Reflections and advice from a surgerymaxxer

As some of you know I started my surgerymaxxing almost 3 years ago with bimax and mini chinwing, then I recently done rhinoplasty + gonions implants + zygo and infraorbital implants.
You can see my bimax results here:
Did you know you needed those measurements ahead of time or did the surgeon suggest them?

yooo I have a question for you since you hella knowledgeable

My jaw is asymetric most likely due to my overbite but after I fix it with braces,

What can I do? Implants or short chin wing?

I believe it needs slight advancement to get that sharp jaw curvature

A4F7D388 C5AF 49A3 9EF8 2655F0F6D257

448FF684 C56B 4D2F 82F1 1C2CFD765E63
A9454984 3F93 40ED 968D 3D9349EBE1A4

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4991
Did you know you needed those measurements ahead of time or did the surgeon suggest them?
For bimax he suggest me, i just told him to advance much. For implants i actualy designed it, rhinoplasty just told him the surgeron what i wanted to achieve

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Cope
For bimax he suggest me, i just told him to advance much. For implants i actualy design it, rhinoplasty just told him the surgeron what i wanted to achieve
Did you consult with multiple maxillofacial surgeons?

yooo I have a question for you since you hella knowledgeable

My jaw is asymetric most likely due to my overbite but after I fix it with braces,

What can I do? Implants or short chin wing?

I believe it needs slight advancement to get that sharp jaw curvature

View attachment 1598884
View attachment 1598887View attachment 1598888
If i were u i would not touch the chin, it’s already good and balanced for your face. But yes the overbite is actualy visible, i think you need more bigonial width other than doing something on the chin tbh

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member
Did you consult with multiple maxillofacial surgeons?
Yes, Ramieri and Pagnoni, thought about Raffaini but price was out of my league

• +1
Reactions: Cope
If i were u i would not touch the chin, it’s already good and balanced for your face. But yes the overbite is actualy visible, i think you need more bigonial width than doing something on the chin tbh
Yeah youre right my chin is good enough

I’m just not sure what to do for the jaw

I don’t wanna do bimax cuz I’m not recessed and it’d be a waste of money

But after braces align my teeth, what surgery can only advance the jaw forward?

when I jutt I can see the true position of my jaw which is a sharp curve that looks so fucking chaddy

I’m trapped in a face that shouldn’t be mine

Short chin wing? What jaw advancement surgery do you recommend

Yeah youre right my chin is good enough

I’m just not sure what to do for the jaw

I don’t wanna do bimax cuz I’m not recessed and it’d be a waste of money

But after braces align my teeth, what surgery can only advance the jaw forward?

when I jutt I can see the true position of my jaw which is a sharp curve that looks so fucking chaddy

I’m trapped in a face that shouldn’t be mine

Short chin wing? What jaw advancement surgery do you recommend
What u can do is:
-Bimax (but as you told you are not recessed at all) so no worth imo
-Genio or minichinwing, maybe just to advance a bit but the shape is already good, also i would not change the height of the chin in your case.
-Wraparound so you can add more width to the gonions and advance the chin ad the same time

Tbh i think Wraparound is the best in your case, but even the more risky to end up uncanny/botched so be carefull with the design

• +1
What u can do is:
-Bimax (but as you told you are not recessed at all) so no worth imo
-Genio or minichinwing, maybe just to advance a bit but the shape is already good, also i would not change the height of the chin in your case.
-Wraparound so you can add more width to the gonions and advance the chin ad the same time

Tbh i think Wraparound is the best in your case, but even the more risky to end up uncanny/botched so be carefull with the design
but I need to fix my bimaxillary protrusion first no?

braces won’t fix my jaw alignment so adding implants would definitely give me an uncanny look

I need something to advance the gonions and the jaw forward :feelswah:

but I need to fix my bimaxillary protrusion first no?

braces won’t fix my jaw alignment so adding implants would definitely give me an uncanny look

I need something to advance the gonions and the jaw forward :feelswah:
Do you have a ct scan or xray? So i can see your occlusion

• +1
Thank you for posting this also welcome back

• Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero and TheLordMadness
Best of best @Alexanderr @Lorsss @Gargantuan

ED9F9C12 4E7C 468E 9418 CFA550DA2BA2

By the way, this is what i mean with masseter dislocation, my masseter does not cover fully the implant, can only be seen when i flex the muscle and with low light but still frustrating

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Polar, Slayerino, wateriswet and 8 others
View attachment 1598936
By the way, this is what i mean with masseter dislocation, my masseter does not cover fully the implant, can only be seen when i flex the muscle and with low light but still frustrating
it looks like a really slight problem and looks insane by the jawline.

how it looks from front?

• +1
Reactions: wateriswet
As some of you know I started my surgerymaxxing almost 3 years ago with bimax and mini chinwing, then I recently done rhinoplasty + gonions implants + zygo and infraorbital implants.

I will post my rhinoplasty + implants results soon maybe, i’m still swollen so makes no sense for now

In general my experience has been positive, the mere fact of being able to take pictures without throwing up or being able to have a normal social life, as well as being able to have good quality foids and ons that I could not even imagine before, literally changed my life and i will never regret my choises.

But I learned that there are also downsides.
I do not want to discourage you from surgery maxxing, mine are reflections and ideas that can help you face all oh this with the right mentality.

First of all, it must be recognized that surgery does not work as most people think on this forum. All surgeries never go like expectations, 99%of the times u are going to face some kind of botches, unexpected things or be unsatisfied, not to mention the risks that there are (as well as health such as infections, loss of sensitivity, etc .. also aesthetic so not being satisfied or even worsening with an uncanny look) also there are many limits in how you can change your face.
Surgeries must be treated as an investment, so you have to do it by minimizing the risks, how to do it?

-Only fix objective failoes and in a realistic way. I mean you’re objectively recessed? Ok do a Bimax + genio, but if you have a normal fg you will probably have more risks than benefits with bimax. Do you have normal eye area? Doing 5 surgeries to try to have O’Pry eye area is a bad idea (first of all you will never get it) and also is a bad risk/return ratio (rember to face surgeries ad an investment)

-Consider only realistic surgery, not even 0.0001% of people in here will ever do realistically (LeFort3, OBO, LL or other extreme surgies like that) so stick with realistic surgery for you and also with idea of realistic results (surgery can change your individual features but things like craniofacial ratio, midface, and harmony in general cannot be changed at all)

-Do some realistic morphs with photoshops (not morphs in chad as you often see here) look at them months later and understand if that change actually make yourself better or not

-Study and inform as much as you can about the chosen procedures (especially the risks and things that can go wrong and how to avoid them), we have an entire forum based on this so so do your reserch

-Look for surgeons specialized in selected surgeries, never go to unknown and cheap surgeons, the best surgeons are usually the ones you hear about on psl forums

-Give clear guidelines to the surgeon and discuss with him clearly what you want to achieve, also plan the operation in a smart and realistic way (especially if you do bimax and implants)

-Doing too much is not always the right choice (doing a 1.5cm genioplasty might be fine in some cases but many would end up having a ridiculous chin, or doing 1cm zygomatic implant would end up giving uncanny look to practically anyone), you should always prefer a natural look even if less striking more than overdoing and end up looking uncanny/fake like this guy:
View attachment 1592717

Despite all these precautions, it is likely to run into some failo botch or unexpected things (just like it happened to me) and the more surgery you do the higher the risk

For example in my first surgery (bimax + genio) I had complications with the mini chin wing that left steps on my jaw and it is also the reason that I convinced myself to put implants to the gonions (I was still satisfied with the result of bimax but that thingh annoyed me a lot), here some ct scan to let you know what i’m talking about:
View attachment 1592721
View attachment 1592719

In the second surgery I had the problem that masseters do not completely cover the gonion implant (which happens often) but still left me quite frustrated. (Also still satisfied in general and is minor thing almost invisible but frustrated me, and i think i will never fix this)

Another thing to keep in mind is the mentality. Each of us has a starting point, there are those who have surgical potential and some less but in any case no one will become jordan barret thanks to surgery, if you approach surgery thinking of becoming chad you will end up crazy, depressed, poor and botched. Fix objective failos and try to live life in the meantime, years and time passes as you take this way, also because most of the surgery requires long recovery times (months if not years), but in the meantime try not to stop social life, studies etc .. life is now, do not wait to start living when you have done all the surgergies, this thougt will damage you mentally and make you a failure without friends and social life.
One of the best posts on this forum.

I completely agree except for the only going to known surgeons.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244
it looks like a really slight problem and looks insane by the jawline.

how it looks from front?
I can’t even see the problem with the masseter from the front. but it makes my jaw a bit more oval than the implant design cause masseter add wisdth on the cheeks

BA755D44 6989 48A7 910B 02BEE85DFAC2

2790573 20220308 230745

does your design have this feature or linear ?

I can’t even see the problem with the masseter from the front. but it makes my jaw a bit more oval than the implant design cause masseter add wisdth on the cheeks

There is a surgery to take the masster back in place done by eppley adn defraq but i don’t want to take a 12h flight to jewmerica and it left you with a scar on the neck, and it doesn’t even work 100%

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Slayerino, Anchor_Ship, Deleted member 2729 and 1 other person
@TheLordMadness bro, u think should I get genio or short chinwing just like you?

Attachments

• nuszLo8 - Imgur.png
    nuszLo8 - Imgur.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: hypergamy
@TheLordMadness bro, u think should I get genio or short chinwing just like you?
Front pic? The chinwing change the front more than profile, anyway as i told before i think normal genio mogs in most cases

Sorry to bother you

Do you think can i fix my bite with braces? Because i was thinking to fix my eyes first
Your chin looks ok, but u clearly have a 2nd class bite, is your occlusion good? U had braces? If not, i don’t think braces can change much. Also do you have a ct scan?

Front pic? The chinwing change the front more than profile, anyway as i told before i think normal genio mogs in most cases

Actually i think u need to shorten the height of the chin while pushing it forward tbh, now it makes u look downward growth, if u add more height u’ll end up looking 3rd class recessed. I don’t know if chin wing is doable when shortening the face. In any case i would stick with wide genioplasty (were the cut is made deep but not as deep as the chinwing)

• +1
Actually i think u need to shorten the height of the chin while pushing it forward tbh, now it makes u look downward growth, if u add more height u’ll end up looking 3rd class recessed. I don’t know if chin wing is doable when shortening the face. In any case i would stick with wide genioplasty (were the cut is made deep but not as deep as the chinwing)
do u recommend any implant for me? i think about wraparound jaw implant for my narrow jawline

do u recommend any implant for me? i think about wraparound jaw implant for my narrow jawline
Could be an option, depends the situation of your occlusion, without a ct scan scan is hard to teel you. But u can’t obliovsly shorten the chin with wraparound. The problem with pushing forward with wraparound is that usually makes the labiomental fold too deep and looks unnatural

Anyway your bigonial widht isn’t good i agree. The best imo wide genio + gonion implants

• +1
Could be an option, depends the situation of your occlusion, without a ct scan scan is hard to teel you. But u can’t obliovsly shorten the chin with wraparound. The problem with pushing forward with wraparound is that usually makes the labiomental fold too deep and looks unnatural

Attachments

• rtg.jpg
    rtg.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 0
Ok your a occlusion is fine. Youre not really much recessed but not even have a good forward growth. U had consultation for bimax, and the told u don’t need it right?
Genio + gonion implant is prolly the best option if u won’t/can’t do bimax @russiancel

Last edited:
  • +1
Ok your a occlusion is fine. Youre not really much recessed but not even have a good forward growth. U had consultation for bimax, and the told u don’t need it right?
Genio + gonion implant is prolly the best option if u won’t/can’t do bimax
Pls pm your implants pics I want to ask the same thing to ramieri

Your chin looks ok, but u clearly have a 2nd class bite, is your occlusion good? U had braces? If not, i don’t think braces can change much. Also do you have a ct scan?
No, i have a deep bite.
Never had braces.
No ct scan rn.. i did with an ortho (for other reasons) but the motherfucker didn't give to me, i'm going to another one rn

View attachment 1598936
it looks so fake though, is it because of the swelling?

it looks so fake though, is it because of the swelling?
45C40910 1EF0 499F 97BB B8481797A7E9
8F839ADF 5750 44EC 9991 018BF162506E
12716D37 BFC0 492A BDA3 C79BFC2D3EB3

I’m still swollen yes, i don’t think looks fake anyway. A part the masseter issue. I’ve even try to not overdoing it to not end up with uncanny looks

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: wateriswet, valhalar, needjawsurgery and 6 others
Don't worry about the masseter muscle too much it can easily be detached and replaced in a proper way

• Woah
Reactions: Pumanator
is this true bimax can make midface longer?
No doesn’t change it, i also have long midface. Maybe can appear a little better but the ratio is the same

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
  • +1
Reactions: Pumanator, Deleted member 2729 and TheLordMadness

I will post my rhinoplasty + implants results soon maybe, i’m still swollen so makes no sense for now

In general my experience has been positive, the mere fact of being able to take pictures without throwing up or being able to have a normal social life, as well as being able to have good quality foids and ons that I could not even imagine before, literally changed my life and i will never regret my choises.

But I learned that there are also downsides.
I do not want to discourage you from surgery maxxing, mine are reflections and ideas that can help you face all oh this with the right mentality.

First of all, it must be recognized that surgery does not work as most people think on this forum. All surgeries never go like expectations, 99%of the times u are going to face some kind of botches, unexpected things or be unsatisfied, not to mention the risks that there are (as well as health such as infections, loss of sensitivity, etc .. also aesthetic so not being satisfied or even worsening with an uncanny look) also there are many limits in how you can change your face.
Surgeries must be treated as an investment, so you have to do it by minimizing the risks, how to do it?

-Only fix objective failoes and in a realistic way. I mean you’re objectively recessed? Ok do a Bimax + genio, but if you have a normal fg you will probably have more risks than benefits with bimax. Do you have normal eye area? Doing 5 surgeries to try to have O’Pry eye area is a bad idea (first of all you will never get it) and also is a bad risk/return ratio (rember to face surgeries ad an investment)

-Consider only realistic surgery, not even 0.0001% of people in here will ever do realistically (LeFort3, OBO, LL or other extreme surgies like that) so stick with realistic surgery for you and also with idea of realistic results (surgery can change your individual features but things like craniofacial ratio, midface, and harmony in general cannot be changed at all)

-Do some realistic morphs with photoshops (not morphs in chad as you often see here) look at them months later and understand if that change actually make yourself better or not

-Study and inform as much as you can about the chosen procedures (especially the risks and things that can go wrong and how to avoid them), we have an entire forum based on this so so do your reserch

-Look for surgeons specialized in selected surgeries, never go to unknown and cheap surgeons, the best surgeons are usually the ones you hear about on psl forums

-Give clear guidelines to the surgeon and discuss with him clearly what you want to achieve, also plan the operation in a smart and realistic way (especially if you do bimax and implants)

-Doing too much is not always the right choice (doing a 1.5cm genioplasty might be fine in some cases but many would end up having a ridiculous chin, or doing 1cm zygomatic implant would end up giving uncanny look to practically anyone), you should always prefer a natural look even if less striking more than overdoing and end up looking uncanny/fake like this guy:
View attachment 1592717

Despite all these precautions, it is likely to run into some failo botch or unexpected things (just like it happened to me) and the more surgery you do the higher the risk

For example in my first surgery (bimax + genio) I had complications with the mini chin wing that left steps on my jaw and it is also the reason that I convinced myself to put implants to the gonions (I was still satisfied with the result of bimax but that thingh annoyed me a lot), here some ct scan to let you know what i’m talking about:
View attachment 1592721
View attachment 1592719

In the second surgery I had the problem that masseters do not completely cover the gonion implant (which happens often) but still left me quite frustrated. (Also still satisfied in general and is minor thing almost invisible but frustrated me, and i think i will never fix this)

Another thing to keep in mind is the mentality. Each of us has a starting point, there are those who have surgical potential and some less but in any case no one will become jordan barret thanks to surgery, if you approach surgery thinking of becoming chad you will end up crazy, depressed, poor and botched. Fix objective failos and try to live life in the meantime, years and time passes as you take this way, also because most of the surgery requires long recovery times (months if not years), but in the meantime try not to stop social life, studies etc .. life is now, do not wait to start living when you have done all the surgergies, this thougt will damage you mentally and make you a failure without friends and social life.
what medications did they give u

No doesn’t change it, i also have long midface. Maybe can appear a little better but the ratio is the same
i have 1.75 FWHR and 0.9 midface ratio, and about 1.1 bizygo to bigonial ratio :forcedsmile:

what medications did they give u
I had an infection on the right masseter, antibiotics for 3 weeks, Dalacin + ciproxin. Also some cremes for scar, pain killers, cortisone and other stuff

I had an infection on the right masseter, antibiotics for 3 weeks, Dalacin + ciproxin. Also some cremes for scar, pain killers, cortisone and other stuff
hows ur liver doing

also pain meds oxys or just ibeprofin

Same bro… :feelswhy:
this + 5'8 + skinny fat genes = OOOOOOOOOOOOOO VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

genio and other shit like implants are cope. Reincarnationmaxxing is the only fcking way.

Inb4 eye area is cope when you have my face proportions + gigamanlet

Attachments

• a6PkpJ8 - Imgur.png
    a6PkpJ8 - Imgur.png
    349.9 KB · Views: 0
this + 5'8 + skinny fat genes = OOOOOOOOOOOOOO VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

genio and other shit like implants are cope. Reincarnationmaxxing is the only fcking way.

Inb4 eye area is cope when you have my face proportions + gigamanlet
Fhwr and chin are the only thing you can try to fix with jaw implants and genio. Other than that yes it’s over

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry
Fhwr and chin are the only thing you can try to fix with jaw implants and genio. Other than that yes it’s over
how can I fix fwhr with jaw implant if fwhr is mostly created by your zygo bones?