I’m having bimax + genio + jaw implants on April 14th

fernandobrocolli

fernandobrocolli

Bronze
After a long time having orthodontic treatment, I'm finally having bimax, genio and jaw implants on April 14th :feelsautistic:. So I have already done my CT Scan and the other exams my doctor needs to design my implants and to show me a preview of my bimax.

I have a very weak jaw. I was class II when I was a kid, but bc of orthodontic treatment I had on my adolescence, they fixed my occlusion. But the aesthetic result is not good. My jaws still look recessed, as you can see in these pictures:
Frente2
Lateral2
Lateral

Previously, I was also planning to get cheek implants in the same surgery. I showed my doctor examples of cheek implants I think looked good, I told that I was looking for the high cheekbones look. I realized the best way to explain what I want to achieve to my surgeon is by showing him pictures of other guys who had good results after these procedures, so I showed him the pictures of @Saiyan. He said it was possible for him to create the type of cheeks that I want and that he also liked this aesthetic.
Later on, after he analyzed my face, he concluded that I had no need for cheek implants bc my cheekbones are already wide enough (wider than my bigonial width), the reason they are not defined is because of the position of my jaws and the excess of buccal fat. He suggested I should go for custom jaw implants placed on my ramus instead and possibly a buccal fat removal, I agreed.

Months ago, when I asked when I could see a preview of what my face will look like after these procedures, he said that he used to show patients two days before the surgery. I think that's such a limited time to suggest any type of modification so we agreed that he should try to show me the preview 15 days before. But today, 3 days prior my surgery, he said he only wants to show me the preview when my custom implants have arrived, and this would only happen on Wednesday (April 13) at 5pm. My surgery is going to be on April 14th at 7am. I'm really not happy with this, but right now I have no other option but to accept that I will only be able to know what will be done to my face hours before the surgery. The reason I'm not freaking out is bc I know he is very experienced and one of the best in my country (Brazil).

@Darkstrand @LostYouth @coolguy1 @Carolus

I will keep this thread updated.

My previous threads:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: MrRubiks, Linoob, Deleted member 18890 and 16 others
Is he pary? If so how much he charging I want to go to him but I don’t want to get shanked in brazil

• JFL
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, Deleted member 17829, Acromegaly_Chad and 1 other person
Is he pary? If so how much he charging I want to go to him but I don’t want to get shanked in brazil
No, it's not Pary. My doctor is actually more experienced than him but he doesn't post many before and after pictures online.
I estimate the total coast around 17k USD.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16834
No, it's not Pary. My doctor is actually more experienced than him but he doesn't post many before and after pictures online.
I estimate the total coast around 17k USD.
Respect. You know how much pary is? Also is your doctor aesthetic or conservative?

• +1
Reactions: fernandobrocolli
im planning lefort, genio and jaw implants but was also considering proposing cheek implants coz my cheekbones are looking flatter as I get older

good luck with your surgery

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Acee, Anchor_Ship, Deleted member 16834 and 1 other person
Respect. You know how much pary is? Also is your doctor aesthetic or conservative?
I have no idea. I suspect he is the type of surgeon that you need to pay more if you don't want your before and after photos published online. My doctor told me most of his patients are having jaw surgery primarily because of aesthetic reasons

im planning lefort, genio and jaw implants but was also considering proposing cheek implants coz my cheekbones are looking flatter as I get older

good luck with your surgery
Thanks. I still don't rule out the possibility of cheek implants. Good luck with your surgery too.

After a long time having orthodontic treatment, I'm finally having bimax, genio and jaw implants on April 14th :feelsautistic:. So I have already done my CT Scan and the other exams my doctor needs to design my implants and to show me a preview of my bimax.

I have a very weak jaw. I was class II when I was a kid, but bc of orthodontic treatment I had on my adolescence, they fixed my occlusion. But the aesthetic result is not good. My jaws still look recessed, as you can see in these pictures:

Previously, I was also planning to get cheek implants in the same surgery. I showed my doctor examples of cheek implants I think looked good, I told that I was looking for the high cheekbones look. I realized the best way to explain what I want to achieve to my surgeon is by showing him pictures of other guys who had good results after these procedures, so I showed him the pictures of @Saiyan. He said it was possible for him to create the type of cheeks that I want and that he also liked this aesthetic.
Later on, after he analyzed my face, he concluded that I had no need for cheek implants bc my cheekbones are already wide enough (wider than my bigonial width), the reason they are not defined is because of the position of my jaws and the excess of buccal fat. He suggested I should go for custom jaw implants placed on my ramus instead and possibly a buccal fat removal, I agreed.

Months ago, when I asked when I could see a preview of what my face will look like after these procedures, he said that he used to show patients two days before the surgery. I think that's such a limited time to suggest any type of modification so we agreed that he should try to show me the preview 15 days before. But today, 3 days prior my surgery, he said he only wants to show me the preview when my custom implants have arrived, and this would only happen on Wednesday (April 13) at 5pm. My surgery is going to be on April 14th at 7am. I'm really not happy with this, but right now I have no other option but to accept that I will only be able to know what will be done to my face hours before the surgery. The reason I'm not freaking out is bc I know he is very experienced and one of the best in my country (Brazil).

My previous threads:
Big red flags

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, zeek and fernandobrocolli
do you need more orthodontics before/after jaw surgery?

do you need more orthodontics before/after jaw surgery?
Yeah, orthodontic treatment is required before and after surgery. But I had orthodontic treatment for a long time so I won’t need to use braces for a long time after.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and oldcelloser
what movements are you getting? you don't look like you need bimax to me so be conservative with your movements

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, Deleted member 5786 and one job away
what movements are you getting? you don't look like you need bimax to me so be conservative with your movements
He clearly needs bimax. Both his jaws are recessed.

Gl OP.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, fernandobrocolli and lilhorizontal32
You are already a good-looking guy. That chin is huge

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: gamma, Anchor_Ship and Titbot
He is gonna move 6mm. The reason I don't look like a typical bimax patient is bc I have a good occlusion but only bc both of my jaws are recessed in the same position. I also have a big chin that makes my profile not look as recessed as it is.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
He is gonna move 6mm. The reason I don't look like a typical bimax patient is bc I have a good occlusion but only bc both of my jaws are recessed in the same position. I also have a big chin that makes my profile not look as recessed as it is.
Makes sense, but personally I think 6mm may be a bit too much for you

Gl either way

• +1
You are already a good-looking guy. That chin is huge
Thanx, but I'm not happy with it. They will actually make my chin smaller when they move it forward.

Makes sense, but personally I think 6mm may be a bit too much for you

Gl either way
Well, I asked for a big change. I'm seeing the preview tomorrow, I don't have much idea what a 6mm movement would look tbh.
Thanks

My previous threads:
You are overexagerating with the 'weak jaw', yes you have a bit of a retrusion but its not that much

If you go too much forward advancement you might end up like Alfaro's cases with that dog face.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: ROTTING, fernandobrocolli and Deleted member 5786
You are overexagerating with the 'weak jaw', yes you have a bit of a retrusion but its not that much

View attachment 1632994
If you go too much forward advancement you might end up like Alfaro's cases with that dog face.
I thought that 6mm was pretty conservative. Anyway, I will make sure my jaws don't look over projected.

View attachment 1632994
I think the facial plane you drew is off because his head posture isn't perfect to begin with. I tried rotating the image for a better Frankfurt line although it's hard to tell exactly because of the blacked out eye area. 6mm might even be a bit conservative as OP suggested.

Untitled

• +1
I think the facial plane you drew is off because his head posture isn't perfect to begin with. I tried rotating the image for a better Frankfurt line although it's hard to tell exactly because of the blacked out eye area. 6mm might even be a bit conservative as OP suggested.

View attachment 1633401
Tbh I think this picture is a little distorted, my cellphone was positioned higher than it should be.
But this CT scan shows more clearly why I'm having bimax:
2790629 ctscan

the 2 jaws are recessed, it's just that I have a big chin. My gonial angle is also not ideal.

• +1
Reactions: NegativeNorwood and debuff
Months ago, when I asked when I could see a preview of what my face will look like after these procedures, he said that he used to show patients two days before the surgery. I think that's such a limited time to suggest any type of modification so we agreed that he should try to show me the preview 15 days before. But today, 3 days prior my surgery, he said he only wants to show me the preview when my custom implants have arrived, and this would only happen on Wednesday (April 13) at 5pm. My surgery is going to be on April 14th at 7am. I'm really not happy with this, but right now I have no other option but to accept that I will only be able to know what will be done to my face hours before the surgery. The reason I'm not freaking out is bc I know he is very experienced and one of the best in
lol thats legally forbidden but idk if your cucked legal system in brasil is even functional enough for that.
I'd cancel surgery in that case.

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship and Oberyn
Okay guys, so here's a quick update: I'm happy with what my face is going to look like. We have discussed the aesthetic outcome of this surgery before, he also showed me a preview of the surgery a month ago, but he just needed to do some adjusts.
I'm getting bimax + gonial implants + zygomatic arch osteotomy.

lol thats legally forbidden but idk if your cucked legal system in brasil is even functional enough for that.
I'd cancel surgery in that case.
It was possible for me to cancel, but I'm happy with what he showed me today.

Have you had your premolars extracted

Can you please post what he showed you? Would like to see the virtual surgical plan for the bimax and custom implants.

Also good luck today.

Can you please post what he showed you? Would like to see the virtual surgical plan for the bimax and custom implants.

Also good luck today.
D80FD7DD 271D 44BA 934B 186F321B40EE
84F5622B 3171 4C8F BDF8 9494E198320E

Hey, thanks

Attachments

• 094E9F90-6841-4687-A4D6-2651FAC6FE8A.jpeg
    094E9F90-6841-4687-A4D6-2651FAC6FE8A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 963F66A4-B694-467C-8D75-767C305EE03D.jpeg
    963F66A4-B694-467C-8D75-767C305EE03D.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: highT and zeek
Good luck bhai. Please do a before-after thread once the swelling subsides.

• +1
Good luck.

• +1
Good luck man

• +1
How did it goes ?

• +1
Reactions: Biiyo03, Deleted member 16501, Kmscurry and 6 others
everything went as planned. 5 and a half hours of surgery. I’m now very swollen and eating ice cream
Today you well earned those juicy PSL points, you ascended the hard way, rest well my bro

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Biiyo03 and fernandobrocolli
You will ascend , I see that

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and fernandobrocolli
What is the name of your surgeon?

• +1
These greycels man

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: whiteissuperior and fernandobrocolli
how was the surgery?

• +1
pics?

• +1
Good luck with your recovery.

Anyways I noticed that you're balding, idk if you're already taking drugs against that but you should consider it. Your front hairline is thinning, you need a better haircut

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
  • +1
Reactions: CristianT
Good luck with your recovery.

Anyways I noticed that you're balding, idk if you're already taking drugs against that but you should consider it. Your front hairline is thinning, you need a better haircut
Thanks man
Yeah, I know I'm balding, I've been appling minoxidil everyday for two years now. Maybe I should consider hair transplant for the temporal peaks

Thanks man
Yeah, I know I'm balding, I've been appling minoxidil everyday for two years now. Maybe I should consider hair transplant for the temporal peaks
You need to take fin too

With your bimax did they actually make your chin smaller via a reverse genioplasty? A slightly oversized chin on a guy isn't bad as long as it's not Epstein/Leno tier...