The importance of leanness

Carnivore

Carnivore

Mistral
Unless your bones are completely ogre tier, any drop in body fat at any leanness can make a huge difference, especially if you carry more fat on your face.

A good example I found today while browsing /r/progresspics/:

63b5gfdyq4w21.png

As you can see, the guy was already leaner than 99% of the population, but dropping a tiny bit of extra weight made a huge difference. Most people would have thought it was over if they looked like that his starting point. From bloated Asian to Chang, only 10lbs difference.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: middayshowers, StressShady, LowTierNormie and 19 others
Threads like these are lifefuel

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: SteveRogers, StressShady, Heirio and 8 others
It's important yes.

Ground-breaking new discoveries LIVE in real time!!! (2nd edition)

• JFL
Reactions: SteveRogers
It's important yes.

Ground-breaking new discoveries LIVE in real time!!! (2nd edition)
Well. People think that all that is required is to see their abs, which is often not enough.

Well. People think that all that is required is to see their abs, which is often not enough.
Actual 10-12% DEXA scan + calippers is enough. Reading is less likely to be inaccurate from both of them.

look at your eye area, if you have dark circles or weak under eye support then becoming lean won't help you as it is a sign of weak bones, weak bones and being skinny = ultimate over

• +1
Reactions: Solidcoin
Leanmaxxing is absolutely critical.

• +1
Reactions: Einon and x30001
look at your eye area, if you have dark circles or weak under eye support then becoming lean won't help you as it is a sign of weak bones, weak bones and being skinny = ultimate over
It can be sorted in most cases with lots of vitamin E, jojoba oil and some tazorac.

• +1
Reactions: samm735
Actual 10-12% DEXA scan + calippers is enough. Reading is less likely to be inaccurate from both of them.
DEXA is good. The worst test has to be bioelectric impedance, extremely inaccurate. I had one of those tests at my gym and it told me I am 7% body fat, which I am obviously not.

• JFL
Reactions: x30001
thats the reason why gymceiling is important. You need to be (very) lean to look your best on your face but if you have no muscle mass whatsoever, you will look like a girl. Face is 75% but body (height + masculinity (big neck, muscles, frame etc.) is still 25%. Chads are naturally fit people. Its clear if you have rotten in your basement for 15 years that you will look overall shittier than someone who has done sports his entire life. Of course you have to work 10 times harder.

• +1
Reactions: Looksmaxer-van-NL, FatmanO, Bennett and 4 others
thats the reason why gymceiling is important. You need to be (very) lean to look your best on your face but if you have no muscle mass whatsoever, you will look like a girl. Face is 75% but body (height + masculinity (big neck, muscles, frame etc.) is still 25%. Chads are naturally fit people. Its clear if you have rotten in your basement for 15 years that you will look overall shittier than someone who has done sports his entire life. Of course you have to work 10 times harder.
Is it possible to build a girthy neck while on a defecit. A lean physique, not necessarily big, looks aesthetic as fuck with a thick neck.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and samm735
Is it possible to build a girthy neck while on a defecit. A lean physique, not necessarily big, looks aesthetic as fuck with a thick neck.
Big neck is dependent on genetics, but you can achieve hypertrophy of the neck muscles which will make your neck bigger. To build them, I assume that its like every other muscle in the body. Progressive overload + caloric surplus. So my advice would be, go to low bf of 10%, start a lean bulk with 300 kcal surplus and get stronger at every big compound movement + your neck exercises. After you achieved you wanted muscle mass, lean down again while retaining the muscles ---> big(ger) muscles on a lean body

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1680
Cheers man @gaymidget

• +1
Reactions: gaymidget
Ikr but what lbs was he

not every lean person is a chad, but all chads are lean

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and Deleted member 656
Someone ought to morph the top models to high teen body fat and see how they'd look
its legit an unquestionable requirement. both masc ogre chads and prettyboys need to be low bodyfat to be chad. theres some ultramegachad exceptions, who maybe remain "chad" at higher bf, but doesnt apply to most. anyone that isnt actively trying to be lower body fat (unless within the 10%ish range already) is just not actively looksmaxing. low bodyfat is unironically = everything

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
I just finish my cut dropped (13 pounds previously skinny-fat). I would go even more but I'm really skinny and I need some arms, shoulders and neck gains.

this.

on february i was lean (cuz i stopped eating due depression), but still not good looking. Now i'm becoming fat,, and still shit.. but no problem, i'll lose weight again.

• +1
Lifefuel for me. Or maybe just cope.

When/if I manage to get down to a low body fat in combination with my facial hair (I look even worse without it), we will see which one.

I am skinny fat at low bodyweight. I just want to roid and lose fat after I have build a decent physique, but potential hairloss is keeping me back from doing it. Being skinnyfat is just disgusting and destroying your mental sat

• +1
God these threads are such insane life fuel man, thank you. I'm at like 20% bf rn and can slightly see my bones and that guy on the left is way more lean than I am.

• +1
Reactions: FMLplus and Deleted member 656
I have dark circles/weak under eye support and my cheekbones and jaw are very prominent

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers