Problem with jaw implant

Sal123

Sal123

Diamond
Muscle displacement. It occurred to my left masseter muscle. A muscle is attached to bone via tendons. If your jaw implants lower the gonial, the muscle needs to be cut and reattached but either the tendon stretches or the actual muscle - it really depends on your luck, if the tendon stretches but not the muscle then you’ll be left with a protrusion slightly higher up. It’s strange not many talk about this issue, but all surgeons including Eppley say it is inevitable and depends on your luck. Dr defrancq said he would fix this by making and incision in my neck, stretch the muscle and reattach it at the gonial but not sure if I want to.

Attachments

• 2A60704A-87D0-4B29-8548-87146A1312B5.jpeg
    2A60704A-87D0-4B29-8548-87146A1312B5.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 206
  • +1
  • So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: MentalistKebab, Preoximerianas, sandcelmuttcel and 12 others
thank for spreading the awareness on this potential issue

• +1
Reactions: amsterdammer, Preoximerianas, Deleted member 2729 and 13 others
Do it.

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass and Almu
Is this wraparound?

Holy crap that looks strange

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Acromegaly_Chad, Deleted member 3202 and 2 others
Genuine chads needn't worry about this shit. They just fuck women and live worry-free. Over for surgerycels ded srs

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Preoximerianas, .👽., aBetterMii and 2 others
Holy crap that looks strange
What I find strange is I never came across this until a guy who had jaw implants by Eppley and approached me asking if I had the same problem

I had a few jaw implant surgeries and now have masseter disinsertion (the technical name for it) worse than you have, and on both sides. It doesn't affect my ability to chew, so I haven't fucked with it. Yaremchuk wrote a paper on this including how to fix it, and told me in person he'd attempt to fix it in my case, but there are no guarantees. If you end up having Defrancq go in through a risdon incision under the jaw and fix it, let me know how it goes.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: .👽., freeone12 and Adrenochrome
I had a few jaw implant surgeries and now have masseter disinsertion (the technical name for it) worse than you have, and on both sides. It doesn't affect my ability to chew, so I haven't fucked with it. Yaremchuk wrote a paper on this including how to fix it, and told me in person he'd attempt to fix it in my case, but there are no guarantees. If you end up having Defrancq go in through a risdon incision under the jaw and fix it, let me know how it goes.
Can u dm me your pics
It’s weird because I also came across dr y paper . More surgeons need to discuss this

I'm looking down on implantcels

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3962
Filler disappear, implant can go wrong - its over, matrix glitching when you trying to change source code

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, .👽., aBetterMii and 6 others
Filler disappear, implant can go wrong - its over, matrix glitching when you trying to change source code
ikr, and surgeons can't stretch the muscle during surgery because they don't know if its gonna stretch or not, jaw works fine however

• +1
Reactions: freeone12 and Adrenochrome
Muscle displacement. It occurred to my left masseter muscle. A muscle is attached to bone via tendons. If your jaw implants lower the gonial, the muscle needs to be cut and reattached but either the tendon stretches or the actual muscle - it really depends on your luck, if the tendon stretches but not the muscle then you’ll be left with a protrusion slightly higher up. It’s strange not many talk about this issue, but all surgeons including Eppley say it is inevitable and depends on your luck. Dr defrancq said he would fix this by making and incision in my neck, stretch the muscle and reattach it at the gonial but not sure if I want to.
🤦🏻‍♂️ Jesus Christ man ... wtf ... I’m sorry this happened to you ) :

Did this just happen today?!

BUT YO! You know BfromUK on JSF? -He had the same exact issue as you and Defrancq fixed it for him -drop him him a PM and he can probably sort you out with details.

Ayee man ... very sorry to hear about this ) :

My buddy from above didn’t have the issue to the extent that you do (only 1 side and no disintegration) but maybe you want to talk to him? (just pm me if interested and I’ll see if I can connect you guys)

☮️

BUT YO! You know BfromUK on JSF? -He had the same exact issue as you and Defrancq fixed it for him -drop him him a PM and he can probably sort you out with details.

My buddy from above didn’t have the issue to the extent that you do (only 1 side and no disintegration) but maybe you want to talk to him? (just pm me if interested and I’ll see if I can connect you guys)

im gonna see dr defrancq on 1 feb for post consumption in london, and nah it became more visible after swelling subsided, jaw works fine its just due to the tendon stretching but not the muscle, and ill get it fixed if i get cheek implants

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054 and Adrenochrome

☮️

Yeah he pmed me. I'm glad to see more surgeons than just Y may know how to fix this.

• +1
Reactions: Adrenochrome

makes you wonder why he wouldn't just avoid it using this method during the inital surgery

Yeah he pmed me. I'm glad to see more surgeons than just Y may know how to fix this.

Very good man! I hope all goes well for you brother 🙏🏼

makes you wonder why he wouldn't just avoid it using this method during the inital surgery
a suregon has no idea if the tendon or the muscle will stretch, if u take the risk and stretch the muscle and then see that the muscle DID stretch , then you'd have a lump on the bottom of your jaw

• +1
Reactions: Linoob and Deleted member 4054
a suregon has no idea if the tendon or the muscle will stretch, if u take the risk and stretch the muscle and then see that the muscle DID stretch , then you'd have a lump on the bottom of your jaw

Not to mention the muscle can only be sutured to the inferior edge of the implant/mandible with an external incision, which hardly anyone uses when placing implants

I have had my jaw implants, medpore, for 10 years , no such problem. First I have heard of it.

• Woah
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
If you get jaw implants just for width, this wouldn't happen, right? Anyone with experiences?

If you get jaw implants just for width, this wouldn't happen, right? Anyone with experiences?
At least not to that extend, yes. The best implants for lateralization are those that do not overhang the mandibular edge and thus are placed just right between bone and the muscle, then you also don't need your medial pterygoid cut and reattached which carries its own risks

I myself got my jaw angles vertically dropped by 15mm (!) during a chin wing and I don't have that issue at all, so maybe it also only occurs when the muscle is cut and reattached idk.

• Woah
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel
The best implants for lateralization are those that do not overhang the mandibular edge and thus are placed just right between bone and the muscle
can you elaborate more on this ?

how big were your jaw implants?

He hasn't been on in over a year. He's 60 and roided so he probably died from covid, but I remember he actually had 11mm rz style plus additional implant added over it for a total of around 15mm per side, done by Ramirez

• Woah
Reactions: randomvanish
He hasn't been on in over a year. He's 60 and roided so he probably died from covid, but I remember he actually had 11mm rz style plus additional implant added over it for a total of around 15mm per side, done by Ramirez
what the hell is that true ? a story if it's true. also ramirez who? oscar ramirez?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054
what the hell is that true ? a story if it's true. also ramirez who? oscar ramirez?
I'm just joking about the covid thing because he's so old, although I guess it's possible. Hopefully he's doin alright. And yeah he went to Oscar Ramirez

• +1
I'm just joking about the covid thing because he's so old, although I guess it's possible. Hopefully he's doin alright. And yeah he went to Oscar Ramirez
isn't he got a lawsuit because 2 people died in his facility so he opens another in mexico i guess?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054
isn't he got a lawsuit because 2 people died in his facility so he opens another in mexico i guess?
Yeah two people died after their surgeries, and since he performed operations that technically went too long for having not being performed in a hospital with blood transfusions on hand if needed the medical board in Maryland came down on him and pulled his license and he moved his practice to FL. He also practices in his home country of maybe peru or something I forget exactly where. He was a great surgeon, a true pioneer and blackpilled as fuck (I had a few hilarious conversations with him), but like every great implant doc he's getting too old now.

• +1
To this day he's still the only doc capable of doing jaw and chin implants entirely through the incision under the chin endoscopically, without cutting inside the mouth by the back teeth.