Question to tretinoin users

D

Deleted member 1990

Gold
I started applying tret every 3 days at night recently at 0.05 percent for anti aging and facial fat loss. Ive started alot of flaking and dry skin, what do I do about that. Also I've read on threads here that retinoids in general may cause Tel effluvium, how possible is that considering that I apply tret at 0.5 mg per gram daily?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
your skin gets used to irritation. the meme about retinoids causing TE is absolute retardation, in fact tretinoin is known to be used alongside other treatments for hair loss

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1990
Just apply moisturizer every morning and you're done

I am using a moisturiser with retinol in it and my forehead is getting very flaky and dry, is it because of retinol in it?

• +1
You can switch to retinoids instead of retinol, they work slower but generate no irritation.

I personally didn't notice much difference between tretinoin and granactive retinoid in terms of how good it makes your skin look via improved skin cell turnover.

It's just that GR doesn't make the skin red at all or irritate it. So I don't mind if the results come in ~3x slower, the tradeoff is very good since the retinoid and retinol game are played in the long haul. It doesn't give immediate results anyway.

GR can also be bought over the counter, tret needs a prescription (not hard to get though).

• +1
I rly hope it don’t cause hair thinning otherwise I’ll throw it in the bin rn

• +1
Alright I'll use the moisturiser but what abt the hair thinning question. I'm only 16 I don't want to be a baldingcel. Please help. This is the only thing keeping me from using tret on a regular basis

your skin gets used to irritation. the meme about retinoids causing TE is absolute retardation, in fact tretinoin is known to be used alongside other treatments for hair loss
Fr? But I've seen some threads here and on Reddit discussing hair shedding after tret use.