Walking 3 month after LL?

SOS-Sonic

SOS-Sonic

Diamond
@CosmicMaxxer What do you think of Dr.DongHoon Lee? His results on Youtube seem legit, but idk how its possible to even stand up 3 month after LL.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
Long term it isn’t worth it. Just read reports of people that underwent LL and how they’re doing 10 years later.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, Baldingman1998, Preoximerianas and 3 others
Using Stryde, which allows weight-bearing, and was recalled.
I've heard Donghoon has some horror stories on the korean forum that were deleted/banned. I guess he's better than the average Indian LL doc.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic and Deleted member 16424
Long term it isn’t worth it. Just read reports of people that underwent LL and how they’re doing 10 years later.
Nearly everyone on the LL forum who did it is satisfied. I only know 2 people with 10+ year progress reports and both are completely normal.

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998, Gaia262, CristianT and 5 others
People say this yet never link to any specific case

• +1
Reactions: klamus, Deleted member 16424, SOS-Sonic and 1 other person
Looks like that guy in the video is still walking tenderly. I have seen numerous of these "look at me walk/run after LL" and none of them look good.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
People say this yet never link to any specific case
Go on the LL forum and search for a guy called a Long Drink of Water or something like that. He’s a mod there.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
I haven't see many 10+ year reports, most report are under 5 years. But there definitely are consequences.

Using Stryde, which allows weight-bearing, and was recalled.
I've heard Donghoon has some horror stories on the korean forum that were deleted/banned. I guess he's better than the average Indian LL doc.
As an experienced looksmaxer, would you trust him to do one on you? (Prior to your 2 LLs of course)

Go on the LL forum and search for a guy called a Long Drink of Water or something like that. He’s a mod there.
This guy is actually planning to do it again

• Woah
Looks like someone who wants to pee walking

Looks like that guy in the video is still walking tenderly. I have seen numerous of these "look at me walk/run after LL" and none of them look good.
Nobody walks normally at 3 months after LL. How about 1.5 years? They'll look pretty dang unnoticeable.

As an experienced looksmaxer, would you trust him to do one on you? (Prior to your 2 LLs of course)
If I were on a budget and not aiming for a high length, I suppose so.

• +1
Nobody walks normally at 3 months after LL. How about 1.5 years? They'll look pretty dang unnoticeable.

If I were on a budget and not aiming for a high length, I suppose so.
did you walk with a cane for 2 years time after the two LL lmao

did you walk with a cane for 2 years time after the two LL lmao
no, Can walk at 6-7 months after 3 inches on each. But its 1.5 years to be unnoticeable in your walking if you're tight/lazy. Otherwise 1 year and no one will notice any gait abnormality.

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: randomvanish and AlwaysHaveQuestions
no, Can walk at 6-7 months after 3 inches on each. But its 1.5 years to be unnoticeable in your walking if your tight/lazy. Otherwise 1 year and no one will notice any gait abnormality.
bruh you did 3 inch on tibia? u need atl? and most of all, why so much?

bruh you did 3 inch on tibia? u need atl? and most of all, why so much?
Don't need atl, didn't even get gastroc-recession, just need to keep stretching. My heels are almost touching the ground (still have a bit of ballerina). I wanted to get close to 6'2.

• Love it
Reactions: SOS-Sonic and AlwaysHaveQuestions
Quote from: Tall on December 08, 2013, 05:07:05 AM
Hey MDOW. I had a few more questions about your LL experience that I felt like stopping by and asking. I think I'll ask them now, before I accumulate too many in my mind
:D
:

1. You mentioned that your legs now get more sore after long walks. Does this new soreness usually begin to occur during the walking or strictly afterwards?

2. Despite the soreness, are you still able to walk (and run) as quickly as you could pre-LL if you put forth enough effort? If so, can you maintain your pre-LL speeds for the same duration of time as you could pre-op?

3. How cautious must you be with your legs post-LL and recovery? Are there activities that you know you need to stay away from on account of having undergone LL?

4. Have you developed any psychological barriers that make you afraid of any activities, say running, jumping, skiing, etc? I know that personally, after once sustaining an upper body injury as a kid, whilst skateboarding, I have had a weird psychological block that prevents me from being comfortable or relaxed on a skateboard, even though I fully recovered from my injury and am, physically speaking, perfectly capable of using one again.

5. You mentioned that you do yoga. How was your balance affected by LL?

6. How long did you keep your IM nails in your legs for? How limiting were they to your day to day life? How did you explain to people that you couldn't run or take part in activities that were unsafe to do with the IM nail?

7. Are you still on familiar terms any people at all who knew you prior to LL, and somehow didn't find out about your surgery? If so, do they notice your new height? Do you tell them the truth of use a cover-up story? If its the latter, what is it?

8. Can you elaborate on the nature of your loss of agility (mentioned on page 1) and how it has (or hasn't) affected you?

Thanks so much for your answers. You are such an asset to this site and write very well. I hope you’re having an awesome weekend! Nice profile avatar BTW.

1. It begins during the walks but goes away pretty quickly, actually.

2. I'm able to walk as quickly as I could before as long as I take more steps. My stride was actually shortened because of the tibia lengthening. Femur lengthening will make your strides longer. It's all about the ratios. Running isn't affected since the stride is different. I can still run quite fast at top speed, but I'm not sure if it's faster or slower as I could before. I've never timed myself or figured out the MPH I could run either before or after surgery.

3. I don't need to be cautious about any activities. The bones are strong and I don't worry about breaking them any more than I would have before LL.

4. I'm not sure if this was psychological or if there really was a physical component, but for 5 years after surgery I couldn't stand to have a blanket on my feet at night. The weight of it on my feet bothered me so much. I bought a blanket support like they had at the hospital and only recently stopped using it.

5. Balance got quite a bit worse with the longer legs. Getting taller without getting wider at the base, that's to be expected. The Warrior 3 pose is especially difficult since you're balancing on one leg while holding up the other one.

6. The IM nails were in my legs for 13 months after frame removal. They weren't limiting. I did weightlifting during the consolidation phase and even used a leg press machine with them in. It took about a year for the bone to fully consolidate. I often didn't notice them, and even ran a couple of times with them in. I never ran marathons or anything like that in the first place, so having to tell people I couldn't do something because of the IM nails never came up.

7. Yes! There were a few people whose ears weren't reached by my mother's big mouth about the surgery. They noticed I was taller and believed me when I told them I grew. The younger you do the surgery the better, since that'll be a believable explanation.

8. The loss of agility is really about having longer legs without the bigger muscles that would usually go with legs this long. I just can't move them around as quickly as I used to be able to. My kicks are especially slow and laborious.

Haha thanks for all the kind words. I'm glad to help out potential LLers with all the info I know, so keep the questions coming if you have them. That's not just directed toward Tall by the way, it's for everyone here.
:)

ip.gif
Gained 3 inches on tibias (LON) in 2007 at the Beijing Institute of External Skeletal Fixation Technology with Dr. Hetao Xia.

I only reply to very personal or moderation-related PMs. If you have LL questions please ask them in this topic: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68335

• +1
Reactions: Aesthetica, klamus and Real
I'll believe it when I see it, and still not 100% then. I would still be suspicious about long term consequences.

• +1
Read where? May we have those sources?

• +1
@CosmicMaxxer What do you think of Dr.DongHoon Lee? His results on Youtube seem legit, but idk how its possible to even stand up 3 month after LL.

how bad will it be when they reach 60s/70s jfl

Don't need atl, didn't even get gastroc-recession, just need to keep stretching. My heels are almost touching the ground (still have a bit of ballerina). I wanted to get close to 6'2.
what is no go zone for femur lengthening? i mean the proportion of femur/tibia must be 0.8 for perfect proportion i guess but when is too much for femur for biomechanics?