gymcelling question

HowAmIAlive123

HowAmIAlive123

Kraken
got a question, since u seem to be knowledgable about that stuff, @copingvolcel

what is ur opinion on just working on delts, upper chest, back? i mean those are the most desired muscles, right?
would me only training them give me assymetrys?

Also, im 59kgs at 189 rn, and recently bought some test and deca off the internet, and it arrived today. whats ur opinion on supplementing roids, with me only focusing on those muscles? And since i dont like to diet, would dirtybulking help me?

I plan on 500mg test e e5d, 750mg deca e5d, whats ur thoughts on that?

• JFL
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: zeshama, JosephGoebbels, RoundHouse and 8 others
My BFFs are all back in the same day.

• +1
Reactions: HowAmIAlive123
you're forgetting NECK

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8576 and HowAmIAlive123
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3142 and Deleted member 7651
The Ultimate Guide to Gymmaxxing:

You need to work the entire body, not just a few muscle groups otherwise you will get muscular imbalances which will give you a high risk of injury and make you look weird. However, when you will have reached a higher level, you will be able to focus on the specific muscle groups that you prefer.

The upper chest doesn't count as a muscle group, doing flat bench press with a 1-2 second pause on the chest (powerlifting method) will grow your upper chest as much as the rest of the chest. The best way to train your delts is to do overhead press and get really strong at it. If you get to a 200 lb overhead press, you will have huge shoulders, there is no doubt about that. Isolation movements like lateral raises or front raises don't do much and should never be prioritized over the main compound movements.

The best way to work the back is to do barbell bent-over rows in the beginning (with a straight back to prevent injury), then you can do chin ups or pull ups when you are strong enough to do a lot.

You shouldn't be taking steroids this early because you haven't even gained 80% of your muscular potential, you should at least reach what is known as the advanced level of strength before you even consider taking steroids. Taking steroids will not only make you surpass your natural limit but it will also make you reach your muscular potential for steroids and after that point, you won't be able to make progress and you won't be able to stop injecting or you risk losing all your gains. When you add to that all the negative side effects (that ruin your health) that steroids cause, they really aren't worth the trouble. You can get a really good physique naturally.

You can calculate your lifting level for each lift by entering your stats here: https://strengthlevel.com/

Most people in commercial gyms are not even at the intermediate level on upper body lifts or novice level for lower body lifts even though they have been lifting for years, so they will be impressed if you have advanced numbers because to them, those numbers are impossible, in reality though, they are achievable within 3 years of proper hard training.

The main reasons why most naturals don't have a great physique is because they don't focus on the main compound movements, they don't address their weaknesses later on, they are unable to stay consistent with their training for more than a few months, they never improve their form and they waste their time cutting and bulking.

I never made a lot of progress in the past 4 years because I wasn't consistent for most of the time, I didn't train effectively because I was following bad programs, I was struggling to eat enough and to sleep enough, and most of all, I was impatient and wasted a lot of time bulking and cutting when I really should have just focused on getting stronger.

Gaining 1lb per week is a bad idea for most guys, it is only useful if you are really skinny and underweight, otherwise you are better off aiming for a 0.5 lb per week weight gain, and if you're already at a high body fat (fat face and belly), you need to maintain your weight while gymmaxxing, doing so will make you gain muscle while losing fat, your weight will stay the same but your body will change and you will look differently in the mirror, that is what matters the most.

For your program I recommend that you do this 5 day Upper Lower Program:

Monday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12
Tricep Skullcrushers 3-5x8-12

Tuesday (Lower):

Squat 3-5x6-10
Deadlift 3-5x6-10
Calf Raises 3-5x8-12

Thursday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Friday (Lower):

Squat 3-5x6-10
Deadlift 3-5x6-10
Calf Raises 3-5x8-12

Saturday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

-Overhead press will build your entire shoulders
-Bench Press will build your entire chest
-Barbell rows will build your entire back
-Barbell Curls will build your entire biceps (1/3 of the arm)
-Skullcrushers will build your entire triceps (2/3 of the arm)
-Squats will build your quads (front part of legs) and glutes (butt muscles)
-Deadlifts will build your hamstrings (back part of legs), lower back (prevents injuries), glutes and forearms, they will also improve your grip

PS: If you want to train your neck, do neck curls and neck extensions at the end of the workout to avoid ruining your progress on the other lifts, do 4 sets of 20-25.

So, as you can see, with all those exercises, you can train your entire body. The exercise selection is low because the volume and the frequency are kept high, this allows you to add 5 lbs to your squat and deadlift every workout (10 lbs per week) and 5-10 lbs to your upper body lifts every week (for better progression on upper body lifts, use 1.25 lb microplates, buy them from Amazon).

You will make progress by aiming to do as many reps as possible, so you must pick a weight that allows you to do 6-10 reps for compound movements and 8-12 reps for isolation exercises, if you did 10 reps in the 1st set, your 2nd set might be only 8 reps, and your 3rd set might be 7 reps, then your 4th might be 6 reps, so you should add weight when your last set is 2 reps higher than the lowest number of the rep range, so 8 for 6-10 and 10 for 8-12, by doing this, you will stay in the rep range.

You can customize the program to suit your needs by adding or removing sets depending on your ability to recover, the more sets you are able to do, the better your progress will be because higher volume leads to more gains, higher frequency leads to faster progress which is why you do all the upper body lifts 3 times per week and the lower body lifts 2 times per week. There is an emphasis on the upper body for aesthetics without neglecting the lower body, this is not like Starting Strength or Stronglifts which make you focus on the legs. For women, it would be more beneficial to do the opposite since the lower body is more important for them.

Once you become an intermediate lifter, this program may stop working, if that happens, just split your sets of compound movements with a variation, so if you do 4 sets of bench press usually, do 2 sets of bench press and 2 sets of close grip bench press, doing this will help you get unstuck, and the same logic can be applied to every other lift, the main downside with variations is that you need to learn a new exercise and that can take time, but unfortunately, you can't keep getting stronger without variations or different rep ranges when you reach higher levels because your body will stop adapting to the training stimulus.

If you're wondering how a gym noob like me who can't even bench 135 lbs for reps knows so much about training, it is because I have been researching this topic since 2016 but I have not stayed consistent for all this time, I have put more effort into researching and trying out many different things than I have spent staying on one program for a long period of time and because of that lack of consistency and that lack of patience, I have never gotten past the novice level. Most people (me included) can reach the intermediate level in 1 year or less if they do everything properly, those who have a good coach who is at least as knowledgeable as I am would fit into that category.

To learn proper form, here is what you need to do:

1) Watch some tutorials on youtube
2) Film yourself while doing each lift
3) Go on https://www.reddit.com/r/strength_training and make a reddit account if you don't already have one
4) Make a thread asking for a form check with your video.
5) Do a new thread for each lift with your video and ask for advice. They will give you really good advice to improve, then you can repeat this process until they tell you that you are using perfect form. You can also ask me for a form check if you want, I'd be happy to help.

Here are the best tutorials you can watch for those exercises:

Bench Press:

Barbell Bent-Over Row:

Overhead Press:

Squat:

Deadlift:

Bicep Curls:

Skullcrushers (dumbbell or ez curl bar):

If you have any questions about this huge guide or anything else, just ask.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Michael Myers, Kmscurry and 18 others

You need to work the entire body, not just a few muscle groups otherwise you will get muscular imbalances which will give you a high risk of injury and make you look weird. However, when you will have reached a higher level, you will be able to focus on the specific muscle groups that you prefer.

The upper chest doesn't count as a muscle group, doing flat bench press with a 1-2 second pause on the chest (powerlifting method) will grow your upper chest as much as the rest of the chest. The best way to train your delts is to do overhead press and get really strong at it. If you get to a 200 lb overhead press, you will have huge shoulders, there is no doubt about that. Isolation movements like lateral raises or front raises don't do much and should never be prioritized over the main compound movements.

The best way to work the back is to do barbell bent-over rows in the beginning (with a straight back to prevent injury), then you can do chin ups or pull ups when you are strong enough to do a lot.

You shouldn't be taking steroids this early because you haven't even gained 80% of your muscular potential, you should at least reach what is known as the advanced level of strength before you even consider taking steroids. Taking steroids will not only make you surpass your natural limit but it will also make you reach your muscular potential for steroids and after that point, you won't be able to make progress and you won't be able to stop injecting or you risk losing all your gains. When you add to that all the negative side effects (that ruin your health) that steroids cause, they really aren't worth the trouble. You can get a really good physique naturally.

You can calculate your lifting level for each lift by entering your stats here: https://strengthlevel.com/

Most people in commercial gyms are not even at the intermediate level on upper body lifts or novice level for lower body lifts even though they have been lifting for years, so they will be impressed if you have advanced numbers because to them, those numbers are impossible, in reality though, they are achievable within 3 years of proper hard training.

The main reasons why most naturals don't have a great physique is because they don't focus on the main compound movements, they don't address their weaknesses later on, they are unable to stay consistent with their training for more than a few months, they never improve their form and they waste their time cutting and bulking.

I never made a lot of progress in the past 4 years because I wasn't consistent for most of the time, I didn't train effectively because I was following bad programs, I was struggling to eat enough and to sleep enough, and most of all, I was impatient and wasted a lot of time bulking and cutting when I really should have just focused on getting stronger.

Gaining 1lb per week is a bad idea for most guys, it is only useful if you are really skinny and underweight, otherwise you are better off aiming for a 0.5 lb per week weight gain, and if you're already at a high body fat (fat face and belly), you need to maintain your weight while gymmaxxing, doing so will make you gain muscle while losing fat, your weight will stay the same but your body will change and you will look differently in the mirror, that is what matters the most.

Monday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Tuesday (Lower):

Squat 3-5x6-10
Deadlift 3-5x6-10
Calf Raises 3-5x8-12

Thursday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Friday (Lower):

Squat 3-5x6-10
Deadlift 3-5x6-10
Calf Raises 3-5x8-12

Saturday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

-Deadlifts will build your hamstrings (back part of legs), lower back (prevents injuries), glutes and forearms, they will also improve your grip

PS: If you want to train your neck, do neck curls and neck extensions at the end of the workout to avoid ruining your progress on the other lifts, do 4 sets of 20-25.

So, as you can see, with all those exercises, you can train your entire body. The exercise selection is low because the volume and the frequency are kept high, this allows you to add 5 lbs to your squat and deadlift every workout (10 lbs per week) and 5-10 lbs to your upper body lifts every week (for better progression on upper body lifts, use 1.25 lb microplates, buy them from Amazon).

You will make progress by aiming to do as many reps as possible, so you must pick a weight that allows you to do 6-10 reps for compound movements and 8-12 reps for isolation exercises, if you did 10 reps in the 1st set, your 2nd set might be only 8 reps, and your 3rd set might be 7 reps, then your 4th might be 6 reps, so you should add weight when your last set is 2 reps higher than the lowest number of the rep range, so 8 for 6-10 and 10 for 8-12, by doing this, you will stay in the rep range.

You can customize the program to suit your needs by adding or removing sets depending on your ability to recover, the more sets you are able to do, the better your progress will be because higher volume leads to more gains, higher frequency leads to faster progress which is why you do all the upper body lifts 3 times per week and the lower body lifts 2 times per week. There is an emphasis on the upper body for aesthetics without neglecting the lower body, this is not like Starting Strength or Stronglifts which make you focus on the legs. For women, it would be more beneficial to do the opposite since the lower body is more important for them.

Once you become an intermediate lifter, this program may stop working, if that happens, just split your sets of compound movements with a variation, so if you do 4 sets of bench press usually, do 2 sets of bench press and 2 sets of close grip bench press, doing this will help you get unstuck, and the same logic can be applied to every other lift, the main downside with variations is that you need to learn a new exercise and that can take time, but unfortunately, you can't keep getting stronger without variations or different rep ranges when you reach higher levels because your body will stop adapting to the training stimulus.

If you're wondering how a gym noob like me who can't even bench 135 lbs for reps knows so much about training, it is because I have been researching this topic since 2016 but I have not stayed consistent for all this time, I have put more effort into researching and trying out many different things than I have spent staying on one program for a long period of time and because of that lack of consistency and that lack of patience, I have never gotten past the novice level. Most people (me included) can reach the intermediate level in 1 year or less if they do everything properly, those who have a good coach who is at least as knowledgeable as I am would fit into that category.

3) Go on https://www.reddit.com/r/strength_training and make a reddit account if you don't already have one
5) Do a new thread for each lift with your video and ask for advice. They will give you really good advice to improve, then you can repeat this process until they tell you that you are using perfect form. You can also ask me for a form check if you want, I'd be happy to help.

Bench Press:

Barbell Bent-Over Row:

Overhead Press:

Squat:

Deadlift:

Bicep Curls:

not a single fucking word u abused dog it was all bait u nigga

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: zeshama, nastynas, Deleted member 11758 and 10 others

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: HowAmIAlive123 and Deleted member 110
got a question, since u seem to be knowledgable about that stuff, @copingvolcel

what is ur opinion on just working on delts, upper chest, back? i mean those are the most desired muscles, right?
would me only training them give me assymetrys?

Also, im 59kgs at 189 rn, and recently bought some test and deca off the internet, and it arrived today. whats ur opinion on supplementing roids, with me only focusing on those muscles? And since i dont like to diet, would dirtybulking help me?

I plan on 500mg test e e5d, 750mg deca e5d, whats ur thoughts on that?
damn brocel

mirin deca

i really wann try this obviosuly i cant rn not enough time but mirin motivation

ur gonna want to work shoulders 100% since wide look

and arms and back too

abs come with low bf% do dont worry

and dont train legs

huge cope just cardio max and u will get good legs ngl

• Love it
  • Ugh..
Reactions: HowAmIAlive123 and randomuser2407
  • +1
Reactions: HowAmIAlive123 and Deleted member 6963

Monday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Tuesday (Lower):

Squat 3-5x6-10
Deadlift 3-5x6-10
Calf Raises 3-5x8-12

Thursday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Friday (Lower):

Squat 3-5x6-10
Deadlift 3-5x6-10
Calf Raises 3-5x8-12

Saturday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Bench Press:

Barbell Bent-Over Row:

Overhead Press:

Squat:

Deadlift:

Bicep Curls:

brah I thought the memes about U writing essays were jokes..wtf is this lmao.

• JFL
Reactions: Lolcel, Deleted member 4332, HowAmIAlive123 and 1 other person
brah I thought the memes about U writing essays were jokes..wtf is this lmao.
I had just started my day and had too much energy to let loose, I don't write like that usually though because I now play COD Cold War on PC instead, it's much more fun.

• +1
Happy new year @Lev Peshkov @HowAmIAlive123 @CopingCel @copingvolcel @RichardSpencel

• Love it
Reactions: CopingCel, HowAmIAlive123 and Lev Peshkov
OMG LOIS

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7112, Lolcel, Deleted member 4332 and 3 others
I had just started my day and had too much energy to let loose, I don't write like that usually though because I now play COD Cold War on PC instead, it's much more fun.
autist

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 7112 and Deleted member 6997
dedly srs?
Yeah, of course, I have developed a strategy to get a lot of kills really easily and I have gotten so good at it that it pisses people off when I kill them over and over again and they can't fight back, it's hilarious, way more satisfying than all the time I spent here, I should have started way earlier.

• +1
Yeah, of course, I have developed a strategy to get a lot of kills really easily and I have gotten so good at it that it pisses people off when I kill them over and over again and they can't fight back, it's hilarious, way more satisfying than all the time I spent here, I should have started way earlier.
ded srs?

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 7112, Deleted member 6997 and 2 others
damn brocel

mirin deca

i really wann try this obviosuly i cant rn not enough time but mirin motivation

ur gonna want to work shoulders 100% since wide look

and arms and back too

abs come with low bf% do dont worry

and dont train legs

huge cope just cardio max and u will get good legs ngl
thanks for the reply bro but this question isnt serious at all and those are not my stats^^

Should have more reacts, some solid advice here.

• +1

Monday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Tuesday (Lower):

Squat 3-5x6-10
Deadlift 3-5x6-10
Calf Raises 3-5x8-12

Thursday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Friday (Lower):

Squat 3-5x6-10
Deadlift 3-5x6-10
Calf Raises 3-5x8-12

Saturday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Bench Press:

Barbell Bent-Over Row:

Overhead Press:

Squat:

Deadlift:

Bicep Curls:

you gotta be fucking kidding me...................... HOOW THE FUCK DID YOU ACTUALLY WRITE ALL THIS SHIT????? I THOUGHT IT WAS A COPY PASTA BUT ITS FUCKING NOT....... YOU REALLY WROTE A 10000 WORD ESSAY THAT WILL BE READ BY ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NO ONE. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU????????????????????????????????????????????

@brbbrah you need to eviscerate him to save him man he needs some sense beaten into him

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, RoundHouse, Deleted member 7112 and 3 others
you gotta be fucking kidding me...................... HOOW THE FUCK DID YOU ACTUALLY WRITE ALL THIS SHIT????? I THOUGHT IT WAS A COPY PASTA BUT ITS FUCKING NOT....... YOU REALLY WROTE A 10000 WORD ESSAY THAT WILL BE READ BY ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NO ONE. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU????????????????????????????????????????????

@brbbrah you need to eviscerate him to save him man he needs some sense beaten into him
I got buff as fuck because of this essay bro, wdym?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7112, HowAmIAlive123 and RealLooksmaxxer

Monday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Tuesday (Lower):

Squat 3-5x6-10
Deadlift 3-5x6-10
Calf Raises 3-5x8-12

Thursday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Friday (Lower):

Squat 3-5x6-10
Deadlift 3-5x6-10
Calf Raises 3-5x8-12

Saturday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Bench Press:

Barbell Bent-Over Row:

Overhead Press:

Squat:

Deadlift:

Bicep Curls:

Thoughts on this guide? @volcelfatcel

• JFL
Reactions: volcelfatcel

Monday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Tuesday (Lower):

Squat 3-5x6-10
Deadlift 3-5x6-10
Calf Raises 3-5x8-12

Thursday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Friday (Lower):

Squat 3-5x6-10
Deadlift 3-5x6-10
Calf Raises 3-5x8-12

Saturday (Upper):

Overhead Press 3-5x6-10
Bench Press 3-5x6-10
Barbell Rows 3-5x6-10
Barbell Curl 3-5x8-12

Bench Press:

Barbell Bent-Over Row:

Overhead Press:

Squat:

Deadlift:

Bicep Curls:

What program do you recommend for an intermediate ?
I am not making much gains with that anymore.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7112
I am not making much gains with that anymore.
Back+ biceps:
Back: Deadlift, pull ups rear delt flyes, shrugs, lat pulldown, narrow grip barbell row. Chin ups.
Biceps curl with machine, hammer curls, spider curls.
Chest+ triceps:
Chest: bench press, incline bench press, flyes with cables,
Triceps: skull crushers, triceps pushdowns and dips.
Focus on developing upper chest because lower pecs are usually bigger and look unproportional compared to the upper chest in most people.
Lowerbody + abs
Legs: Squats, romanian dealdlifts, hamstring curls. Lunges.
Abs: crunches with weight, ab wheel roll out, hanging crunches, side crunches with weight and russian twists with weight.

Do 8-12 rep

workout 6 times a week and have 1 rest day(optional)

some might say if you workout 6 times a day with that many exercises you will overwork but it’s bs i noticed that when i “overworked” i gained alot more muscles than just training 2-3 times a week

you will 100% grow if you do this

• Love it
Reactions: Eezz
I am not making much gains with that anymore

Upper Lower with 1-2 exercises per movement pattern for the upper body, and only squats and deadlifts for the lower body.

You have to use variations to prevent the biological law of accomodation, that is how you will make progress as an intermediate.

You also need to focus on high volume, not too much but just enough to make progress, so if you're not making progress on 3 sets of 4-8, try increasing that to 4 or 5 sets, and if that's not working, do a variation, and if that doesn't help, do back-off sets by removing around 10 lbs and doing as many reps as you can for a few sets.

Movement patterns for the upper body are:

Horizontal Push: Bench Press, Close-Grip Bench Press, Dumbbell Bench Press, Incline Bench Press
Horizontal Pull: Bent-Over Row, Pendlay Row, Dumbbell Row
Vertical Push: Overhead Press, Dumbbell Military Press
Vertical Pull: Chin-Ups, Pull-Ups, Lat Pulldowns

And you'll also need accessory lifts. Here are some of the best examples:

Skullcrushers (for the triceps)
Curls (for the biceps)
Neck Curls (for the front of the neck)
Neck Extensions (for the back of the neck)
Neck Side Raises (for the sides of the neck)
Reverse Hyperextensions (for the lower body, do them after squats and deadlifts with bands attached to a power rack)
Calf Raises (for the calves on lower days)
Lateral Raises (for the shoulders)

If you want to train the neck faster, you can do 3x20-25 5-7 days per week, depending on your ability to recover.

So, now you may wonder how to make a program from this, here is a good example that I came up with right now:

Monday (Upper 1):

Bench Press 3x2-5
Bench Press 2x4-8
Weighted Chin-Ups 3-4x4-8
Overhead Press 3-4x6-10
Bent-Over Row 3-4x6-10
Skullcrushers 3x8-12
Curls 3x8-12

Tuesday (Lower 1):

Squats 3-5x4-8
Deadlifts 2-4x4-8
Calf Raises 4x8-12
Reverse Hyperextensions 3x8-12
Neck Curls 3x20-25
Neck Extensions 3x20-25
Neck Side Raises 3x20-25

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday (Upper 1):

Overhead Press 3x2-5
Overhead Press 2x4-8
Weighted Pull-Ups 3-4x4-8
Close-Grip Bench Press 3-4x6-10
Pendlay Rows 3-4x6-10
Skullcrushers 3x8-12
Curls 3x8-12

Friday (Lower 2):

Squats 3-5x4-8
Deadlifts 2-4x4-8
Calf Raises 4x8-12
Neck Curls 3x20-25
Neck Extensions 3x20-25
Neck Side Raises 3x20-25

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Rest

Extra Info:

When I write rep ranges, like 4-8, I mean you take a weight that allows you to do 4-8 reps and then, when you start to reach the end of the rep range, you add weight. You may do 8 reps on your first set but only 7 reps on your second set and 6 reps on your third set but that is enough reps to add weight. Rep ranges allow you to maintain the exact same amount of volume no matter how much you progress by never adding too much weight than what you can handle.

Also, the number of sets that you choose per exercise is completely up to you, it depends on your ability to recover. Some people can handle 5 sets of squats and 5 sets of deadlifts on the same day without having recovery issues, while other people, can only handle 3 sets of squats and 1 set of deadlifts, not everybody is the same. Doing more than what you can handle will NOT make you progress faster, it will just put you at a very high injury risk and it will make you take too many days of rest to recover, which isn't a good thing.

The best way to find out how much volume you can handle per muscle group is to start light and with lower volume and then if you're unable to get stronger in the rep range, you can add sets to the exercise.

If you don't have access to a power rack and bands, then you can do a leg curl or a leg extension instead of the reverse hyperextensions and it will also help. Be careful to not do too many isolation exercises because it may hurt your progress on your main compound movements, which are the ones that will give you the most gains, so always focus on the compound movements.

In my case, I can handle a ton of volume for the upper body but for the lower body, I don't need a lot of volume to stimulate growth, and that mostly comes down to genetics, my legs are much longer than what normal guys have so when I do squats, the range of motion is much longer. That is why you need to adjust the volume of the program based on what your body needs, and you cannot just follow the exact copy of what somebody else uses.

Also, I recommend that you avoid using dumbbells for the most part because they only allow you to progress in 5 lb increments, not 2.5 lbs, so it is much more difficult to make progress on them, especially as an intermediate.

• Love it
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 7112 and Eezz
Upper Lower with 1-2 exercises per movement pattern for the upper body, and only squats and deadlifts for the lower body.

You have to use variations to prevent the biological law of accomodation, that is how you will make progress as an intermediate.

You also need to focus on high volume, not too much but just enough to make progress, so if you're not making progress on 3 sets of 4-8, try increasing that to 4 or 5 sets, and if that's not working, do a variation, and if that doesn't help, do back-off sets by removing around 10 lbs and doing as many reps as you can for a few sets.

Movement patterns for the upper body are:

Horizontal Push: Bench Press, Close-Grip Bench Press, Dumbbell Bench Press, Incline Bench Press
Horizontal Pull: Bent-Over Row, Pendlay Row, Dumbbell Row
Vertical Push: Overhead Press, Dumbbell Military Press
Vertical Pull: Chin-Ups, Pull-Ups, Lat Pulldowns

And you'll also need accessory lifts. Here are some of the best examples:

Skullcrushers (for the triceps)
Curls (for the biceps)
Neck Curls (for the front of the neck)
Neck Extensions (for the back of the neck)
Neck Side Raises (for the sides of the neck)
Reverse Hyperextensions (for the lower body, do them after squats and deadlifts with bands attached to a power rack)
Calf Raises (for the calves on lower days)
Lateral Raises (for the shoulders)

If you want to train the neck faster, you can do 3x20-25 5-7 days per week, depending on your ability to recover.

So, now you may wonder how to make a program from this, here is a good example that I came up with right now:

Monday (Upper 1):

Bench Press 3x2-5
Bench Press 2x4-8
Weighted Chin-Ups 3-4x4-8
Overhead Press 3-4x6-10
Bent-Over Row 3-4x6-10
Skullcrushers 3x8-12
Curls 3x8-12

Tuesday (Lower 1):

Squats 3-5x4-8
Deadlifts 2-4x4-8
Calf Raises 4x8-12
Neck Curls 3x20-25
Neck Extensions 3x20-25
Neck Side Raises 3x20-25

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday (Upper 1):

Overhead Press 3x2-5
Overhead Press 2x4-8
Weighted Pull-Ups 3-4x4-8
Close-Grip Bench Press 3-4x6-10
Pendlay Rows 3-4x6-10
Skullcrushers 3x8-12
Curls 3x8-12

Friday (Lower 2):

Squats 3-5x4-8
Deadlifts 2-4x4-8
Calf Raises 4x8-12
Neck Curls 3x20-25
Neck Extensions 3x20-25
Neck Side Raises 3x20-25

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Rest

Extra Info:

When I write rep ranges, like 4-8, I mean you take a weight that allows you to do 4-8 reps and then, when you start to reach the end of the rep range, you add weight. You may do 8 reps on your first set but only 7 reps on your second set and 6 reps on your third set but that is enough reps to add weight. Rep ranges allow you to maintain the exact same amount of volume no matter how much you progress by never adding too much weight than what you can handle.

Also, the number of sets that you choose per exercise is completely up to you, it depends on your ability to recover. Some people can handle 5 sets of squats and 5 sets of deadlifts on the same day without having recovery issues, while other people, can only handle 3 sets of squats and 1 set of deadlifts, not everybody is the same. Doing more than what you can handle will NOT make you progress faster, it will just put you at a very high injury risk and it will make you take too many days of rest to recover, which isn't a good thing.

The best way to find out how much volume you can handle per muscle group is to start light and with lower volume and then if you're unable to get stronger in the rep range, you can add sets to the exercise.

If you don't have access to a power rack and bands, then you can do a leg curl or a leg extension instead of the reverse hyperextensions and it will also help. Be careful to not do too many isolation exercises because it may hurt your progress on your main compound movements, which are the ones that will give you the most gains, so always focus on the compound movements.

In my case, I can handle a ton of volume for the upper body but for the lower body, I don't need a lot of volume to stimulate growth, and that mostly comes down to genetics, my legs are much longer than what normal guys have so when I do squats, the range of motion is much longer. That is why you need to adjust the volume of the program based on what your body needs, and you cannot just follow the exact copy of what somebody else uses.

Also, I recommend that you avoid using dumbbells for the most part because they only allow you to progress in 5 lb increments, not 2.5 lbs, so it is much more difficult to make progress on them, especially as an intermediate.
Very insightful il give the program a go

• JFL
His program is very shit jfl if you actually follow it. chest and back shouldn’t be done on the same day. Plus it’s 8-12 reps each set 30-50 sec if you want to build muscle and for hypotrophy. Follow my program if you want actual gains and defined back and chest.

Plus you can’t do weighted chin ups and pull ups if you haven’t mastered pull ups yet so start with banded pull ups or no band.

Ngl i forgot to put in shoulder in my program
Here is shoulders
: overhead press, side lateral raises with dumbels, egyptian lateral raises.
The front shoulders are already being worked out during chest and your rear delts on back day(you can add a big more rear delt exercises if you feel like its still lacking)

You should so shoulders on chest+ triceps day

Last edited:
  • JFL
Plus you can’t do weighted chin ups and pull ups if you haven’t mastered pull ups yet so start with banded pull ups or no band.
Actually, you have to start with bodyweight chin ups first.

His program is very shit jfl if you actually follow it. chest and back shouldn’t be done on the same day. Plus it’s 8-12 reps each set 30-50 sec if you want to build muscle and for hypotrophy. Follow my program if you want actual gains and defined back and chest.
There is no perfect rep range.

8-12 reps isn't the only way to do high volume. The only thing that matters is total number of reps as long as you're not doing 1RM only like a powerlifter.

You're truly a dogmatic moron.

There is no perfect program, you just have to properly manage the variables and choose the sets, reps and exercise selection based on what works best for you.

Like I said, the program that I wrote is not cookie cutter, it doesn't work for everyone.

Also, Upper Lowers are a common thing, doing back and chest on the same day isn't a problem as long as volume is managed properly.

You don't need 5 sets of bench press unless 3 sets isn't working for you. Doing more doesn't always equal more results.

There is no perfect rep range.

8-12 reps isn't the only way to do high volume. The only thing that matters is total number of reps as long as you're not doing 1RM only like a powerlifter.

You're truly a dogmatic moron.

There is no perfect program, you just have to properly manage the variables and choose the sets, reps and exercise selection based on what works best for you.

Like I said, the program that I wrote is not cookie cutter, it doesn't work for everyone.

Also, Upper Lowers are a common thing, doing back and chest on the same day isn't a problem as long as volume is managed properly.

You don't need 5 sets of bench press unless 3 sets isn't working for you. Doing more doesn't always equal more results.
Reps don’t matter that’s why i said time under tension should be 30-50 seconds usually the rep range to achive that is 8-12 reps. And no chest and bacl shouldn’t be on the same day better to you split between pull and push aka chest and back days

Last edited:
Actually, you have to start with bodyweight chin ups first.
Most people can’t do enough chin ups to feel in their lats so it’s important to use bands for body and mind connection jfl your advice was shit don’t cry about it it’s not even funny i’m positive most people barely won’t see much of a difference of using your program for a half year.

Last edited:
Nigga your program got no shoulder excercises
But I do agree I thought upper/lower is too much leg workout. I would split upper to 2 days like chest triceps shoulder/ biceps back/legs which is a P/P/L

• JFL
Nigga your program got no shoulder excercises
But I do agree I thought upper/lower is too much leg workout. I would split upper to 2 days like chest triceps shoulder/ biceps back/legs which is a P/P/L
Nigga i made a post about shoulders after that didn’t i

If you follow his program you will have shit arms since he incorporates like 1 biceps and triceps exercises when in reality you need to do like 3 exercises for each of em if you want to have a lean and huge arm

Just work legs as much as upper body theorim!
:soy:
you totally won’t look like a thicc ass female after following it for a year

• JFL

If you follow his program you will have shit arms since he incorporates like 1 biceps and triceps exercises when in reality you need to do like 3 exercises for each of em if you want to have a lean and huge arm

Yeah jfl dont worry am not a retard

• +1
Most people can’t do enough chin ups to feel in their lats so it’s important to use bands for body and mind connection jfl your advice was shit don’t cry about it it’s not even funny i’m positive most people barely won’t see much of a difference of using your program for a half year.
Bands are bad for progressive overload because it is very difficult to know how much progress you made unless you can somehow remember the exact position where you were standing. That is because, let's say you loop a band to a power rack, the farther away you are from the power rack, the more band tension there is, so the more difficult it is to do the exercise. If you just always do it in the same spot or in different spots and always do something different without being able to track your progress, you will obviously fail to make progress.

That is why bands are especially bad for beginners who don't know how band tension works or how to track their progress.

• +1
Reps don’t matter that’s why i said time under tension should be 30-50 seconds usually the rep range to achive that is 8-12 reps. And no chest and bacl shouldn’t be on the same day better to you split between pull and push aka chest and back days
Time under tension literally doesn't matter. Doing 1 rep for 5 extra seconds doesn't count as if you did 1-2 extra reps.

What truly counts is using perfect form, so you can do fast reps or slow reps and you will progress just as fast as long as the reps are done in a controlled fashion with proper form. That means, you can't let your body drop too fast on the squat and you can't start hitching on the deadlift and you can't raise your hips on the bench press or start kipping on the pull up. As long as proper form is maintained throughout the entire movement, the time under tension doesn't matter.

And like I said, the rep range doesn't matter. It is only a myth that higher reps are best for bodybuilding because in reality, it's all a matter of managing the variables. It is impossible to do high frequency on a program where you have high volume and high exercise selection. So you have to pick the right variables based on your needs and your ability to progress.

That means that for a complete beginner who can recover very easily due to lifting very easy weight, they can do squats, overhead press, bench press and chin ups 3 times per week and recover easily, and since they are weak, they can make progress with very little volume.

But the stronger you become, the more volume you will need to progress and so, there comes a point where you are lifting too much weight and for too many sets and repetitions that it becomes impossible to do the main compound movements 3 times per week. That is when it is best to move to a lower frequency program with higher volume and higher exercise selection.

So, beginners shouldn't train like intermediates, and intermediates shouldn't train like advanced people. Everyone should train differently based on their ability to recover, so your cookie cutter approach simply doesn't work.

And, the program that I recommended is actually an intermediate program, which is what he was asking for, and I didn't make it based on my own knowledge but a youtuber who has 10 years of experience training as a natural who is actually really strong and looks like he lifts.
This is the youtuber I am talking about here:

• +1
Bands are bad for progressive overload because it is very difficult to know how much progress you made unless you can somehow remember the exact position where you were standing. That is because, let's say you loop a band to a power rack, the farther away you are from the power rack, the more band tension there is, so the more difficult it is to do the exercise. If you just always do it in the same spot or in different spots and always do something different without being able to track your progress, you will obviously fail to make progress.

That is why bands are especially bad for beginners who don't know how band tension works or how to track their progress.
The placement of the band barely makes any diffrence
Time under tension literally doesn't matter. Doing 1 rep for 5 extra seconds doesn't count as if you did 1-2 extra reps.

What truly counts is using perfect form, so you can do fast reps or slow reps and you will progress just as fast as long as the reps are done in a controlled fashion with proper form. That means, you can't let your body drop too fast on the squat and you can't start hitching on the deadlift and you can't raise your hips on the bench press or start kipping on the pull up. As long as proper form is maintained throughout the entire movement, the time under tension doesn't matter.

And like I said, the rep range doesn't matter. It is only a myth that higher reps are best for bodybuilding because in reality, it's all a matter of managing the variables. It is impossible to do high frequency on a program where you have high volume and high exercise selection. So you have to pick the right variables based on your needs and your ability to progress.

That means that for a complete beginner who can recover very easily due to lifting very easy weight, they can do squats, overhead press, bench press and chin ups 3 times per week and recover easily, and since they are weak, they can make progress with very little volume.

But the stronger you become, the more volume you will need to progress and so, there comes a point where you are lifting too much weight and for too many sets and repetitions that it becomes impossible to do the main compound movements 3 times per week. That is when it is best to move to a lower frequency program with higher volume and higher exercise selection.

So, beginners shouldn't train like intermediates, and intermediates shouldn't train like advanced people. Everyone should train differently based on their ability to recover, so your cookie cutter approach simply doesn't work.

And, the program that I recommended is actually an intermediate program, which is what he was asking for, and I didn't make it based on my own knowledge but a youtuber who has 10 years of experience training as a natural who is actually really strong and looks like he lifts.
This is the youtuber I am talking about here:

i agree with you on this one kind off yes they should train diffrently but time under tension do matter since your trying to make your muscles work under the whole set and really stretch and contract and not just make the muscles work for 1 second and be done i guess its just a matter of a opinion.

Btw @copingvolcel i don’t do pull ups since they barely feel in the lats for me so i know that you need to have good mind to body conection for your body to grow thats why my lats are far behind my other muscles. What exercises do you recommend for rounded shoulders and hunched back and for a unstable neck(its hard do hold it up)

Unless you have good genetics for arms, you will NOT get big biceps from doing curls and you will NOT get big triceps from doing skullcrushers or tricep extensions.

What you don't understand is that for most beginners, 3 sets of 8-12 reps on skullcrushers will be enough to train the triceps to failure, which means that after that point, their triceps will be too tired to lift heavy weights. So doing 10 sets of skullcrushers or more in the same workout is actually junk volume because you're doing extra sets that you do not need.

The only thing that can make your muscles grow as a natural lifter is strength gain. So, the goal is not to do 15 sets of curls and 15 sets of skullcrushers per workout, the goal is to take your curl and skullcrusher from a 20 lb bar to a 170 lb bar for 5-8 reps.

That is what will give you big arms, but you will never get there if you are doing so much volume that your arms are never able to recover.

Also, getting strong at the bench press, the overhead press and the chin up will naturally give you bigger arms.
Skullcrushers and curls will only add a few extra inches. In other words, just from doing compound movements, you can go from 12 to 15 inch arms, and then the isolation exercises will allow you to gain maybe an extra 2 inches on your arms, which means that the compound movements should always be the main focus.

Also, you cannot have big arms if you have a small chest, and small shoulders. Your arms don't grow just through strength gain but they grow mainly due to the caloric surplus, that is because if you add 20 lbs of muscle to your frame, your arms will get bigger even if you never train them directly.

• +1
Btw @copingvolcel i don’t do pull ups since they barely feel in the lats for me so i know that you need to have good mind to body conection for your body to grow thats why my lats are far behind my other muscles. What exercises do you recommend for rounded shoulders and hunched back and for a unstable neck(its hard do hold it up)
It has nothing to do with mind muscle connection.

The only correct explanation for your problem is either that you used bad form OR you are arm dominant, which means that when you do chin ups, your arms do most of the work, and it's the same with the bench press and other big compound lifts involving the upper body.

Most guys are chest dominant, which means that their problem is the opposite, which is where isolation exercises for the arms come into play to fix individual weaknesses.

The best way to fix your neck posture is to strengthen your neck by doing neck curls, neck extensions and neck side raises for 4 sets of 25 reps for 3-5 days per week. And, according to AlphaDestiny, the neck is the fastest growing muscle group and it gets strong really quickly too so you should never neglect it. You don't need a neck harness when starting out, you just need to have access to plates.
Then you lie down on a bench, put a 2.5 lb plate on your forehead and do the exercise.
Neck curls are done lying down on your back and neck extensions are done lying down on your stomach.

Here is a guide to follow for neck training:

As for your shoulders, you can strengthen them by getting strong at the standing overhead press (an exercise that very few people in commercial gyms use even though it is the most effective shoulder exercise):

For your back, I recommend you do chin ups and bent over rows. Chin ups train the lats and bent over rows train the upper back and traps.
So, if you do both, you will have a very strong back. Strong back muscles make it impossible to have bad back posture and it completely removes back pain for the rest of your life.

Also, if your posture is so bad that it prevents you from using proper form on the squat and deadlift. You can do leg curls and leg press instead for the meantime, but once your posture is fixed, start doing squats and deadlifts and that will give you a very impressive lower body to go with your strong upper body.

• +1
It has nothing to do with mind muscle connection.

The only correct explanation for your problem is either that you used bad form OR you are arm dominant, which means that when you do chin ups, your arms do most of the work, and it's the same with the bench press and other big compound lifts involving the upper body.

Most guys are chest dominant, which means that their problem is the opposite, which is where isolation exercises for the arms come into play to fix individual weaknesses.

The best way to fix your neck posture is to strengthen your neck by doing neck curls, neck extensions and neck side raises for 4 sets of 25 reps for 3-5 days per week. And, according to AlphaDestiny, the neck is the fastest growing muscle group and it gets strong really quickly too so you should never neglect it. You don't need a neck harness when starting out, you just need to have access to plates.
Then you lie down on a bench, put a 2.5 lb plate on your forehead and do the exercise.
Neck curls are done lying down on your back and neck extensions are done lying down on your stomach.

Here is a guide to follow for neck training:

As for your shoulders, you can strengthen them by getting strong at the standing overhead press (an exercise that very few people in commercial gyms use even though it is the most effective shoulder exercise):

For your back, I recommend you do chin ups and bent over rows. Chin ups train the lats and bent over rows train the upper back and traps.
So, if you do both, you will have a very strong back. Strong back muscles make it impossible to have bad back posture and it completely removes back pain for the rest of your life.

Also, if your posture is so bad that it prevents you from using proper form on the squat and deadlift. You can do leg curls and leg press instead for the meantime, but once your posture is fixed, start doing squats and deadlifts and that will give you a very impressive lower body to go with your strong upper body.

fucking hell man essays do a TLDR

• JFL
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Deleted member 7112