Discussion My journey for bimax and rhino with Alfaro

acrylicspider

acrylicspider

Living my worst life
Time online
2d 9h 18m
spain said:
aah sorry :lul:
Man, I thought this whole time you were talking about USD. For 28k euros the movements need to be worth it. Are the braces part of that cost, and did your dentist communicate with Dr. A so they know what to do

.đź‘˝.

.đź‘˝.

gay ass niggađź’…
Time online
142d 4h 9m
spain said:
[Continuing my previous thread]

I will soon meet Alfaro for the last time before surgery. Will have the tests done and get the plan for surgery

Im not scared about anesthesia or having surgery done but i start to feel nervous, the restless nights have been haunting me for a couple of weeks with questions: what if after paying so much the results arent worth it? Should i keep the money and give up looksmaxing? Will it really improve my life?

Soon ill will be able to see a prediction of what can be done. I dont imagine myself with better facial traits, i really need to see that computerized prediction of what can be achieved realistically.

A week after i will get to the point of no return, getting the braces put on my teeth for the treatment after surgery.

Will report after planning day.
update?

spain

spain

Balls of steel
Time online
35d 3h 26m
.đź‘˝. said:

looksmaxnewbie said:
This is definitely concerning. I hope they pull through. I'm surprised you weren't shown a plan before you paid for the surgery. Alfaro may fall out of consideration for me if your result - if you decide to go through with it - is subpar.

I had to advance in july 1k as a reservation fee (discounted from the total), if i pull out i would lose it probably.

Then, inside the total price, theres the "scan, custom splint, bla bla" fee which is about 3k and i hope they dont intend to charge me if i cancel surgery.

I emailed his manager and said that before paying anything i would like to see "something", that i want to know if i can have good movements done or not and as a client i feel like i should have information. She just replied "i understand you completely and will comment this with the doctor". It really feels like people mindlessly go just to fix their issues but without maximum aesthetic goal in mind, i feel like im the "annoying" or "weird" client that demands more than the others.

No reply since then, emailed her again yesterday warning her about how close the surgery date is, but now its weekend so i dont expect any news until monday.

I was hyped about the surgery all this summer and that feeling is gone now, i should be counting the days in excitement but instead im having bad stress.

acrylicspider said:
Man, I thought this whole time you were talking about USD. For 28k euros the movements need to be worth it. Are the braces part of that cost, and did your dentist communicate with Dr. A so they know what to do
lol braces are apart
i paid 900€ when i got them put, then will pay 80€ per month for some time
yes they keep communication

Last edited:
O

one job away

Zephir
Time online
89d 1h 33m
OOGABOOGA said:
Fuck, does ccw mean you end up with this angled jaw instead of a straight jawline? SixCRY @SixCRY
No. Ccw does nothing for the mandible body shape. It simply rotates the maxilla and mandible. The anchor points for the rotation should be known. But if you don’t. The mandible gets cut around the gonions and then just gets slided forward. If the maxilla is rotated you rotate the mandible accordingly. The mandible body does not change shape. The guy in the pic simply has a round mandible

OOGABOOGA

OOGABOOGA

Kevin Durant has a long and skinny penis
Time online
154d 6h 10m
one job away said:
No. Ccw does nothing for the mandible body shape. It simply rotates the maxilla and mandible. The anchor points for the rotation should be known. But if you don’t. The mandible gets cut around the gonions and then just gets slided forward. If the maxilla is rotated you rotate the mandible accordingly. The mandible body does not change shape. The guy in the pic simply had a round mandible
Ok that’s what I originally thought but you see why the insta post kind of indicates otherwise yeah?

O

one job away

Zephir
Time online
89d 1h 33m
OOGABOOGA said:
Ok that’s what I originally thought but you see why the insta post kind of indicates otherwise yeah?
His jaw didn’t change shape. You can’t even see his mandible body bone in the before since it’s hidden by the submental area

OOGABOOGA

OOGABOOGA

Time online
154d 6h 10m
one job away said:
His jaw didn’t change shape. You can’t even see his mandible body bone in the before since it’s hidden by the submental area
Yeah but in the before and after x ray it looks like it changes shape and the after side profile pic his jaw doesn’t look as straight as in the before x ray

O

one job away

Zephir
Time online
89d 1h 33m
OOGABOOGA said:
Yeah but in the before and after x ray it looks like it changes shape and the after side profile pic his jaw doesn’t look as straight as in the before x ray
Mh yeah I get what you’re seeing. Didn’t even see the X-ray. I only ever looked at the results and I never noticed a visible change.

OOGABOOGA

OOGABOOGA

Time online
154d 6h 10m
one job away said:
Mh yeah I get what you’re seeing. Didn’t even see the X-ray. I only ever looked at the results and I never noticed a visible change.
Kinda sus. Either way whether bimax is right for me or not I will improve from genio so I gotta talk to surgeons and find out anyway

O

one job away

Zephir
Time online
89d 1h 33m
OOGABOOGA said:
Kinda sus. Either way whether bimax is right for me or not I will improve from genio so I gotta talk to surgeons and find out anyway
I guess it heavily depends on the cut.

As you can see the dal Pont Splits the mandible body mid body. The Obwegeser 1957 (there are multiple Obwegeser) right at the beginning so it can’t have any effect on the body.

But yeah. Asking surgeons always the best

SixCRY

SixCRY

Quantum
Time online
45d 5h 0m
one job away said:
I guess it heavily depends on the cut.
View attachment 1359771
As you can see the dal Pont Splits the mandible body mid body. The Obwegeser 1957 (there are multiple Obwegeser) right at the beginning so it can’t have any effect on the body.

But yeah. Asking surgeons always the bes

bsso is not a cut like ur totally separating bone, it's a mid split and it's extend to the gonion

Attachments

• FAEF72D4-DA7A-4DB5-9D2F-613413722428.png
    FAEF72D4-DA7A-4DB5-9D2F-613413722428.png
    125 KB · Views: 58
  • B0E3493F-EFD6-4168-8873-3B64D53B7864.jpeg
    B0E3493F-EFD6-4168-8873-3B64D53B7864.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 76
O

one job away

Zephir
Time online
89d 1h 33m
SixCRY said:
bsso is not a cut like ur totally separating bone, it's a mid split and it's extend to the gonion
Split. Cut. Whatever. But do you agree that if you don’t get a dal pont that the mandible body itself stays the same ?

like if I get a high bsso it defenitly won’t change. That’s physically impossible. If I get a obwegeser 1957 it shouldn’t either right? Only if you get a dal pont I can see that happening when getting ccw

SixCRY

SixCRY

Quantum
Time online
45d 5h 0m
one job away said:
Split. Cut. Whatever. But do you agree that if you don’t get a dal pont that the mandible body itself stays the same ?

like if I get a high bsso it defenitly won’t change. That’s physically impossible. If I get a obwegeser 1957 it shouldn’t either right? Only if you get a dal pont I can see that happening when getting ccw
it does change , the dalpont cut goes to gonion , bsso doesn't truly cut the mandivule , it opens it

Attachments

• ABF2A9B4-EC85-473E-8B74-D1A4FBE8F72B.jpeg
    ABF2A9B4-EC85-473E-8B74-D1A4FBE8F72B.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 65
spain

spain

Balls of steel
Time online
35d 3h 26m
Ok well, they just send me a video simulation. Its shows soft tissues with transparency so combined with bones its weird to watch but you can get an idea of the movements. It shows no numbers, im curious about advancement in millimeters and i asked if its possible to know.

He told me he would add genio, but according to this video i dont see or recognize any, i asked about this too...

From a front view my jaw and chin will be wider (thats what the bones show) im happy to see something finally.

Tomorrow i go for covid test

Last edited:
O

one job away

Zephir
Time online
89d 1h 33m
spain said:
Ok well, they just send me a video simulation. Its shows soft tissues with transparency so combined with bones its weird to watch but you can get an idea of the movements. It shows no numbers, im curious about advancement in millimeters and i asked if its possible to know.

He told me he would add genio, but according to this video i dont see or recognize any, i asked about this too...

From a front view my jaw and chin will be wider (thats what the bones show) im happy to see something finally.
How do your cheeks look ? I imagine the cheek area looks fuller due to the maxilla being more forward ?

MeinChadf

MeinChadf

Potatocel
Time online
11d 23h 21m
spain said:

Can u pm me the video?

spain

spain

Balls of steel
Time online
35d 3h 26m
one job away said:
How do your cheeks look ? I imagine the cheek area looks fuller due to the maxilla being more forward ?

Simulation doesnt show soft tissue moving there, but again its a simulation...

MeinChadf said:
Can u pm me the video?

It shows my face and also i dont know if they would be happy with it.
I will put some partial screenshots maybe.

Last edited:
spain

spain

Balls of steel
Time online
35d 3h 26m
I have info of advancements in millimeters of A point and B point

Both are two digits
B is bigger than A

Last edited:
L

looksmaxnewbie

Trainee
Time online
2d 8h 59m
does Alfaro allow you to have input on the degree of occlusal plane?

spain

spain

Balls of steel
Time online
35d 3h 26m
Just shaved, having surgery tomorrow
Im surprisingly calm, to me it feels like one more day :feelsgood:

looksmaxnewbie said:
does Alfaro allow you to have input on the degree of occlusal plane?

i dont even know what that is

but think that it was already "exotic" that i ask him for a simulation, imagine starting to discuss surgery details

Overbiter

Overbiter

Trainee
Time online
2d 13h 35m
Good luck. I'm having BSSO soon hopefully. The best time to act is now. NOW.

acrylicspider

acrylicspider

Living my worst life
Time online
2d 9h 18m
spain said:
Just shaved, having surgery tomorrow
Im surprisingly calm, to me it feels like one more day :feelsgood:

i dont even know what that is

but think that it was already "exotic" that i ask him for a simulation, imagine starting to discuss surgery details
sorry they made you feel that way. they shouldn’t stonewall someone on the intricate details of a life changing surgery. youre paying big bucks, it should be complementary.

anyway happy for you, good luck

B

baruch

Apprentice
Time online
74d 4h 46m
spain said:
Nurse says i have low inflammation compared to others

Already notice forward growth from side view, now lets wait for final results
What were your movements in mm?

MeinChadf

MeinChadf

Potatocel
Time online
11d 23h 21m
spain said:
Nurse says i have low inflammation compared to others

Already notice forward growth from side view, now lets wait for final results
Good work - don't prang out about looking chimpish while you're swollen, u will look good

coolguy1

coolguy1

Waiting for jaw surgery to ascend me
Time online
58d 23h 41m
How are u feeling bro?
Can u tell me everything u got? Like movements, rotation, maybe impaction?

lasthope

lasthope

Quantum
Time online
99d 1h 36m
coolguy1 said:
How are u feeling bro?
Can u tell me everything u got? Like movements, rotation, maybe impaction?
yeah tell verthink and please some before/after

W

wristcel

Zephir
Time online
131d 16h 31m
spain said:
NOT ME

Thoughts?
he offers 'surgery first'! I wonder how much he charges

Trainee
Time online
9d 10h 55m
Alfaro brings mogger movements again. Damn:) I think "normal" surgeons are conservative, BSSO max 10-12mm because relapse risks

spain

spain

Balls of steel
Time online
35d 3h 26m
DEFAULT said:
Alfaro brings mogger movements again. Damn:) I think "normal" surgeons are conservative, BSSO max 10-12mm because relapse risks

10 and 19 are good?

spain

spain

Balls of steel
Time online
35d 3h 26m
I have inflamation so its pretty hard to swallow, i must take very small slips... need like 15 minutes to drink 200ml and that is with coughing and spitting everywhere

I have to keep cleaning with a waterpik and theres always some blood

As soon as they gave me the green light i took a taxi to the airport, catch a 30min flight and im home. Im sleeping 1hour naps all day.

In terms of annoying:

Pain 4/10
Trouble spitting or swallowing 10/10
When i wake up dizzy from anestesia 30000/10 its like when you almost pass out with alcohol but way worse and lasted like 3 or 4 hours

Last edited:
Overbiter

Overbiter

Trainee
Time online
2d 13h 35m
spain said:
I have inflamation so its pretty hard to swallow, i must take very small slips... need like 15 minutes to drink 200ml and that is with coughing and spitting everywhere

I have to keep cleaning with a waterpik and theres always some blood

As soon as they gave me the green light i took a taxi to the airport, catch a 30min flight and im home. Im sleeping 1hour naps all day.

In terms of annoying:

Pain 4/10
Trouble spitting or swallowing 10/10
When i wake up dizzy from anestesia 30000/10 its like when you almost pass out with alcohol but way worse and lasted like 3 or 4 hours

I heard the dizziness after anaesthesia comes from swallowing blood during the surgery. This is normal. I'm glad all went well. Will you be on the before/after pictures and videos on Instagram or YouTube?

Last edited:
spain

spain

Balls of steel
Time online
35d 3h 26m
Overbiter said:
I heard the dizziness after anaesthesia comes from swallowing blood during the surgery. This is normal. I'm glad all went well. Will you be on the before/after pictures and videos on Instagram or YouTube?

I dont know, they didnt ask me about this

Trainee
Time online
9d 10h 55m
spain said:
10 and 19 are good?
Yes, big movements if you had flat face. 10mm LF1 sounds kinda ballsy but surely there's enough CCW to avoid dogface.

How was the clinic and operation experience, friendly and good? I feel like Alfaro is "let's get down to business" style, not too much communication as the clinic didn't even want to tell anything about your movements:think: Thanks for the updates.

spain

spain

Balls of steel
Time online
35d 3h 26m
Clinic and operation 10/10
Yes Alfaro goes straight to the point, ive read this many times also.
They finally sent me simulation and movements but only because i asked...
After surgery alfaro told me "so, are we friends now?" and i dont know if he meant it because i was asking the plan or as a joke because he just made surgery on me.
They also give you some private website with videos and articles about the surgery, how to deal with inflammation, how to use the waterpik... bla bla... very good info.

Today since a few hours ago im in some heavy pain in my jaw. They gave me prescription for valium but forgot to buy it.
So there was two options, paracetamol which is the usual or injectable nolotil. Since ive done steroids in the past i injected myself nolotil, didnt do shit, took also paracetamol, still didnt do anything. So i took an alprazolam and tramadol i had at home. I feel sleepy as fuck but still cannot sleep because i still feel annoying jaw.

Last edited:
acrylicspider

acrylicspider

Living my worst life
Time online
2d 9h 18m
spain said:
Clinic and operation 10/10
Yes Alfaro goes straight to the point, ive read this many times also.
They finally sent me simulation and movements but only because i asked...
After surgery alfaro told me "so, are we friends now?" and i dont know if he meant it because i was asking the plan or as a joke because he just made surgery on me.
They also give you some private website with videos and articles about the surgery, how to deal with inflammation, how to use the waterpik... bla bla... very good info.

Today since a few hours ago im in some heavy pain in my jaw. They gave me prescription for valium but forgot to buy it.
So there was two options, paracetamol which is the usual or injectable nolotil. Since ive done steroids in the past i injected myself nolotil, didnt do shit, took also paracetamol, still didnt do anything. So i took an alprazolam and tramadol i had at home. I feel sleepy as fuck but still cannot sleep because i still feel annoying jaw.
He def said that because you were pestering about the simulation. Don’t feel bad though, he’s a professional so in his mind he knows what to do and how to make someone look good—therefore doesn’t want to bother with simulations and movement info.

Glad you got the surgery, thanks for making a post about it and helping myself along with others while you went on this journey.

I plan on seeing him too, but I’m in US. If I have to fly over for consultations, it’s probably gonna be too expensive for me, plus there’s the risks/complications probability; are you worried about that with such large movements?

spain

spain

Balls of steel
Time online
35d 3h 26m
acrylicspider said:
He def said that because you were pestering about the simulation. Don’t feel bad though, he’s a professional so in his mind he knows what to do and how to make someone look good—therefore doesn’t want to bother with simulations and movement info.

Glad you got the surgery, thanks for making a post about it and helping myself along with others while you went on this journey.

I plan on seeing him too, but I’m in US. If I have to fly over for consultations, it’s probably gonna be too expensive for me, plus there’s the risks/complications probability; are you worried about that with such large movements?

Hm no im not worried, should i be?

Some of the meds in taking make me trip when i close my eyes, its so annoying:lul:

Users who are viewing this thread