LASIK eye surgery worth it?

middayshowers

middayshowers

My glasses make me look nerdy and meek. I was feeling pretty confident about getting the surgery (haven’t booked the consult yet) until I started reading /r/lasik, which there are sadly a lot of horror stories. I have slight myopia. I’ll list the pros and cons of what I know now

Pros of getting lasik:

* I will never be able to slay if I’m wearing glasses. I’d say it deducts me 0.5 to 1 in psl rating, hence the surgery will increase me by 0.5-1 as I wear glasses in public - this is huge

* It’s a relatively simple and frequently performed surgery. Severe complication is supposedly below 1%

* the cost associated isn’t too much of an issue

Cons of getting lasik:

* I stare my computer for an average of 5-8 hours a day when I’m not in school. Dry eyes is a common side and could happen frequently because of this high screen usage

* I’m 18 - could there be a chance it regresses as I develop and I need glasses again in 5 years?

* how frequently would I need to use eye drops? If the dry eye side never went away and I had to use eye drops daily for the rest of my life that’d be annoying as fuck

* chance of severe sides such as floaters/light sensitivity ruining my life

Tell me what you think boyos

• +1
Reactions: Pillarman
Glasses failo me i have to wait till im 18 until lasik jfl
Just wear contacts

• +1
Reactions: Maximus
would be better to try and fix your vision by other means first.

Yea I got it last August -3 and -4 eyes. Worth 100%

Glasses failo me i have to wait till im 18 until lasik jfl
Just wear contacts
I have tried getting them in on 3 different occasions (each was a year apart) and couldn’t do it. Tried exercises, watched guides and just couldn’t get them in. My blink reflex is too strong or some shit idk
would be better to try and fix your vision by other means first.
Elaborate pls

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I have tried getting them in on 3 different occasions (each was a year apart) and couldn’t do it. Tried exercises, watched guides and just couldn’t get them in. My blink reflex is too strong or some shit idk

Elaborate pls
try things like the bates method or endmyopia.org / losetheglasses.org

LASIK should be your end of the line, scraping the barrel, broken arrow decision if trying to heal your eyesight doesn’t work. As you said, there are many people who have been permanently cucked by lasik and will have fucked up vision till the day they die. I would rather wear glasses...

Yeah I got it but at 26 not something dumb like 18

• +1
i suggest wear contact, lasik is not as 100% safe without complication as the mainstream claim, some doctor has come forward to exposed lasik
but of course if you willing to take the risk go for it

jfl contacts are probably as dangerous as lasik. try correcting your vision naturally first

There is a new laser called Visumax from German company Carl Zeiss. Apparently this new technology is safer. Not cheap though.

It's cheaper to do lasik than to wear contacts
Yeah my eyes are around the same, but honestly I don't plan on getting it. -3.75 and -4.00
Yeah my eyes are around the same, but honestly I don't plan on getting it. -3.75 and -4.00

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers
It's cheaper to do lasik than to wear contacts

LASIK will cost more upfront while contacts will cost more overtime. LASIK can be up to 1,500 - 2,500 per eye while contacts can cost up to 200-300 a year. It’s really up to the person if they want to take the risks with LASIK

LASIK will cost more upfront while contacts will cost more overtime. LASIK can be up to 1,500 - 2,500 per eye while contacts can cost up to 200-300 a year. It’s really up to the person if they want to take the risks with LASIK
Mine are like $500 because of some bifocal shit and they're dailys. But I agree.

Look into SmartSurface. Much safer procedure
But not at 18 wait yill at least 23/24

try things like the bates method or endmyopia.org / losetheglasses.org

LASIK should be your end of the line, scraping the barrel, broken arrow decision if trying to heal your eyesight doesn’t work. As you said, there are many people who have been permanently cucked by lasik and will have fucked up vision till the day they die. I would rather wear glasses...

Holy shit if any one is reading this please do not listen to this fucking retard spreading this pseudoscientific bullshit.

'Try things like the Bates Method bro, a practice that is hilariously criticized for not only NOT working, but also causing permanent damage to your eyes."

Holy fucking shit you and everyone else spreading pseudoscience bullshit like mewing or the Bates Method to desperate people when those practices can have negative health effects or are just plain useless are fucking disgusting.

I get so fucking triggered when I come to this site and see you retards on your high horses about how enlightened you are to lookism or the blackpill/redpill then fall for or spread the most inane bullshit. You're literally so fucking retarded.

Fuck.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 245, joel17 and 3 others
Holy shit if any one is reading this please do not listen to this fucking retard spreading this pseudoscientific bullshit.

'Try things like the Bates Method bro, a practice that is hilariously criticized for not only NOT working, but also causing permanent damage to your eyes."

Holy fucking shit you and everyone else spreading pseudoscience bullshit like mewing or the Bates Method to desperate people when those practices can have negative health effects or are just plain useless are fucking disgusting.

I get so fucking triggered when I come to this site and see you retards on your high horses about how enlightened you are to lookism or the blackpill/redpill then fall for or spread the most inane bullshit. You're literally so fucking retarded.

Fuck.
Thank you for saying this, I looked into Bates method and it seems as pseudoscience as healing crystals are. Endmyopia just seems to be “strain your eyes less and they might get better” while trying to convince you of it with success stories, jfl. I can’t get in contacts and I’m not willing to fly to another country to test some newly discovered experimental eye surgery, so I guess lasik it is

I got LASIK.

100% success, perfect 20/20 vision now. Don't have to use eyedrops past the first 3 months, no dry eyes or any other BS like that.

Don't listen to tards on here who say you can 'correct your vision naturally'. They're also the same people who say you need to swallow half a labs worth of pills a day to 'heightmax'. It's your fucking genetics, you idiots. Get the laser, it's proven to work, unlike all the cope methods posted here.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, middayshowers and Dutcher
I got LASIK.

100% success, perfect 20/20 vision now. Don't have to use eyedrops past the first 3 months, no dry eyes or any other BS like that.

Don't listen to tards on here who say you can 'correct your vision naturally'. They're also the same people who say you need to swallow half a labs worth of pills a day to 'heightmax'. It's your fucking genetics, you idiots. Get the laser, it's proven to work, unlike all the cope methods posted here.

How bad was your vision before you got the surgery?

I got LASIK.

How much was it? I considered it, but I only really need glasses for reading

There are newer less invasive versions of LASIK. Look it up. I think the best laser eye surgery is called SMILE. Check it out boyo.

I did PRK eyes surgery.....the surgery was half successful, I mean I don't use glasses anymore but I can't see 10/10....probably 10/10 with my right eye, and 9/10 with my left eye

I got LASIK.

what age did you get it at?

Fuck.
Stop dropping your roll of fat on your keyboard and screaming like an autist. What negative effects does the Bates method have? Let’s hear it. I merely told the OP to look into those 2 methods, you are completely over exaggerating what I said because you must be mentally retarded or something.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
So I have a question for those of you who have done LASIK. What are the requirements for it? Isn't it something that your vision has to be steady for a period of time spanning years? If not, won't your vision just gradually decrease as times go by? So I changed my glasses after wearing them for 3-4 years. It was like a completely new world. It's insane how much my vision declined those years.

How bad was your vision before you got the surgery?

I could see maybe 5 metres in front of my face clearly, but everything after that was pretty blurry. It got to the point the blurriness was causing me headaches, cos I refused to wear glasses for aesthetic reasons too.

what age did you get it at?

23. I'm 28 now.
How much was it? I considered it, but I only really need glasses for reading

75,000 thai baht, which at the time was 1,500 GBP (more like 2,000 GBP now because of the declining exchange rate since then).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
It’s risky specially if they mess up your eyes are finished

I could see maybe 5 metres in front of my face clearly, but everything after that was pretty blurry. It got to the point the blurriness was causing me headaches, cos I refused to wear glasses for aesthetic reasons too.

As an aside, I’m assuming your against specs. Do you think they’re a definite SMV reducer, I have some round tortoise shell ones I like the look of

My glasses make me look nerdy and meek. I was feeling pretty confident about getting the surgery (haven’t booked the consult yet) until I started reading /r/lasik, which there are sadly a lot of horror stories. I have slight myopia. I’ll list the pros and cons of what I know now

Pros of getting lasik:

* I will never be able to slay if I’m wearing glasses. I’d say it deducts me 0.5 to 1 in psl rating, hence the surgery will increase me by 0.5-1 as I wear glasses in public - this is huge

* It’s a relatively simple and frequently performed surgery. Severe complication is supposedly below 1%

* the cost associated isn’t too much of an issue

Cons of getting lasik:

* I stare my computer for an average of 5-8 hours a day when I’m not in school. Dry eyes is a common side and could happen frequently because of this high screen usage

* I’m 18 - could there be a chance it regresses as I develop and I need glasses again in 5 years?

* how frequently would I need to use eye drops? If the dry eye side never went away and I had to use eye drops daily for the rest of my life that’d be annoying as fuck

* chance of severe sides such as floaters/light sensitivity ruining my life

Tell me what you think boyos
as regards dry eyes caused by Computer usage, you may buy an E ink monitor, at the moment they are very expensive, but in future they will cost much less

Fuck.
Lol at you fucking Schlomo Goldberg Silverstein fucking kike faggot
I got LASIK.

It happens because of staying indoors Asian myopia rates are proof

Last edited:
  • +1
Depends on whether you want to be seen as genetically inferior human for the rest of your life or not.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and jackthenerd
Depends on whether you want to be seen as genetically inferior human for the rest of your life or not.
Yeah it comes down to this in the end, which is why I’ll eventually get it done. My main concern is that I’m too young for it (18) and my eyesight will regress in a few years, I should probably seek a professional opinion on that. If I do have to wait for until I’m 25 though then I’ll be a fucking meek glasses wearing bitch throughout university which would be suifuel

Lol at you fucking Schlomo Goldberg Silverstein fucking kike faggot

It happens because of staying indoors Asian myopia rates are proof

Go back to 8chan retard maybe your fellow school shooters will accept you there.

• JFL
Go back to 8chan retard maybe your fellow school shooters will accept you there.
this you?

• +1
Yeah I guess you are retarded Moishe, there hasn’t been a single school shooter that came out of 8chan, and I’ll bet my right hand that the El Paso shooting was done by mossad; no one who posts on 8chan wouldn’t name the Jew if they’re going to shoot up a location. You’re low IQ and deserve to be banned

• JFL
You got me bro.
Yeah I guess you are retarded Moishe, there hasn’t been a single school shooter that came out of 8chan, and I’ll bet my right hand that the El Paso shooting was done by mossad; no one who posts on 8chan wouldn’t name the Jew if they’re going to shoot up a location. You’re low IQ and deserve to be banned

Yet.