287

from the front his creates very long lines which are nearer to the top of the nose, much longer than you'd see in someone with vertically long cheekbones.

View attachment 3036288

but this isn't how cheekbones are measured, it's how they're perceived though.

View attachment 3036303

by the way, having shorter lines isn't a death sentence, it barely matters at all.
Yes good thread, BUMP

• +1
Reactions: Orc
Can buccal fat pad removal hit that spot and give the same effect?
no the buccal fat pad actually extends to your temples but they only chop off a piece near the mouth in the removal process.

• +1
Reactions: PsychoH
no the buccal fat pad actually extends to your temples but they only chop off a piece near the mouth in the removal process.
Do you know if it ever grows back?

Can you Explain why chico's peak right under the eye while Gandy's peak very so slightly lower than him?
IMG 20240718 012814
IMG 20240718 012624

Last edited: