Questions about the "Malar Bones" I NEED answered

Selinity

Selinity

Zephir
I have three questions:
-What are the malar bones?
-How do they effect "hollow cheeks,"
-what do their prominence say about your maxillofacial development?

tagging some high-iq cels to help answer the question:
@Kingkellz
@Chintuck22
@thecel
@Toska
@spark

Thankyou.

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22, Deleted member 13197 and thecel
The ideal for malar bones is having super vertically narrow zygos. Hunter zygos if you will.

6C2A129C 03EB 4D77 9FF9 B5A5BC602997
9D246F38 21C2 41E7 913E 67C03982AA5C

Above: A Normal Zygo And A Vertically-Narrow Hunter Zygo

Below: She has submalar deficiency. However, if the doctors were blackpilled, they’d knough thagh her zygoez aghr huntergh.

B66D6E5C 2233 4633 B8E3 A79993367CE1

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lmao, Chintuck22 and Selinity
Malar = zygos

Keep writing essays @thecel :p

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Growth Plate, .👽. and 3 others
I have three questions:

@Kingkellz
@Chintuck22
@thecel
@Toska
@spark

Thankyou.
Bump I have the exact same questions, although I can answer ur last question tho

• +1
Reactions: thecel
I have three questions:

@Kingkellz
@Chintuck22
@thecel
@Toska
@spark

Thankyou.
If malars are the same thing as a zygos then yea

• +1
Reactions: thecel
malar bones are the zygos, it's just another word to describe it. The more anterior projection that the malar bone has, the more hollow your cheeks will be because a anterior projection will stretch your skin out more near the cheeks, zygos also have to be narrow. This is only one factor tho, for your cheeks to actually be very hollow it also depends on how much buccal fat you have in your cheeks and that's genetic. I'm not sure abt the last one tbh

• +1
Reactions: the next o'pry and thecel
The more anterior projection that the malar bone has, the more hollow your cheeks will be because a anterior projection will stretch your skin out more near the cheeks, zygos also have to be narrow. This is only one factor tho, for your cheeks to actually be very hollow it also depends on how much buccal fat you have in your cheeks and that's genetic.
It has little to do with zygo projection tbh:
Wrong. There are countless examples of people WITHOUT forward projecting malar complexes that have hollow cheeks. Hollow cheeks seem to be more of a soft tissue interaction with the lower maxilla and fat pads. The more that area is stretched forward by the upper jaw and lower jaw+chin in addition to that interaction with the fat pads/soft tissue = potential for hollow cheeks. Also, some people even with good bones naturally hold more buccal and subcutaneous fat in their cheeks which makes them need to go even lower to get the hollowing effect. A good example of my point is a user here who underwent Bimax. His cheekbones area is average at best but got Bimax with CCW and modified chin wing and now he has hollow cheeks. Clear soft tissue connection. Laterally projecting zygos arch is important to make hollow cheeks more striking, but the actual hollowing has little to do with zygos.
EDIT: I consulted with a surgeon today. Confirmed my theory. I asked him specifically why some people get hollow cheeks after Bimax (mentioned a user here who did surgery with Ramieri) and he said it's because the tissue surrounding the area (mainly muscle and buccal fat) gets moved/goes down a bit because the area is being filled the previously recessed bone (this being the lower maxilla).

• +1
Reactions: Selinity and Deleted member 13197
It has little to do with zygo projection tbh:
yea it's mostly just how much buccal fat you have in your cheeks but that's genetic

yea it's mostly just how much buccal fat you have in your cheeks but that's genetic
Have you read the posts I quoted? It is mainly about how forward grown your jaws are.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13197
Have you read the posts I quoted? It is mainly about how forward grown your jaws are.
i skimmed over them but now i reread in detail. So i guess jaw is law, it gives you the base for hollow cheeks and projected zygos just make it more appealing

brutal humiliation pill for me
Sterling K Brown Crying GIF by This Is Us

• JFL
Reactions: Protégé
I have three questions:
Zygomatic bones

They do. effect hollow cheecks.
Because if one does the Powell analysis, for predicting hollow cheecks potential if lean. Than one can see in that drawing of lines also how the malar.zygomatics play it's role.

Zygos

The Maxxila ; is a different bone. So it can have it's own development. So the zygomatic bone, doesn't say anything about the maxxila (bone). Ideally they are in great proportion with each other.
I have seen great zygomatic bones, but than "pancake" maxilla bone, which is not ideal.

I think this is great zygomatic and maxilla bone development combo
1620942519981-png.1134258
post-398-1135183537.jpg

• Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero
They do. effect hollow cheecks.
Because if one does the Powell analysis, for predicting hollow cheecks potential if lean. Than one can see in that drawing of lines also how the malar.zygomatics play it's role.
When I see the most prominent point of my zygos it's very close to my eyes, but when I feel at the very bottom of my cheek bones they're like in the bottom area of my nose.
Is that good or bad? Should my zygos have a higher "lowest-point"?

When I see the most prominent point of my zygos it's very close to my eyes, but when I feel at the very bottom of my cheek bones they're like in the bottom area of my nose.
Is that good or bad? Should my zygos have a higher "lowest-point"?
A downward angle in it, is normal. in text it sounds a bit asif angles to much, but basically one gotta measure it, on yout face.
Ideally it's also an angle in line a bit with the jawline angle. And at ..... degreee ange, dependant on ethnicity bit also rest of face features.

Time to start drawing many lines on your face, bro., To decide your own personal best angle. Everything = in proportion to everything. to find what is good, ideal. depends alot on different features in face.
Go for pporportionality and good angles WITH rest of face. not standard-dtandards on 1 feature, when (99% of the case) all the rest of your face is not standard.

Analyses-of-malar-projection-a-Hinderer-analysis-b-Pwell-et-al-analysis-c-Silver.png

Asian angles, also tend to be different from whites for example.
When the skulls of Asian ancestry groups are viewed in the norma basalis the zygo‐maxillary junction appears as a 90‐degree angle, but this angle is beaklike in Arctic groups (Novita, 2006; Chen et al., 2011), while a more obtuse zygomaxillary angle has been reported in Chinese, indicative of an even greater extent of facial flatness (Wang et al., 2002). In addition, midfaces exhibit more anteriorly situated frontal processes of the zygomatic bones and more or less flat nasal bones (Hanihara, 2000). In more than half of cases the zygomaxillary suture is s‐shaped in Asians and Native Americans (Hefner, 2009), while others have found it to be more angled (Chen et al., 2011). Native Americans further have a stronger expression of the zygomaxillary tuberosity, zygomatic trigone, and malar tubercle than the other groups studied (Baab et al., 2010)

Last edited: