My journey for bimax and rhino with Alfaro

aah sorry :lul:
Man, I thought this whole time you were talking about USD. For 28k euros the movements need to be worth it. Are the braces part of that cost, and did your dentist communicate with Dr. A so they know what to do

[Continuing my previous thread]

I will soon meet Alfaro for the last time before surgery. Will have the tests done and get the plan for surgery

Im not scared about anesthesia or having surgery done but i start to feel nervous, the restless nights have been haunting me for a couple of weeks with questions: what if after paying so much the results arent worth it? Should i keep the money and give up looksmaxing? Will it really improve my life?

Soon ill will be able to see a prediction of what can be done. I dont imagine myself with better facial traits, i really need to see that computerized prediction of what can be achieved realistically.

A week after i will get to the point of no return, getting the braces put on my teeth for the treatment after surgery.

Will report after planning day.
update?

This is definitely concerning. I hope they pull through. I'm surprised you weren't shown a plan before you paid for the surgery. Alfaro may fall out of consideration for me if your result - if you decide to go through with it - is subpar.

I had to advance in july 1k as a reservation fee (discounted from the total), if i pull out i would lose it probably.

Then, inside the total price, theres the "scan, custom splint, bla bla" fee which is about 3k and i hope they dont intend to charge me if i cancel surgery.

I emailed his manager and said that before paying anything i would like to see "something", that i want to know if i can have good movements done or not and as a client i feel like i should have information. She just replied "i understand you completely and will comment this with the doctor". It really feels like people mindlessly go just to fix their issues but without maximum aesthetic goal in mind, i feel like im the "annoying" or "weird" client that demands more than the others.

No reply since then, emailed her again yesterday warning her about how close the surgery date is, but now its weekend so i dont expect any news until monday.

I was hyped about the surgery all this summer and that feeling is gone now, i should be counting the days in excitement but instead im having bad stress.

Man, I thought this whole time you were talking about USD. For 28k euros the movements need to be worth it. Are the braces part of that cost, and did your dentist communicate with Dr. A so they know what to do
lol braces are apart
i paid 900€ when i got them put, then will pay 80€ per month for some time
yes they keep communication

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, acrylicspider, never_lucky and 3 others
Fuck, does ccw mean you end up with this angled jaw instead of a straight jawline? @SixCRY
No. Ccw does nothing for the mandible body shape. It simply rotates the maxilla and mandible. The anchor points for the rotation should be known. But if you don’t. The mandible gets cut around the gonions and then just gets slided forward. If the maxilla is rotated you rotate the mandible accordingly. The mandible body does not change shape. The guy in the pic simply has a round mandible

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725 and OOGABOOGA
No. Ccw does nothing for the mandible body shape. It simply rotates the maxilla and mandible. The anchor points for the rotation should be known. But if you don’t. The mandible gets cut around the gonions and then just gets slided forward. If the maxilla is rotated you rotate the mandible accordingly. The mandible body does not change shape. The guy in the pic simply had a round mandible
Ok that’s what I originally thought but you see why the insta post kind of indicates otherwise yeah?

• +1
Reactions: one job away
Ok that’s what I originally thought but you see why the insta post kind of indicates otherwise yeah?
His jaw didn’t change shape. You can’t even see his mandible body bone in the before since it’s hidden by the submental area

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
His jaw didn’t change shape. You can’t even see his mandible body bone in the before since it’s hidden by the submental area
Yeah but in the before and after x ray it looks like it changes shape and the after side profile pic his jaw doesn’t look as straight as in the before x ray

• +1
Yeah but in the before and after x ray it looks like it changes shape and the after side profile pic his jaw doesn’t look as straight as in the before x ray
Mh yeah I get what you’re seeing. Didn’t even see the X-ray. I only ever looked at the results and I never noticed a visible change.

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
Mh yeah I get what you’re seeing. Didn’t even see the X-ray. I only ever looked at the results and I never noticed a visible change.
Kinda sus. Either way whether bimax is right for me or not I will improve from genio so I gotta talk to surgeons and find out anyway

• +1
Kinda sus. Either way whether bimax is right for me or not I will improve from genio so I gotta talk to surgeons and find out anyway
I guess it heavily depends on the cut.

As you can see the dal Pont Splits the mandible body mid body. The Obwegeser 1957 (there are multiple Obwegeser) right at the beginning so it can’t have any effect on the body.

But yeah. Asking surgeons always the best

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman and OOGABOOGA
Thanks for thread hijack

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, one job away and LastHopeForNorman
I guess it heavily depends on the cut.
View attachment 1359771
As you can see the dal Pont Splits the mandible body mid body. The Obwegeser 1957 (there are multiple Obwegeser) right at the beginning so it can’t have any effect on the body.

But yeah. Asking surgeons always the bes

bsso is not a cut like ur totally separating bone, it's a mid split and it's extend to the gonion

Attachments

• FAEF72D4-DA7A-4DB5-9D2F-613413722428.png
    FAEF72D4-DA7A-4DB5-9D2F-613413722428.png
    125 KB · Views: 89
  • B0E3493F-EFD6-4168-8873-3B64D53B7864.jpeg
    B0E3493F-EFD6-4168-8873-3B64D53B7864.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 121
bsso is not a cut like ur totally separating bone, it's a mid split and it's extend to the gonion
Split. Cut. Whatever. But do you agree that if you don’t get a dal pont that the mandible body itself stays the same ?

like if I get a high bsso it defenitly won’t change. That’s physically impossible. If I get a obwegeser 1957 it shouldn’t either right? Only if you get a dal pont I can see that happening when getting ccw

• +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
Split. Cut. Whatever. But do you agree that if you don’t get a dal pont that the mandible body itself stays the same ?

like if I get a high bsso it defenitly won’t change. That’s physically impossible. If I get a obwegeser 1957 it shouldn’t either right? Only if you get a dal pont I can see that happening when getting ccw
it does change , the dalpont cut goes to gonion , bsso doesn't truly cut the mandivule , it opens it

Attachments

• ABF2A9B4-EC85-473E-8B74-D1A4FBE8F72B.jpeg
    ABF2A9B4-EC85-473E-8B74-D1A4FBE8F72B.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 110
  • +1
Ok well, they just send me a video simulation. Its shows soft tissues with transparency so combined with bones its weird to watch but you can get an idea of the movements. It shows no numbers, im curious about advancement in millimeters and i asked if its possible to know.

He told me he would add genio, but according to this video i dont see or recognize any, i asked about this too...

From a front view my jaw and chin will be wider (thats what the bones show) im happy to see something finally.

Tomorrow i go for covid test

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, acrylicspider and one job away
Ok well, they just send me a video simulation. Its shows soft tissues with transparency so combined with bones its weird to watch but you can get an idea of the movements. It shows no numbers, im curious about advancement in millimeters and i asked if its possible to know.

He told me he would add genio, but according to this video i dont see or recognize any, i asked about this too...

From a front view my jaw and chin will be wider (thats what the bones show) im happy to see something finally.
How do your cheeks look ? I imagine the cheek area looks fuller due to the maxilla being more forward ?

Can u pm me the video?

How do your cheeks look ? I imagine the cheek area looks fuller due to the maxilla being more forward ?

Simulation doesnt show soft tissue moving there, but again its a simulation...

Can u pm me the video?

It shows my face and also i dont know if they would be happy with it.
I will put some partial screenshots maybe.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lasthope, MeinChadf, one job away and 1 other person
I have info of advancements in millimeters of A point and B point

Both are two digits
B is bigger than A

Last edited:
does Alfaro allow you to have input on the degree of occlusal plane?

Just shaved, having surgery tomorrow
Im surprisingly calm, to me it feels like one more day :feelsgood:

does Alfaro allow you to have input on the degree of occlusal plane?

i dont even know what that is

but think that it was already "exotic" that i ask him for a simulation, imagine starting to discuss surgery details

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1, LastHopeForNorman, acrylicspider and 4 others
Good luck. I'm having BSSO soon hopefully. The best time to act is now. NOW.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: one job away and Deleted member 5799
Just shaved, having surgery tomorrow
Im surprisingly calm, to me it feels like one more day :feelsgood:

i dont even know what that is

but think that it was already "exotic" that i ask him for a simulation, imagine starting to discuss surgery details
sorry they made you feel that way. they shouldn’t stonewall someone on the intricate details of a life changing surgery. youre paying big bucks, it should be complementary.

anyway happy for you, good luck

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: one job away and Deleted member 5799
Going in some minutes to surgery :feelsautistic:

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: CursedOne, Anchor_Ship, ChristianChad and 9 others
Nurse says i have low inflammation compared to others

Already notice forward growth from side view, now lets wait for final results

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: CursedOne, Anchor_Ship, freeone12 and 7 others

What were your movements in mm?

Good work - don't prang out about looking chimpish while you're swollen, u will look good

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: CursedOne, ChristianChad, one job away and 3 others
How are u feeling bro?
Can u tell me everything u got? Like movements, rotation, maybe impaction?

• +1
Reactions: lasthope
How are u feeling bro?
Can u tell me everything u got? Like movements, rotation, maybe impaction?
yeah tell verthink and please some before/after

Alfaro brings mogger movements again. Damn:) I think "normal" surgeons are conservative, BSSO max 10-12mm because relapse risks

Alfaro brings mogger movements again. Damn:) I think "normal" surgeons are conservative, BSSO max 10-12mm because relapse risks

10 and 19 are good?

I have inflamation so its pretty hard to swallow, i must take very small slips... need like 15 minutes to drink 200ml and that is with coughing and spitting everywhere

I have to keep cleaning with a waterpik and theres always some blood

As soon as they gave me the green light i took a taxi to the airport, catch a 30min flight and im home. Im sleeping 1hour naps all day.

In terms of annoying:

Pain 4/10
Trouble spitting or swallowing 10/10
When i wake up dizzy from anestesia 30000/10 its like when you almost pass out with alcohol but way worse and lasted like 3 or 4 hours

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, Deleted member 2729, ifyouwannabemylover and 2 others
I have inflamation so its pretty hard to swallow, i must take very small slips... need like 15 minutes to drink 200ml and that is with coughing and spitting everywhere

I have to keep cleaning with a waterpik and theres always some blood

As soon as they gave me the green light i took a taxi to the airport, catch a 30min flight and im home. Im sleeping 1hour naps all day.

In terms of annoying:

Pain 4/10
Trouble spitting or swallowing 10/10
When i wake up dizzy from anestesia 30000/10 its like when you almost pass out with alcohol but way worse and lasted like 3 or 4 hours

I heard the dizziness after anaesthesia comes from swallowing blood during the surgery. This is normal. I'm glad all went well. Will you be on the before/after pictures and videos on Instagram or YouTube?

Last edited:
I heard the dizziness after anaesthesia comes from swallowing blood during the surgery. This is normal. I'm glad all went well. Will you be on the before/after pictures and videos on Instagram or YouTube?

I dont know, they didnt ask me about this

10 and 19 are good?
Yes, big movements if you had flat face. 10mm LF1 sounds kinda ballsy but surely there's enough CCW to avoid dogface.

How was the clinic and operation experience, friendly and good? I feel like Alfaro is "let's get down to business" style, not too much communication as the clinic didn't even want to tell anything about your movements:think: Thanks for the updates.

Clinic and operation 10/10
Yes Alfaro goes straight to the point, ive read this many times also.
They finally sent me simulation and movements but only because i asked...
After surgery alfaro told me "so, are we friends now?" and i dont know if he meant it because i was asking the plan or as a joke because he just made surgery on me.
They also give you some private website with videos and articles about the surgery, how to deal with inflammation, how to use the waterpik... bla bla... very good info.

Today since a few hours ago im in some heavy pain in my jaw. They gave me prescription for valium but forgot to buy it.
So there was two options, paracetamol which is the usual or injectable nolotil. Since ive done steroids in the past i injected myself nolotil, didnt do shit, took also paracetamol, still didnt do anything. So i took an alprazolam and tramadol i had at home. I feel sleepy as fuck but still cannot sleep because i still feel annoying jaw.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, ChristianChad, LastHopeForNorman and 5 others
Clinic and operation 10/10
Yes Alfaro goes straight to the point, ive read this many times also.
They finally sent me simulation and movements but only because i asked...
After surgery alfaro told me "so, are we friends now?" and i dont know if he meant it because i was asking the plan or as a joke because he just made surgery on me.
They also give you some private website with videos and articles about the surgery, how to deal with inflammation, how to use the waterpik... bla bla... very good info.

Today since a few hours ago im in some heavy pain in my jaw. They gave me prescription for valium but forgot to buy it.
So there was two options, paracetamol which is the usual or injectable nolotil. Since ive done steroids in the past i injected myself nolotil, didnt do shit, took also paracetamol, still didnt do anything. So i took an alprazolam and tramadol i had at home. I feel sleepy as fuck but still cannot sleep because i still feel annoying jaw.
He def said that because you were pestering about the simulation. Don’t feel bad though, he’s a professional so in his mind he knows what to do and how to make someone look good—therefore doesn’t want to bother with simulations and movement info.

Glad you got the surgery, thanks for making a post about it and helping myself along with others while you went on this journey.

I plan on seeing him too, but I’m in US. If I have to fly over for consultations, it’s probably gonna be too expensive for me, plus there’s the risks/complications probability; are you worried about that with such large movements?

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship
He def said that because you were pestering about the simulation. Don’t feel bad though, he’s a professional so in his mind he knows what to do and how to make someone look good—therefore doesn’t want to bother with simulations and movement info.

Glad you got the surgery, thanks for making a post about it and helping myself along with others while you went on this journey.

I plan on seeing him too, but I’m in US. If I have to fly over for consultations, it’s probably gonna be too expensive for me, plus there’s the risks/complications probability; are you worried about that with such large movements?

Hm no im not worried, should i be?

Some of the meds in taking make me trip when i close my eyes, its so annoying:lul:

Its very strange.

Usually in the mornings i feel good, but in the afternoons and night its hell on earth. Inflammation comes back and have serious bone pain. No meds will help. I usually alternate between playing videogames and trying to sleep until i see the sunrise, then, strangely, i can sleep for 2-3 hours. Even if i only sleep so little i dont feel particularly tired.

I have a checkup tomorrow, feel lazy to catch the plane but whatever.

Also have a weird wound on my nose, first time i saw it i thought it was necrosis and fucking panicked, they told me its just a wound, i was told to remove the cast on the nose and keep it clean until tomorrow.

Mucus gets less annoying every day so its becoming easier to drink :forcedsmile:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, LastHopeForNorman, Deleted member 5385 and 7 others
Today was a weird day.

I couldnt sleep at night, i was in pain, literally slept 0 hour and had to take a flight early in the morning to Barcelona for a checkup with the doc.
And so i did, i had the great idea :feelsuhh: of getting a supercharged coffee which combined with the morning antibiotics made me feel like shit and also my heart gave me crazy anxiety on the flight, i was nearly panicking.
Well, at Alfaro's everything was good. I can finally remove the bands and eat soft foods, they teach me how to do it and which exercises to make. Then i return to the airport straight up and take another flight home, all this without sleeping in all night. It was hard to stay awake, i was tryharding on the taxis to stay awake, for some reason couldnt sleep on the plane back.

Until here, as you can see, it was a pretty shit day considering the pain and lack of sleep.

Then i arrive home. I used some nose spray that the doc told me and my nose is pretty clear now. The difference in well-being is big. Also swelling was way smaller (walking all day really helped) I drank some protein and had a 1 hour nap (until my daugher woke up and started playing and doing noise)

First thing i did was to remove bands and do the exercises... i suddenly felt huge happiness. I was far from being finished with the recovery process but it didnt matter, just taking the bands away for some time and seeing how your mouth is near fully functional after what has suffered in surgery was epic.

Putting back one of the bands is a bit tricky but it can be done.

The next big thing im waiting is to have the damn splint removed, i hate it with all my life :lul: i think it will be on next checkup, in two weeks.

• +1
Reactions: one job away, acrylicspider, LastHopeForNorman and 4 others
Today was a weird day.

I couldnt sleep at night, i was in pain, literally slept 0 hour and had to take a flight early in the morning to Barcelona for a checkup with the doc.
And so i did, i had the great idea :feelsuhh: of getting a supercharged coffee which combined with the morning antibiotics made me feel like shit and also my heart gave me crazy anxiety on the flight, i was nearly panicking.
Well, at Alfaro's everything was good. I can finally remove the bands and eat soft foods, they teach me how to do it and which exercises to make. Then i return to the airport straight up and take another flight home, all this without sleeping in all night. It was hard to stay awake, i was tryharding on the taxis to stay awake, for some reason couldnt sleep on the plane back.

Until here, as you can see, it was a pretty shit day considering the pain and lack of sleep.

Then i arrive home. I used some nose spray that the doc told me and my nose is pretty clear now. The difference in well-being is big. Also swelling was way smaller (walking all day really helped) I drank some protein and had a 1 hour nap (until my daugher woke up and started playing and doing noise)

First thing i did was to remove bands and do the exercises... i suddenly felt huge happiness. I was far from being finished with the recovery process but it didnt matter, just taking the bands away for some time and seeing how your mouth is near fully functional after what has suffered in surgery was epic.

Putting back one of the bands is a bit tricky but it can be done.

The next big thing im waiting is to have the damn splint removed, i hate it with all my life :lul: i think it will be on next checkup, in two weeks.
Soft foods already after 6-7 days? I remember Alfaro telling how his super non-invasive technique allows patients to go off liquid diet very fast but damn:) Are you allowed to chew soft food carefully or just mush the soft food with your tongue?

• +1
Reactions: MeinChadf
Soft foods already after 6-7 days? I remember Alfaro telling how his super non-invasive technique allows patients to go off liquid diet very fast but damn:) Are you allowed to chew soft food carefully or just mush the soft food with your tongue?

Not only im allowed to chew but its also encouraged. I would say he believes in regaining funcionality as soon as possible.

Some of the exercises include opening your mouth as much as possible, hold for 10 seconds, and then bite and hold bite. The more times during the day, the better

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: never_lucky, MulattoTrenMaxxer and DEFAULT
Any news. ?

• +1
Reactions: never_lucky and one job away
Any news. ?

Feeling weak all day, have trouble sleeping, i can sleep from 23 to maybe 4AM and after this i keep waking every hour because painkiller doesnt work long enough

This night i had blood coming out of my nose but nothing important. Also every day i manage to clean my airways spitting away blood that was stuck there for days.

Stretching exercises for mouth are going well i think. The goal is to be able to open it enough so you can fit 3 fingers in the gap by week 4 and i can do 2 and half.

I keep having this kind of fever that makes my brain to function at 50% :lul: and also keep needing decent painkillers

I hate putting the bands its annoying as hell because of the screws position. Also i hate the splint.

As i said my mind isnt very fresh right now, i have hard trouble not making spelling mistakes now so i apologize if some stuff i write sounds gibberish

Edit: my temperature is 36.3 but i feel like im 38...

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lasthope, LastHopeForNorman, never_lucky and 1 other person
:unsure: Take care about fever it could be an infection… I hope you are ok. !!
What the surgeon said during your check up ?

:unsure: Take care about fever it could be an infection… I hope you are ok. !!
What the surgeon said during your check up ?

its not a fever
feels like a fever but im actually on normal temperature... i relate it to certain med im taking

everything was fine, had some wound in my nose but seems to be healing, slowly but good

• +1
Reactions: pouetpouet
its not a fever
feels like a fever but im actually on normal temperature... i relate it to certain med im taking

everything was fine, had some wound in my nose but seems to be healing, slowly but good
I will maybe consult with him.