When and how did the blackpill community get discovered by the normies?

Octavian_Augustus

Octavian_Augustus

L'État, c'est moi
I remember lurking on Lookism.net in 2016 and no one knowing about "incels" "mewing" "chads" etc. Now it seems normies know about this shit. I estimate this happening around the 2018 period and the world incel becoming very popular when the Joker movie was released.

I wish this stuff was obscure again.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
TikTok started promoting blackpilled content to normies

• +1
Reactions: futuregigamogger, Deleted member 19766, Deleted member 8771 and 6 others
TikTok started promoting blackpilled content to normies
Ah makes sense. That's why it blew up in 2018 when TikTok was introduced. I've noticed plastic surgery is soaring in popularity and newer generations are becoming much more looks conscious.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 21597
Incels has been a thing since 2014 after they shut down PUAhate (and changed to sluthate, then lookism) because of ER.
we had all kinds of articles and hot takes about it.

Chad became common lingo thanks to 4chan, mainly for the virgin vs chad meme, like late 2010s.

Mewing has been gaining popularity since some years, first reddit then tiktok, now literally every normie knows about it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2413, poopoohead, Octavian_Augustus and 1 other person
People are realizing how prevalent lookism is thanks to social media. U can’t say muh personality anymore. Looks first looks second looks third

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2413, EverythingMattersCel, poopoohead and 1 other person
Incels has been a thing since 2014 after they shut down PUAhate (and changed to sluthate, then lookism) because of ER.
we had all kinds of articles and hot takes about it.

Chad became common lingo thanks to 4chan, mainly for the virgin vs chad meme, like late 2010s.

Mewing has been gaining popularity since some years, first reddit then tiktok, now literally every normie knows about it.
Interesting. I understand this content has been lurking and slowly growing in the corners of the internet for a while but it did noticeably blow up a few years ago. Back in 2018ish there were a bunch of MSM articles about the community as well as an increase in memeage and references in tv shows even. I think TikTok was a game changer as stated by another user.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: khvirgin
legit

even my normie friends and sibling asked me about mewing jfl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22126 and poopoohead
Do normies IRL talk about mewing? JFL another reason to stay inside for years at a time ig

Do normies IRL talk about mewing? JFL another reason to stay inside for years at a time ig
in high school i had a few friends who did. they always said shit like "efficient mewing form" or "jelqing session." they were gymbros so i suspect they learned from lurking /fit/.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19766, makeme183 and Deleted member 18879
I remember watching IncelTV a long time back but it wasn't until Wheat Waffles that I stumbled across the blackpill to then consume my life like a cancer

we should put this forum on private tbh.
also f to all the looksmaxxers who wont be able to profit as much as chads over social media in a blackpilled world

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771