Chewing Megathread

can i get hollow cheeks if i do chew with first molar to first promolar @retard

i have hollow cheeks of my left side but have not other side. so i want to hollow cheeks for other side.

thoughts ?

Since John Mew is likely right in saying that the tongue doesn't cause forward growth, it should be helpful to first try to get jaw posture down with a fully relaxed tongue. and only then focus on the tongue. Asymmetric jaw posture produces asymmetric tongue posture because jaw is the foundation for the tongue, so how well the jaw is centered under the cranium will determine how symmetrically the tongue will exert force.

The teeth should be in firm contact and the load somewhat evently distributed across them. From this position, you should gently chin tuck so that your maxillary arch is pushed against your mandibular arch, while simultaneously using the mandible to push to the opposite direction as if through the maxillary arch. Done right, an upward & forward force vector against the maxillary teeth is produced, which should begin to push the alveolar process forward like happens with AGGA, only without causing the dysfunctionality the appliance does (because it's the actual intended way of triggering the mechanism).

Practicing this jaw posture while exercising may have a very stabilizing effect to your whole spine. You may come to understand how the hips and the jaws balance each other.
but how do we get our jaws in this position then? Especially with a narrow palate, overerupted incisors, class 2?

If I try to get my incisors to have contact, the rest of my posterior teeth would fail to stay in contact+my maxillary incisors are overly proclined.

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin
I tried incisor chewing for half a year nothing changed, if anything my overbite worsened

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: ungewist, Usum and Bobelbrah
I tried incisor chewing for half a year nothing changed, if anything my overbite worsened

Are there any studies beside the one in the thread to support this? I've seen this study, but I would like to see more. There was another study in particular that I can't find that has to do with bizygomatic width and chin height as well, but after googling I just can't find it.

Are there any examples of this working on ppl or is this unproven?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
Recently there has been a lot of talk about incisor chewing, and prior to that k9 chewing, all of these serve separate purposes for the changes you are trying to achieve.

Chewing imo is the most underrated looksmax for how easy it is, it is very likely that you can remodel your bones in a relatively short period of time if you chew strenuously, the same mewers who will torture themselves for months on end getting the back third of the tongue up are ironically the same ones who pass up this giga easy looksmax. Chewing has the potential to remodel bone very fast due to the absurd amount of forces

The jaw elevator muscles develop the main forces used in mastication. The force generated during routine mastication of food such as carrots or meat is about 70 to 150 newtons (16 to 34 lbf). The maximum masticatory force in some people may reach up to 500 to 700 newtons (110 to 160 lbf). Being we are aspies and can chew 5+ pieces of hard ass falim, and build up the strength of our masseters from constant chewing, it is not unreasonable to expect to be able to exert 350+ Newtons of force per mastication.

To compare how significant this is maxilla protraction is generally done with 10 Newtons, and the tongue can exert around 5 while hard mewing, so it is safe to say that chewing is 60x more force than your tongue, making it an extremely potent change for actual bone change, many people when thinking of chewing only look at it as a way to build masseters, but this is simply a bonus.

Daily spurts of cyclic load caused sutural strain throughout the skull. The regime likely enhances suture growth and may be therapeutically useful. -https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6361671/

This means that sutural growth is possible from forces that only take place for few minutes a day, and sutural growth is essentially what you need to make change in bone, past age 12 the sutures begin mature (and while they dont fuse til very late in life, they become very hard to stimulate growth from), chewing opens up an opportunity with the insanely high forces as a gateway to awaken these dormant sutures.

While that should of provided some helpful background info on chewing, this is part of the thread that will help you actually change your bone, based on your method(s) of chewing, you can get any of the following assuming you follow the proper protocal:

Decreased midface length (or increase if your midface is overly compact)

Increasing orbitals more compact

Making cheekbones higherset

Increasing forward growth (maximizing really)

Can make your sutures more responsive to generating new growth

Remodels the jawbone itsself to be more robust

There is also the possibility of increasing the length of your maxilla laterally from some of @SayNoToRotting 's reported changing and some studies also talk about the association of masseter muscles and maxillary transverse width, but this might not be possible past the age where the midpalatal suture becomes dormant, as I do not think chewing directly will interfere with this suture, and that is the main hindering factor for transverse expansion (hence you get MSE to split this suture to allow for growth)

Since many of you retards suffer from the extreme disability of reading a thread past 100 words, i will list what you need to do for what changes, but if you are interested i will explain the mechanisms later on.

Decreasing midface length- chew with the incisors

Increasing midface length- chew with back molars

Making cheekbones higherset- chew with first molar to first premolar

Making orbitals more compact- chew with first molar to first premolar and incisors

Maximizing forward growth- chew with the incisors

Weakening sutures for moving the maxilla forward (will give much quicker mewing/facepulling results)- chew with incisors

Remodelling mandible to be more robust- any chewing method will give this change

You can combine methods as long as they dont contradict each other, incisor chewing vs back molar chewing, personally i will be chewing falim for one hour on incisors and one hour on my molar-premolar for an hour as well.

Mechanisms: Chewing on your incisors will apply an upward force to the anterior part of the maxilla inducing a CCW rotation, while inversely molar chewing will cause a CW maxilla rotation, CCW rotation will also move the orbitals upwards

The upper/middle part of the maxilla are located relatively at around the center of the maxilla (the center of resistance is here as well), meaning that for a upwards translation of the cheekbones you need to chew with the teeth located in the middle part of the maxilla, as tipping the ends will not influence the center, this is the same mechanism that pertains to the orbitals becoming more compact, as the maxilla translates upward, so do the orbitals and zygos which will lead to highset zygos + more compact orbitals

Since when developing we are lacking the support of the tongue which would cause us to grow vetically instead of forward, we all have a bit of CW rotation built into us, when there is CW rotation it lessens forward growth, by correcting it you will gain forward growth as well, it is similar to gaining height from fixing posture, you aren't actually growing, just maximizing what you have
View attachment 480037
the blackline is your maxilla, both lines have the same amount of pixels, yet when you rotate a heavily clockwise maxilla, just by default you will gain a ton of forward movement. (this was an exaggeration, you arent going to have this level of rotational change)

the mechanism behind the sutures being weakened is too complex to try to explain so

start chewing nibbas
I chew on a thick resistance band, its wide asf and thicj asf

• +1
Has anyone gotten any results from this?

• +1
Anyone got any results from this
@retard
@AscendingHero

Has anyone got results from @Dad_Bod_God guide?????????
@ProAcktiv
@betamanlet

I read the OP but I didn't see any age listed for when this approach is no longer effective. I'm in my 30's. What do the data show for this age bracket regarding bone remodeling?

Last edited:
but how do we get our jaws in this position then? Especially with a narrow palate, overerupted incisors, class 2?

If I try to get my incisors to have contact, the rest of my posterior teeth would fail to stay in contact+my maxillary incisors are overly proclined.
Off topic, but who is the girl in your signature?

It is cope at least for me, had to get braces to fix it

• +1
Correct occlusal forces occur together with correct head posture (= gentlechin tuck). Tongue posture forms as a consequence of these two.

You don't need to keep the incisors in an edge-to-edge contact, touching the sides is enough. An edge-to-edge occlusion will eventually form, but first your alveolar ridge is going to have to develop forward. Just maximize your teeth contact.
Wtf it's supposed to be edge to edge??!!!!!!

• +1
@retard Reviving a great thread here. I want to add a recommendation.

Incisor chewing is stupid. Incisors were meant for biting with extreme force, not repetitive motion to mush food.

Purchase a sports mouthguard and bite down hard on the incisors onto it for CCW maxilla rotation. This combined with interchanging with mastic gum on molars will produce optimal facial development. Mouthguards prevent you from grinding your teeth enamel on a hard surface.

You rarely see NFL players who use mouthguards have recessed maxillas outside of QBs, punters, or kickers. NFL players often have optimal facial development and improved airways, hence why they are professional athletes.

Chewing mastic and biting a mouthguard gave me hunter eyes and decreased my gonial angle from 130 to almost 105. I'm 24 too lol

This thread is literally the solution to everything facial development-wise, but most people aren't intelligent enough to connect the dots.

This is a lengthy first post, but fuck it right?
Purchased a mouthguard. It came. Will be trying this out.

@deadlock @Jerryterry129 @adam_maxxer @zap you guys might be interested.

• +1
Reactions: Usum and Deleted member 15854
@retard Reviving a great thread here. I want to add a recommendation.

Incisor chewing is stupid. Incisors were meant for biting with extreme force, not repetitive motion to mush food.

Purchase a sports mouthguard and bite down hard on the incisors onto it for CCW maxilla rotation. This combined with interchanging with mastic gum on molars will produce optimal facial development. Mouthguards prevent you from grinding your teeth enamel on a hard surface.

You rarely see NFL players who use mouthguards have recessed maxillas outside of QBs, punters, or kickers. NFL players often have optimal facial development and improved airways, hence why they are professional athletes.

Chewing mastic and biting a mouthguard gave me hunter eyes and decreased my gonial angle from 130 to almost 105. I'm 24 too lol

This thread is literally the solution to everything facial development-wise, but most people aren't intelligent enough to connect the dots.

This is a lengthy first post, but fuck it right?
loving your method bro

I bought Jawzrsize two weeks ago and i've been using it when I work out. Right now it's too early for results so in 2 weeks I'll give an update.

I had 3 levels: Easy, Medium, Heavy.

You'll get the best "workout" if you do some type of exercise that isn't cardio while chewing on it.

So for example, I do 10 push-ups. You should be chewing down on the jawzrsize when you do a push-up, so 10 chews. If you want to chew it twice per push-up then that's fine. The more you challenge yourself the more of a workout you will get.

And after each exercise, I would chew on the jawzrsize and bite down and stay in that position for a certain number of seconds. I noticed I get a better workout when doing this part, and even better if you bite it down while tilting your head all the way up, which will activate and burn the fat right under your chin.

The muscles that work are my mandibles on my cheeks, and if I hold it down while tilting my head up, my mandibles, my chin, and the sides of my neck. what you want is the burn you get when you're chewing on it.

If you mastered "Easy," then go to Medium, and to Heavy. Increase your reps with the Heavy and add more time to holding it down. The latter is the toughest part imo, as it challenges you to really bite down and hold that position, but it's a good workout imo.
did you notice change in midface (lengh,wide) you are 37 years old????

• +1
I don’t know what effect it will have on you though. I was 15 and I had literally NO brow ridge and no bone mass there and after 2 weeks of chewing I could feel it
did your lower incisor get overjet(moving forward) !???

• +1
@betamanlet @retard
1) On and off during COVID. We aren't talking years here. 6-9 months. Mouthguard was like 6, gum and mastic for maybe 9? I only took it serious in the last few months tbh

2) No idea, you do get a headache sometimes if you eat too many carbs and continue biting is what I have noticed. Temporalis pops out of your head and your masseters make you look like a lizard trying to scare a predator. Sometimes your ears hurt too? Not sure why.

3) Not noticably - this is a bit different because I have a) a permanent retainer on incisors and b) I had maxilla surgery 5 years ago and I'm not sure what role the titanium or w/e plates hold in occlusion. BIG CONFOUNDING FACTOR.

This article kind of explains it with the clenching example and the monkey experiment.

The author comes to the wrong conclusion despite having the correct facts. Essentially you are shortening your face length by crunching your maxilla between your forehead and lower jaw. Chewing strengthens your temporalis and masseter which impacts the force you can crunch your maxilla with.

In the monkey experiment, the monkeys had their jaws reinforced by muscle and had optimal facial development. When their mouths were open and teeth were not together, they looked submonkey.

When was the last time you heard of a Mewing monkey? A Mewing wolf?

-Eat shit mew cucks. Muscle makes the face and you can tongue my anus.

I'm an idiot - just realizing why the HS football star is the guy every girl wants to bang. It's literally the mouthpiece hahahahahahah
Literally a pacifier for adults that doesn't mess too much with occlusion like a real pacifier.

As a Panthers fan - see Luke Kuechly and Christian McCaffrey.
the server is not working anymore for the study:)

• +1
@betamanlet @retard
1) On and off during COVID. We aren't talking years here. 6-9 months. Mouthguard was like 6, gum and mastic for maybe 9? I only took it serious in the last few months tbh

2) No idea, you do get a headache sometimes if you eat too many carbs and continue biting is what I have noticed. Temporalis pops out of your head and your masseters make you look like a lizard trying to scare a predator. Sometimes your ears hurt too? Not sure why.

3) Not noticably - this is a bit different because I have a) a permanent retainer on incisors and b) I had maxilla surgery 5 years ago and I'm not sure what role the titanium or w/e plates hold in occlusion. BIG CONFOUNDING FACTOR.

This article kind of explains it with the clenching example and the monkey experiment.

The author comes to the wrong conclusion despite having the correct facts. Essentially you are shortening your face length by crunching your maxilla between your forehead and lower jaw. Chewing strengthens your temporalis and masseter which impacts the force you can crunch your maxilla with.

In the monkey experiment, the monkeys had their jaws reinforced by muscle and had optimal facial development. When their mouths were open and teeth were not together, they looked submonkey.

When was the last time you heard of a Mewing monkey? A Mewing wolf?

-Eat shit mew cucks. Muscle makes the face and you can tongue my anus.

I'm an idiot - just realizing why the HS football star is the guy every girl wants to bang. It's literally the mouthpiece hahahahahahah
Literally a pacifier for adults that doesn't mess too much with occlusion like a real pacifier.

As a Panthers fan - see Luke Kuechly and Christian McCaffrey.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-make-long-face-shorter-without-surgery-using-kian-morteza
mirin:y'all:

be cautious, I worry against the mouth guard idea because it’s a constant force while chewing off and on, and tooth movement responds much better to constant forces than non constant ones
so the mouth guard should be too soft

• +1
Yeah I will, I’ll chew too I just wanna know if it’s cope or not
ill stop if any complications arise
what's your conclusion ? i will start too:D

Ive been incisor chewing for a while with falim and i cant tell if my masseters are bloated, i think they are, all i want is masseter hypertrophy/width at the gonial. Any way too achieve this without bloating the rest of my face? @retard
its not bloated its just the master moved forward from backward (y)

what's your conclusion ? i will start too:D
so far cope but u should start because I think it is effective but in minimal way

• Love it
Reactions: meryou
did your lower incisor get overjet(moving forward) !???
Yes actually during chewing but it moved back after an hour

• Love it
so far cope but u should start because I think it is effective but in minimal way
thkx but how long you keep doing it ? it may require somthing else

thkx but how long you keep doing it ? it may require somthing else
Yr I think but I haven’t been consistent so that’s prolly the issue

• +1
The idea behind this makes sense. So now to further question how mechanistically advantageous this concept would be while mewing. For example would jutting the lower mandible forward while mewing aid in bringing the maxilla forward without necessarily having to do this premolar chewing?

• +1
@retard which teeths to chew on for masseter hypertrophy?

The idea behind this makes sense. So now to further question how mechanistically advantageous this concept would be while mewing. For example would jutting the lower mandible forward while mewing aid in bringing the maxilla forward without necessarily having to do this premolar chewing?
Bump

☝🏻

Why this forum so ass.

Anyone have luck with this technique I mentioned?

Recently there has been a lot of talk about incisor chewing, and prior to that k9 chewing, all of these serve separate purposes for the changes you are trying to achieve.

Chewing imo is the most underrated looksmax for how easy it is, it is very likely that you can remodel your bones in a relatively short period of time if you chew strenuously, the same mewers who will torture themselves for months on end getting the back third of the tongue up are ironically the same ones who pass up this giga easy looksmax. Chewing has the potential to remodel bone very fast due to the absurd amount of forces

The jaw elevator muscles develop the main forces used in mastication. The force generated during routine mastication of food such as carrots or meat is about 70 to 150 newtons (16 to 34 lbf). The maximum masticatory force in some people may reach up to 500 to 700 newtons (110 to 160 lbf). Being we are aspies and can chew 5+ pieces of hard ass falim, and build up the strength of our masseters from constant chewing, it is not unreasonable to expect to be able to exert 350+ Newtons of force per mastication.

To compare how significant this is maxilla protraction is generally done with 10 Newtons, and the tongue can exert around 5 while hard mewing, so it is safe to say that chewing is 60x more force than your tongue, making it an extremely potent change for actual bone change, many people when thinking of chewing only look at it as a way to build masseters, but this is simply a bonus.

Daily spurts of cyclic load caused sutural strain throughout the skull. The regime likely enhances suture growth and may be therapeutically useful. -https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6361671/

This means that sutural growth is possible from forces that only take place for few minutes a day, and sutural growth is essentially what you need to make change in bone, past age 12 the sutures begin mature (and while they dont fuse til very late in life, they become very hard to stimulate growth from), chewing opens up an opportunity with the insanely high forces as a gateway to awaken these dormant sutures.

While that should of provided some helpful background info on chewing, this is part of the thread that will help you actually change your bone, based on your method(s) of chewing, you can get any of the following assuming you follow the proper protocal:

There is also the possibility of increasing the length of your maxilla laterally from some of @SayNoToRotting 's reported changing and some studies also talk about the association of masseter muscles and maxillary transverse width, but this might not be possible past the age where the midpalatal suture becomes dormant, as I do not think chewing directly will interfere with this suture, and that is the main hindering factor for transverse expansion (hence you get MSE to split this suture to allow for growth)

Since many of you retards suffer from the extreme disability of reading a thread past 100 words, i will list what you need to do for what changes, but if you are interested i will explain the mechanisms later on.

Making orbitals more compact- chew with first molar to first premolar and incisors

Weakening sutures for moving the maxilla forward (will give much quicker mewing/facepulling results)- chew with incisors

Remodelling mandible to be more robust- any chewing method will give this change

You can combine methods as long as they dont contradict each other, incisor chewing vs back molar chewing, personally i will be chewing falim for one hour on incisors and one hour on my molar-premolar for an hour as well.

Mechanisms: Chewing on your incisors will apply an upward force to the anterior part of the maxilla inducing a CCW rotation, while inversely molar chewing will cause a CW maxilla rotation, CCW rotation will also move the orbitals upwards

The upper/middle part of the maxilla are located relatively at around the center of the maxilla (the center of resistance is here as well), meaning that for a upwards translation of the cheekbones you need to chew with the teeth located in the middle part of the maxilla, as tipping the ends will not influence the center, this is the same mechanism that pertains to the orbitals becoming more compact, as the maxilla translates upward, so do the orbitals and zygos which will lead to highset zygos + more compact orbitals

Since when developing we are lacking the support of the tongue which would cause us to grow vetically instead of forward, we all have a bit of CW rotation built into us, when there is CW rotation it lessens forward growth, by correcting it you will gain forward growth as well, it is similar to gaining height from fixing posture, you aren't actually growing, just maximizing what you have
View attachment 480037
the blackline is your maxilla, both lines have the same amount of pixels, yet when you rotate a heavily clockwise maxilla, just by default you will gain a ton of forward movement. (this was an exaggeration, you arent going to have this level of rotational change)

the mechanism behind the sutures being weakened is too complex to try to explain so

start chewing nibbas
A1 guide.

I am confused on the exact mechanism of how chewing with different parts of the teeth decreases and increases midface length

• +1
Chewing doesn't work after 21 bro just a heads up only surgery

• +1

View attachment 480037

start chewing nibbas
What if my midface is 1:1 though? Will chewing still affect it at 15?

• +1

View attachment 480037

start chewing nibbas
and if i have an overjet?

• +1
how the fuck do you chew with incisors? incisors are not made for chewing, they are made for biting. is everybody gonna just wear their front teeth down because of some autistic thread on the internet?
I would imagine that when we had no knives, we had to use incisors much more to get small bits of food/meat into our mouth, then chew on the molars.
Today, we are all massively missing this first step of using our incisors as we used to.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and 5'7 zoomer
I would imagine that when we had no knives, we had to use incisors much more to get small bits of food/meat into our mouth, then chew on the molars.
Today, we are all massively missing this first step of using our incisors as we used to.
that's not chewing

Unless you want to stop using knives, this is the best alternative.
one thing I've learned. you can never pretend that something is something when it's something else