IPD/ES RATIO/EME ANGLE is borderline meaningless for harmony

You not only are incredibly stubborn but you lost half the point of the thread. Its not only about eyebrows, but about the nose too.
If this doesn´t make it obvious, I won´t argue this with you anymore.
Those are asian rhinoplasty results, where they augmented and defined the nose bridge. Its obvious how much the perception of space between the eyes was affected, their eyes look considerably closer set on the afters.

View attachment 794881

Here is an example of make-up contouring. They made the nose more defined and the eyebrows closer set, and it changed completely the perception of her IPD. In the left picture her eyes look wide set and in the right picture her eyes look medium set despite her proportions being exactly the same between both pictures. If you can´t see how drastic the effect is when combing both nose and eyebrow techniques, you should check your doctor ASAP.
View attachment 794882
that's a godlike thread man . sorry to ask again as i'm low iq as fuck but what would someone with close set eyes do to their nose i'm not sure to get it should the nasal bridge be shaved a bit? and do you have such a similar " mind trick " method for midface length ? thanks you're a genius

• +1
Reactions: A23ghskung
Look at Zac Efron with his wider eyebrows VS them narrowed down, his IPD looks very diferent and much harmonically worse on the right, even though his IPD, ESRATIO and MIDFACIAL RATIOS werent altered at all.

His IPD doesn't look different at all.

Now just one more example of a random model, look how his ipd looks totally diferent despite being the same, only by altering his eyebrows and nasal definition:

It doesn't look different.

His eyebrows and nasal definition look different. His IPD look the same.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371

I think the point op is trying to make is the effect that it has on harmony vs changing the ES ratio itself

• +1
Reactions: thecel
IPD, ESRATIO and EME angle have a moderate impact at best on facial harmony. There are other major factors that impact the impression we get conscerning the eyes spacing on someones face, mostly EYEBROW SPACING and NASAL BRIDGE/NASION DEFINITION.
I saw alot of people wondering how someone with such a bad ESratio as Zac Efron could still look harmonic, and a bad eme angle/midfacial ratio like Ian Sommerhalder's... the reason they have still good eye areas is because they have WIDE eye brows, that extend far beyond the outer border of the eye, which tricks our minds into thinking that their eyes are wider spaced than what they actually are, which those retarded ratios like ES RATIOS and MIDFACIAL RATIO cannot detect at all.
Another major factor that affect visually the eye spacing impression, without altering at all any ratio, is the nasion definition/projection and the nose bridge definition.
A wider, more defined nasion and nasal bridge will automatically "bring the eyes" closer together. So in the end there are things you can do that will significantly alter how spaced your eyes look.
If they look too close together, you can get a rhinplasty to get your nasion and nasal bridge as low and flatter as possible, along with using hair growth products on the outer part of your eyebrows, and trimming the inside part to make it wider.
If they look too far apart on your face, you can use hair growth products like latisse on the inner part of your eyebrows to get them as close set as you can (like Opry's), get a rhinoplasty with nasion filler/implants and make your nasal bridge more defined.

Look at Zac Efron with his wider eyebrows VS them narrowed down, his IPD looks very diferent and much harmonically worse on the right, even though his IPD, ESRATIO and MIDFACIAL RATIOS werent altered at all.
View attachment 238023

Ian Sommerhalder ipd ratios get saved by his eyebrows, which are sparse and wide set, and extend considerably beyond his outer eye corner. Look how much of a cuck he looks with them narrowed down, looks like another person.

View attachment 238029

Benedict Cumberbatch looks much better in pictures where his nasion looks very defined and wide, while if he had a flatter nose with wide eyebrows he would look totally unharmonic, look how the perception of his eye spacing looks utterly skewed on the right picture, without touching his ipd at all.
View attachment 238031

Alan Ritchson look like an uber harmonic gigachad thanks to his very defined upper nose bridge and eyebrows that extend inwards in relation to his inner eye corners, if he had a flat nose with eyebrows alligned with his inner eye corners he would look like an alien:
View attachment 238034
Now just one more example of a random model, look how his ipd looks totally diferent despite being the same, only by altering his eyebrows and nasal definition:
View attachment 238036
agreed ,
btw look up simon nessman , he has close set eyes but his eyebrows make it look proper

agreed ,
btw look up simon nessman , he has close set eyes but his eyebrows make it look proper
I think we are measuring a lot of model ratios wrong. Plenty of them are in 0.44 range which is below ideal. Tyler Maher for example is below 0.45 but someone measured him higher. I'm skeptical of some of the measurements on the guys that have larger cheekbones.

• +1
Reactions: faggotchadlite

Because you focused on analyzing mathematically the IPD distance after reading the text instead of just looking at the face as a whole. If you read in this same thread, the user weallburninhell didn´t properly read the thread itself and thought I had actually changed their ipd by some mm's. Also, the IPD is exactly the same between those two pics, but I have made the test myself and people do think the woman have diferent eye distances in the two images, despite it being the same, you are just reaching.

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife, Mateusz74, Deleted member 6531 and 1 other person
this only works in photos, in 3d/real life bone is more important

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger, Averagecel, SadLivwr and 1 other person
bones always matter tho, it doesnt matter whether irl or photo, eye area is the most striking eye area imo

Misstype, i meant that eye area is the most striking part of the face
yeah it is, but its not everything, my eye area is chad tier, rest of my face is bad and im considered ugly

yeah it is, but its not everything, my eye area is chad tier, rest of my face is bad and im considered ugly
Im not saying its the most important, but when a person looks at you the first thing they see is the eye area then the jawline its been proven in studies

Im not saying its the most important, but when a person looks at you the first thing they see is the eye area then the jawline its been proven in studies
no actually the first point is the left of your nose, then eyes, then teeth (assuming you are talking to them)

• +1
Reactions: Melo95 and TheEndHasNoEnd
Hey i need help I practiced mewing for 8 months and I spread my eyes a lot, the area of my ipd increased and I look weird please help me nobody wants to help me:(:(

• JFL
Reactions: Need2Ascend and Melo95
Nonsense, it works even better in real life.

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74, StrangerDanger and joseph
That's a very good thread, @subhuman incel has this problem his non-existent not prominent nasal bridge which makes his eyes look too far apart
Anything can be done about it or better just rope?

• Love it
Reactions: subhuman incel
That's a very good thread, @subhuman incel has this problem me non-existent not prominent nasal bridge which makes his eyes look too far apart
Anything can be done about it or better just rope?
yes need help pls, my nasal bridge is recessed like a chink, need help now or i rope

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 5786
yes need help pls, my nasal bridge is recessed like a chink, need help now or i rope
Show photo at least, so people see your ugliness and probably will sorry for you and donate money for surgery

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15305 and subhuman incel
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5786 and subhuman incel
Sorry man but you fucked up with morphing, they don't have the same IPD. You can measure it yourself, the left one has a slightly wider face and also slightly wider IPD(I guess like 2mm which is certainly not nothing). The other morphs are also off if you used the same method probably, but your overall thread is legit
20210928 160022

Last edited:
Sorry man but you fucked up with morphing, they don't have the same IPD. You can measure it yourself, the left one has a slightly wider face and also slightly wider IPD(I guess like 2mm which is certainly not nothing). The other morphs are also off if you used the same method probably, but your overall thread is legit
View attachment 1340139
Tbh this particular image wasn´t even mine, I found it online, only the other morphs are, you can use the same method to check, the IPD's are exactly the same on all the other ones.

To make it more clear.

Eyes that seem too far apart considering how wide (or rather not wide) your head is: Defined Nose helps.

Eyes that seem too close together considering how wide your head is: Eyebrows with a good amount of space between them helps.
how to get a defined nasal bridge? fillers seem very risky in that area

Still the goat thread on this site

@CosmicMaxxer thoughts on this thread

this is the guy who got an orbital box osteomey instead of a hair transplant for his eyebrows jfl

• JFL
Reactions: gookking
@CosmicMaxxer thoughts on this thread

this is the guy who got an orbital box osteomey instead of a hair transplant for his eyebrows jfl
It's somewhat cope. Just because you can disguise the problematic ratio/proportion, doesn't mean it's at all comparable to the L boost of actually fixing that ratio.

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
It's somewhat cope. Just because you can disguise the problematic ratio/proportion, doesn't mean it's at all comparable to the L boost of actually fixing that ratio.
Unless you have very bad IPD these changes can put you in the normal range

Unless you have very bad IPD these changes can put you in the normal range
There are aspects of the effect of ipd that will not improve with styling. Such as when looking at someone directly in the eyes, a common romantic scenario. Just because we're autistically observing pictures of celebrity faces from afar and they look improved with styling, doesn't mean these bad ES ratios don't hurt someone conversing face to face with a girl irl.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
and trimming the inside part to make it wider.
what a fucken high iq thread
literally i was tihnking this the other day
and came back to this thread
op
is a genius

There are aspects of the effect of ipd that will not improve with styling. Such as when looking at someone directly in the eyes, a common romantic scenario. Just because we're autistically observing pictures of celebrity faces from afar and they look improved with styling, doesn't mean these bad ES ratios don't hurt someone conversing face to face with a girl irl.
But don’t you think those grooming things can have some effect even in those situations. Obviously changing your actual IPD is going to be a stronger effect

I won't looksmax my eye area since it's good enough , but what are legit failos ? I think : small IPD , relative small PFL , no PCT , suboptimal medial canthus , eye coulour , + maybe thicker brows . Nose is faceapped , that's why the pic has shit quality :lul:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220128-182638~2.png
    Screenshot_20220128-182638~2.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220128-182646~2.png
    Screenshot_20220128-182646~2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I won't looksmax my eye area since it's good enough , but what are legit failos ? I think : small IPD , relative small PFL , no PCT , suboptimal medial canthus , eye coulour , + maybe thicker brows . Nose is faceapped , that's why the pic has shit quality :lul:
@ForeverRecession , am I right ?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14160
@ForeverRecession , am I right ?
Your eye area in isolation is very good, but it looks like you have a short skull and look kiddish. The contrast looks not as good imo.

• +1
Reactions: Birdcell
To somewhat prove that concept, you should do a comparison between :

Default fucked IPD

VS

“Proxy” fixed IPD

VS

Literally moving IPD

To somewhat prove that concept, you should do a comparison between :

Default fucked IPD

VS

“Proxy” fixed IPD

VS

Literally moving IPD
Other people have demonstrated this on this site, too lazy to dig it up. And notice my post after which makes another copium-killing point, the effect of eye contact one-on-one with someone vs a far away picture where the face might be processed a little more holistically.

Other people have demonstrated this on this site, too lazy to dig it up. And notice my post after which makes another copium-killing point, the effect of eye contact one-on-one with someone vs a far away picture where the face might be processed a little more holistically.
Not convinced that specific comparison exists.

more likely that your brain is giving you memory bias in order to reaffirm your choice of getting an orbital box osteomey by creating memories out of nothing.

• +1
Reactions: Senssei
Not convinced that specific comparison exists.

more likely that your brain is giving you memory bias in order to reaffirm your choice of getting an orbital box osteomey by creating memories out of nothing.
Oh ya, like I didn’t consider this “specific comparison” before the box osteotomy and that helped motivate me to get it?

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
Oh ya, like I didn’t consider this “specific comparison” before the box osteotomy and that helped motivate me to get it?
Plausible maybe

to deny nose bridge and eyebrows don’t effect precieved IPD is completely false but obviously isn’t as powerful as moving your literal eye balls

to deny nose bridge and eyebrows don’t effect precieved IPD is completely false but obviously isn’t as powerful as moving your literal eye balls
That wasn't my point. My point is there's a difference between the effects of nose bridge and eyebrows on perceived IPD in far away photos, vs. real life face-to-face conversation. It's quite intuitive that when someone is locked into your eyes the way people do when they converse, that IPD fraud will be much less effective.

That wasn't my point. My point is there's a difference between the effects of nose bridge and eyebrows on perceived IPD in far away photos, vs. real life face-to-face conversation. It's quite intuitive that when someone is locked into your eyes the way people do when they converse, that IPD fraud will be much less effective.
what’s your evidence of this?

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel
I really don´t mean to insult, but that doesnt´make any sense. Your statement holds no logical truth. You are talking about "far away photos", but you ignore the fact that one can make someones face look just as big as it it in real life, in their computer screen. Actually, you can make it even bigger. I just made the test out of curiosity, I placed the pictures side by side in my big screen, as zoomed as I could, and the IPD perception shift was still very significant, maybe even more than when the pictures are smaller sized. One can easily test for himself to confirm that what you are saying is devoid of sense.
In real life there are also many other factors, not only visually, but psychologically. Visually irl we are observing faces in three dimensions, adding one extra dimension takes away part of the analytic capacity of analysing things that are part of the two dimensions realm (ipd), compared to when visualizing it in a two dimensional realm. Making it simpler, your brain only has two dimensions to spend processing when looking things through media content, while in actual life your brain spends processing capacity analysing three dimensions, and its quite easy to figure out by yourself that the less you have to analyze, the more things get obvious and easily noticeable. Its way easier to detect IPD proportions by looking at pictures than in real life, this is why in real life its extremely unusual to see people mentioning how widely spaced eyes are at all when talking about someones face, compared to how many people take notice of this trait, when looking at people through pictures of videos.
Psychologically speaking, in a romantic scenario irl, your brain will be focused on way more things than mere physical proportions, you got things incredibly wrong right here. When autistically analyzing pictures through a computer screen, with a clear mind, you get a much stronger sense of how someones face actually is, thats why people make much more finely detailed comments about someones appearance after looking at pictures, compared to what people say in real life. But as mentioned in the beggining, no insult was meant, actually, if you had this complicated surgery, its quite admirable, but its evident that the fact you had it will make your brain unable to process this thread impartially.

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74