How to make your own sunscreen (commercial sunscreen contains several endocrine disruptors)

mfs will take fineseride + dutaesteride + topical fin + RU293293 and then say no to sunscreen

why wasnt this in botb?

45% coconut oil, 25% shea butter, 20% zinc oxide, 10% jojoba oil, toss these in a bowl above a pan of hot water to mix them and add whatever floral scent you want to it afterwards (they tend to evaporate if you do it while it's still warm), double check on what scents oils you're using as some such as lavender are also endocrine disruptors, but in the quantity that you're using them for this it's probably not an issue, that tends to be the case if you were to be applying the raw oil to your skin.

basil, clove, citrus, garlic, fennel, lemongrass, oregano, rosemary, and thyme have demonstrated significant antifungal activity against a broad range of fungal human pathogens, so these might be preferable.

for larger batches you basically just add shea butter at 50% the quantity of the amount of coconut oil you used, jojoba oil at 10% of the total quantity you have (this one isn't super important you can get away with just coconut butter and shea butter with zinc) and then add zinc oxide at 20%+ the total volume of what you've got, the zinc is the deciding factor in how much protection it gives, the more you use the higher the factor but it also becomes increasingly hard to apply, at 20% it's probably around 25~ combined with the oils.

don't use micronized zinc, that shit gets into your skin and bloodstream (but it's easier to apply and most commercial sunscreens use this)

you can easily order all of this shit online, a lot of women make their own make up and this is all sold by the same vendors.

by the way even without the herbal scents it still smells pretty nice and all of these products are good for your skin.

I've worn it on a hot summer day at work (35C) and didn't burn.
if you've got leftovers, most of these oils can be used as a moisturizer even during winter.

I ordered 50 bucks worth of raw product to make sunscreen and I've got enough to make like 200 worth of sunscreen.

it has some minor issues like oil separation (you need to shake it a little before applying) that's what a lot of the compounds in commercial mixes are for, to prevent that, and it's a bit annoying to apply on hairy areas i.e your beard, but that's about it.

here's the final product applied:

View attachment 1822732
Is that a picture from traphouse? Fuck is this type of building