How to think correctly (S+++ Guide)

Deleted member 10413

Deleted member 10413

🌸🌼❤️✨👑✨❤️🌼🌸

* Disclaimer *
This guide is the accumulation of me lurking on the art of memory forum for about a week as well as hours and hours of thinking.

Your ability to remember information is based on 2 things
How many senses interact with that information
For example:
If I told you to remember the word apple
Your understanding of it would be very weak

But if I instead:
Gave you an apple
Then you could see the apple, taste it, touch it, smell it. Then it would leave a much deeper impression.

2.How important is this information to you
Useless- (like the stuff you learn in school) this information has no value to you and is thus hard to remember
On the other end of the spectrum is:
Life threatening- This information is crucial to your survival and thus easy to remember​

Memory palace
(already made a guide on this but it's underated asf and hardly
anyone has seen it so guess I have to do this again fuck me)
(https://looksmax.org/threads/memory.298509/)

The memory palace is a system that is designed to give you a deep impression of information
How it works is:
1. Take what you want to remember (lets say the word apples)
2. Place that image in a familiar location in your mind (lets say your childhood home on your kitchen table)
3. Make the image very exaggerated so the apple could be ginormous, rotting, on fire. Just make it something that stands out.
4. Next time you want to recall this just visualize your child hood home go to the kitchen and you should see the image.

The importance of understanding
-When you 100% understand something you gain: informational confidence
This is crucial as it means you have no blind spot on a topic and can be absolute confident in everything you say
-In order to solve high level problems informational confidence is crucial as if you have any blind spots you could easily be missing something and thus cannot be confident in your solution

4 Levels of understanding
1. Intuitive
This is a level were you intuitive feel something but can't put it into words.
Very often you might use a word and have an intuitive feeling that you know what it means but be unable to define it.
This is the first and lowest level.

2. Definition
At this level you understand something well enough that you can define it and put it into words.
If you take a word that you understand at level 1 and look up the definition of it you can easily reach level 2.
This is the level schools expect you to be at and the final level most people will reach.

3. Images
Words inherently limit your understanding. If I told you to understand this:
"Gravitation states that the force of gravity acts between all objects in the universe"
You would have a hard time as the average working memory will only allow you to remember 7 words at one time and this idea is 14 words.
So in order to hold the entire idea in your mind at one time and reach a deeper level of understanding you must use images
(Images will also leave a deeper impression then words and will allow you to recall this idea well into the future)

4. Interactivity
This is were you have reached a level 3 understanding of not only the idea at hand but also all of the topics surrounding it and understand the interaction everything has with each other. (Personally I have never reached this level but am certain that it exist as I have talked to some insanely intelligence people who have seen it)

Thinking in images vs words
People think in 2 different ways. Either through words or images. Lets discuss the pros and cons of both
Words
Pros
???
Cons
-Easily forgotten. Limited by working memory.
(I doubt you can remember the last 4 sentences of words you have thought (unless your a genius in which case fuck me))
-You can barely understand long and complicated ideas because you can only see small pieces of the idea in your mind at any given time

Images
Pros
-Allows you to hold long and complicated ideas into your mind
-Images are much easier to remember as they leave a deeper impression in your mind
Cons
-It might sometimes be hard to think of an image to accurately portray an idea

Aphantasia vs Hyperphantasia

Aphantasia is were you are unable to see any images in your minds eye

Hyperphantasia is were you can see images in your minds eye perfectly to the point of it being indistinguishable from reality
(If your curious about either of these 2 things the art of memory forum have alot of discussion about it)

Improving your ability to see images through your minds eye
First if you don't believe that this is a skill that you can improve I will point you to 2 notable examples of people learning to see images clearly with there mind
1. Chess players learning to play blindfold chess

2. Artists learning to draw from memory

In both of these examples people go from being able to see little to nothing in there mind to being able to see perfect visual images
They achieved this by constantly pushing there mind to see clearer and clearer images over time

Concentration and it's importance
-You can't learn while being passive you must be active and focused
You might have realized that despite typing and driving for tens-hundreds of hours you have hardly improved
That's because again you must be active and focused to learn or improve

How to solve most problems
- 100% understand the problem
- Break down all of the information involved
(I would highly suggest doing this with a flowchart)
(heres a good website(https://www.zenflowchart.com/)
-Identify were the problem lies within the information provided
-Brainstorm solutions which directly targets the problem

Miscellaneous ideas

How to form good opinions
The goal is to build a base internal system to view the world
-Start by figuring out what you believe to be good and evil
-Then try to define happiness
-Then build up and think about the best way to structure society based on how you view happiness as well as good and evil
-Then pick your views (political,social,religious) based on what aligns the closest with how you view the best way to structure society
Most people are given there views and opinions by others but if you pick them based on your own internal system you can understand why you believe everything you do and gain good opinions.

A very simple way this internal system would work is:

Lets say you want everyone to be happy
Then let's say you see people discriminated against for there (political,sexual,racial affiliation)
In your mind this should go against your internal view of how society should be so you should reject this

Code of conduct
This was an idea given to me by one of the most intelligent people I have ever spoken too.
Basically you give yourself a set of rules that you follow. This helps you stay sane, 100% consistent and gives you a set of standards you can appeal too when you aren't sure of what too do.

I can't and shouldn't give you too many examples on how to build your own code of conduct as it is deeply personal but some examples might include:
-Do not bully others
-Do not say unnecessary things
-Be calm at all times

Monkey mind
In mediation there is this idea of a monkey in your mind
When you are idle you might start thinking about random things. This is known as the monkey mind.
The idea is that those idle thoughts your brain gives you are completely useless, aimless, and do nothing productive.
When you mediate for along time (probably between 100-200 hours) you can completely remove this monkey mind and stop thinking aimlessly.

maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Here's some other useful stuff I made:
Prostate Guide
Habit Guide

Memory

Tagging Chill users: @RAITEIII @sytyl @Hozay @DianabolDownie @LondonVillie @TraumatisedOgre @GreenTea @thecel @Alexanderr @loox @Satan

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: mewingmaxxer, soontoaccend, Finalcut123 and 66 others
Before you say "didn't read" and try to farm rep off of me I could care less whether you read it or not. It's your loss if you don't.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • WTF
Reactions: col34d, soontoaccend, ExaltedDrake and 18 others
960FAACC B3FF 4E16 8B80 15051520E6CC

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Fear, Jerzy Bondov and Deleted member 10413
5E877081 DC42 4780 9BFA E95EBBB7473B

• JFL
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Edgar, joeveniro, Deleted member 14264 and 6 others
Before you say "didn't read" and try to farm rep off of me I could care less whether you read it or not. It's your loss if you don't.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Bakin donuts 🍩, ALP, joeveniro and 10 others
Yeah i know about the memory loci , exaggeration and visualization. They help , though I tend to remember things more clearly when on stimulants like modafinil/ritalin. Pure concentration is king.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and Deleted member 10413
I genuinely didn't know about the term monkey mind, but i've definetly had it before.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10413 and thecel
I genuinely didn't know about the term monkey mind, but i've definetly had it before.
Yes most/all people have it

Anyway I have seen this mentioned which is interesting (it's a rough attempt to timeline the benefits of mediation):

100 Hours

• Less stress and anxiety
  • Less fear
  • Fewer feelings of loneliness
  • Increased optimism
  • Increased self-esteem
  • Increased focus
  • Improved immune system and energy
1000 Hours

• Almost superhuman focus compared to coworkers
  • Sense of being driven, aware, intuitive
  • Will have experienced deep, psychedelic states
  • Increased capacity to experience love
  • Reduced need for sleep
  • Increased physical and emotional sensitivity
  • Much sharper in anything that requires intense concentration
  • Significantly higher tolerance for pain
5000 Hours

• Very little attachment to any point of view
  • Much of your ego will dissolve
  • Won’t obsess over emotions, if something comes up you’ll be able to drop it pretty much instantly
  • Deep feelings of peace will pop up unexpectedly and stay for unpredictable amounts of time
  • Much more control over automatic reactions, so things like worries, fears, anger, hatred will not stay around long enough to impact you
  • Boredom won’t occur
  • Monkey mind will not disappear, but will be calm and can be seen with complete clarity

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 14264, Artturih, Deleted member 12165 and 7 others
Kitten Aww GIF
Dog Kitten GIF
Kitten Aww GIF by MOODMAN
Vibing White Cat GIF
Kitten Inspiration GIF

• Love it
Reactions: RAITEIII
Will read later though it seems Like I know most of this from perusing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12002 and Deleted member 10413
OP what do you think of self induced synesthesia

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Growth Plate and Deleted member 10413
OP what do you think of self induced synesthesia
Didn't even know that was possible

I know about savants but I have never heard of giving yourself synesthesia

Weird I will definitely look into it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
Didn't even know that was possible

I know about savants but I have never heard of giving yourself synesthesia

Weird I will definitely look into it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10413
read it all
BOTB contender
The thread is good, one thing that's lacking for better formatting is coloring certain words/parts of the thread, since the average user here has an attention span of 2 seconds, other than that, good job.

• Woah
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: lejend, altfute and Deleted member 10413
Good thread but I didn’t read, i might later

yes i just assumed his thread quality, what are you gonna do about it?

Dn rd sorry there was no tldr

• WTF
Dn read but bumped for effort. If this is copy pasta then kys.

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Albeacho
Give link to the memory forum

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273 and MilfLover69
Yes

ok nice u made that typo in ur reply about meditation aswell so just a heads up (y)

good thread im doing wim hof breathing method and will add normal meditation too

good thread. bump

• Woah
I don't know much about drugs

I view intuition as the lowest level of understanding. I don't think you can get any lower than it. I think most people understand understand the world in a very intuitive manner and they reach level 2 on very few topics.

Intuition-"the ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning."

Computer simulations and videos are very helpful for increasing your understanding of a topic yes I agree.
Because it lets you see the entire topic holistically.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10536
I can personally relate a lot with that Hyperphantasia section ngl.
You're a top quality poster. Good thread. And I'm looking forward to more quality threads from you.
Thanks I normally shitpost but I do still sometimes make good threads

Also hyperphanasia is very rare so its cool that you have it. I have only seen a hand full of people who have it.

I can't help you much because I don't have it but you would definitely have insane potential for memory techniques like the memory palace which require visual memory. I would recommend looking into it.

I can point you in the direction of Nagime who is active on the art of memory forum and has it

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: john2
image streaming

• +1
image streaming
Image streaming is interesting. I have looked into it. It makes alot of weird barely substantiated claims about iq but doing it will almost certainly improve your visual memory.

• +1
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd
Probably a very good thread. I'm gonna drop an anchor here and read it later.

• +1
Image streaming is interesting. I have looked into it. It makes alot of weird barely substantiated claims about iq but doing it will almost certainly improve your visual memory.

"Preliminary analysis of results suggests that students’ analytical skills rose with increasing hours in image streaming, with the largest rates being measured for the lowest initial analytical skills. The corresponding I.Q. gain per hour of practice ranged from a high of +2.3 I.Q. points per hour to a low of -0.9 I.Q. points per hour, with a standard deviation of 0.7."

what sucks is that this study doesnt have a control group

giphy.gif

(Never mind I was confused a lot of my guides are named almost the exact same thing)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kingston
dr

• +1
Reactions: copeistani
Useful already use most if not all of them i can confirm, one more thing i'd add is not only should you list the things you should be doing but also build a list of macro things you should abstain from no matter the situation and how trivial they may seem. Little things that lead you to bigger things you don't like about yourself for example, i know that when im closing the window and locking my bedroom i'm preparing the right envirement to fap.
altho i'm not conscious of it most of the time that's where locking my door always leads so i abstain from ever locking my door.
i brought it into the 'conscious'

good post , make a guide for adhdcels tho

• +1
A guide on how to think, I 'think' I've seen it all now. Nah but like just wtf, how to breathe, sleep, walk what are these threads jfl. Tell me how I've been tying my shoes wrong my entire life next.

Ur so useful pls come to my house and clean/organise it up

• +1
Reactions: lejend
Great fucking thread. It's an organised compilation of the sort of things I was looking for.

• +1
Reactions: Squirtle and Deleted member 10413
nice thread, thank you

sure it is faggot

nigga made a good compilation of information he gathered from surfing the web
high iq thread bro mirin bro !

• JFL
Reactions: gamma

How to ROPE correctly (S+++ Guide)​

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 12669 and Baldingman1998
Monkey mind will not disappear, but will be calm and can be seen with complete clarity
Monkey mind does not exist, your model is wrong

I would've given a rep but I saw the link to the prostate guide and I don't rep faggots, kill yourself

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, Baldingman1998 and gamma
I wish I didn't post dnr memes. Maybe I contributed to him leaving or roping ;(

How to ROPE correctly (S+++ Guide)​

• So Sad
Reactions: gamma