Massage Gun for inducing Bone Growth

Need2Ascend

Need2Ascend

Your face is your fate
Srs discussion
Has anyone of you tried using a massage gun on Jaw/Chin/..?

I must say that the gains from bonesmashing with a hammer, at least in my case, were always only temporarily and minor(was only hitting lightly and like 1min max 2x/week tho), but maybe a massage gun could be more efficient

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998
I read a study about vibration and bone growth. Could be legit

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
I read a study about vibration and bone growth. Could be legit
Van et al (1984) found evidence of hand bones microfractures in both hands of workers using tools that produce vibration. Quoting them:
The formation of cysts may be explained by the way of use, and the direct action of the tool. The back stroke especially may cause an overpressure in the wrist joint, resulting in a disturbance in the blood circulation followed by the rupture of some fibres (collagen or elastic) of the osseous system, and finally leading to "microfractures"- (10.2307/27723785)
Mani et al (2019) more recently found that low-magnitude, high-frequency accelerating (HFA) vibrations (120 hz) restored the bone density of maxillary alveolar bones (direct and local action) in female rats that got their ovaries excised, and noted that HFA vibrations can substitute higher-magnitude vibrations when it's not applicable; they also concluded that static loading failed to produce similar results. Quoting them:
It should be emphasized that contrary to weight bearing bones, loading of alveolar bone is indirect via teeth, and due to their delicate structure, application of high load in the oral cavity is not possible. Therefore, increasing the frequency and acceleration of the applied load compensates for the impossibility of applying high magnitude loads inside the mouth.
Application of low magnitude dynamic load (10 με) in the form of high frequency acceleration (HFA, 120 Hz, 0.3 peak resultant acceleration, 20 μm displacement) to the maxillary first molar for 56 days, 5 minutes per day reestablished the alveolar bone density in the maxillae of the OVX group to the levels of the Sham group as observed in the μCT scans of maxillae (Fig 5A). Interestingly, the same magnitude of static load (10 με) did not affect bone density of osteoporotic alveolar bone. - (PMC6350965)
So, I'd say :feelswat: that since most massage guns can reach more or less 60 hz and capable of higher displacements than in the study, they can be effective if used safely for about 10 minutes daily.
I will try it for few months and report back (maybe in a separate thread).

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 14867, germanlooks and Baldingman1998