How to sleep when stressed?

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
I have exams rn which makes me stress inadvertently and I go a day without sleep like I sleep every 30 hours.

Is there something I can take to counter the stress so I sleep at night? I tried Melatoinin already before anyone says that

When I'm studying for exams thats when I need sleep the most but for some reason my body decides to fuck me

How do you stress when you need to sleep?

Lol jk. But seriously, if your insomnia isn't from a tangible thing like a Vitamin D3 megadose like me (it fucked up my sleep and melatonin production for 2 months) then it's purely psychological and you can conquer it.

Stop stressing and realize we all are gonna die one day anyway :blackpill: and thus stressing about anything is pointless, especially school. And make sure your room is cold, dark, and quiet.

How do you stress when you need to sleep?

Lol jk. But seriously, if your insomnia isn't from a tangible thing like a Vitamin D3 megadose like me (it fucked up my sleep and melatonin production for 2 months) then it's purely psychological and you can conquer it.

Stop stressing and realize we all are gonna die one day anyway :blackpill: and thus stressing about anything is pointless, especially school. And make sure your room is cold, dark, and quiet.
Its also cause of the adhd meds I take. But stress makes it worse.

Its also cause of the adhd meds I take. But stress makes it worse.
I feel ya g. Don't take the meds until your exams are over if you can. ADHD meds fuck you up in various areas, I would stop taking them altogether. A lot of is psychological. Try Ashwaganda to reduce cortisol but the stressor here is clearly physiological in your case.

I feel ya g. Don't take the meds until your exams are over if you can. ADHD meds fuck you up in various areas, I would stop taking them altogether. A lot of is psychological. Try Ashwaganda to reduce cortisol but the stressor here is clearly physiological in your case.
I can't study without these meds I've been on adhd meds since 5 they don't even give me a boost I require them to do anything uncomfortable

I can't study without these meds I've been on adhd meds since 5 they don't even give me a boost I require them to do anything uncomfortable
Other than rare cases, ADHD meds are bullshit. Doctors prescribing kids medicine for ADHD and everything else like candy is so disgusting. They just make profit off the insurance company but they fuck up your brain in the long-term and even fertility in some cases. All of it can be conquered psychologically, even moreso proven when you just said you need them to do uncomfortable things.

Since they don't even give you a boost, don't take them.

I've never had diagnosed ADHD but had moments where it seemed like I did. Turns out it was just my burnt out dopamine receptors that kept making me distracted.

Other than rare cases, ADHD meds are bullshit. Doctors prescribing kids medicine for ADHD and everything else like candy is so disgusting. They just make profit off the insurance company but they fuck up your brain in the long-term and even fertility in some cases. All of it can be conquered psychologically, even moreso proven when you just said you need them to do uncomfortable things.
Idk man I'm fucked for life

Idk man I'm fucked for life
Nah bro, I've been through worse shit mentally including insomnia and I was able to get through it. Stay optimistic

• +1
Reactions: Kroker
Nah bro, I've been through worse shit mentally including insomnia and I was able to get through it. Stay optimistic
Well yeah mentioning insomnia I just slept for 6 hrs... And woke up tired and sleepy... Worst thing tbh

Thinking about taking some melatonin or any shit out there just to help me sleep.

How did you overcome it?

Well yeah mentioning insomnia I just slept for 6 hrs... And woke up tired and sleepy... Worst thing tbh

Thinking about taking some melatonin or any shit out there just to help me sleep.

How did you overcome it?
I've had insomnia from pure intangible things, like psychological bullshit, PTSD, trauamtic events, and stressing for no reason, which leads to the whole hellish insomnia cycle.. and then insomnia from tangible shit like loud neighbors and dog, and mega dosing Vitamin D3 which is literally a hormone and ruined my melatonin production for 2 months.

I'm assuming you're asking how I overcame the insomnia caused by psychological BS. In the other case I stopped taking Vitamin D3, took magnesium, and wore headphones so I wouldn't hear the loud neighbors.

How I overcame the psychological insomnia is difficult to articulate through writing or comprehend if you haven't actually done it before or have someone irl to guide you, but you break down your subconscious behaviors and get to the root of your insomnia.

Zoom out and look at everything from a 3rd person POV and realize the world is not ending, you're stressing for no reason, and that type of thing. Also sometimes you will mentally begin to associate your own bed and bedroom with insomnia and the inability to sleep, so I went and slept in a different room. That helped a lot but conquering my mind allowed me to sleep in my bed again anyways.

• +1
I've had insomnia from pure intangible things, like psychological bullshit, PTSD, trauamtic events, and stressing for no reason, which leads to the whole hellish insomnia cycle.. and then insomnia from tangible shit like loud neighbors and dog, and mega dosing Vitamin D3 which is literally a hormone and ruined my melatonin production for 2 months.

I'm assuming you're asking how I overcame the insomnia caused by psychological BS. In the other case I stopped taking Vitamin D3, took magnesium, and wore headphones so I wouldn't hear the loud neighbors.

How I overcame the psychological insomnia is difficult to articulate through writing or comprehend if you haven't actually done it before or have someone irl to guide you, but you break down your subconscious behaviors and get to the root of your insomnia.

Zoom out and look at everything from a 3rd person POV and realize the world is not ending, you're stressing for no reason, and that type of thing. Also sometimes you will mentally begin to associate your own bed and bedroom with insomnia and the inability to sleep, so I went and slept in a different room. That helped a lot but conquering my mind allowed me to sleep in my bed again anyways.
How much vitamin D3 were you dosing? Was it daily?

What form of magnesium did you take? Dose?

How much vitamin D3 were you dosing? Was it daily?

What form of magnesium did you take? Dose?
I took a total of 400,000~ IU of the course of 2 months.

I did 10,000-15,000 IU per day.

I got nightmares and sleep interruptions within a couple days of dosing it. It took me 2 months to realize it was the culrpit as I had never thought that a fucking vitamin could do such a thing. Come to find out Vitamin D is a hormone and too much of it suppresses melatonin production.

For Magnesium, I took 400mcg per day naturally by eating almonds and bananas as I cut off all artificial supplements/vitamins.

Also, a big insomnia causer is the blue light from our screens. Fuck that shit. Use a night filter or don't even use or look at a screen for a whole day. Or even week. You will begin to have the natural circadian rhythm and melatonin production we are supposed to have.

• +1