why is this place obsessed with face width, plus how did it happen?

Hightwolf

Hightwolf

HTW#6700
The most good looking people including most of the psl models worshipped here (gandy, opry, chico) etc all have average face width even average midface width. If anything the most common thing seems to be that lower third > middle third > upper third and that's really it.

The most good looking people including most of the psl models worshipped here (gandy, opry, chico) etc all have average face width even average midface width. If anything the most common thing seems to be that lower third > middle third > upper third and that's really it.
as long as its not narrow tbh

• +1
Reactions: Hightwolf
Chico's FWHR: 2
Gandy's FWHR: 2
Opry's FWHR: 2,15
Cope harder

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, Mongrelcel, 5'8manlet and 6 others
Chico's FWHR: 2
Gandy's FWHR: 2
Opry's FWHR: 2,15
Cope harder
I never know which is the correct way to measure fwhr tbh but I do this:

I got
Chico: 1.88
Gandy: 1.78
O'Pry: 2.03

Meanwhile this average composite male:

has a ratio of 1.74.

So it looks like they do have slightly wider faces but it's not that big of a difference. Obviously I specifically mentioned people with longer midfaces not people like Barett for example. But to me it feels like people here put too much emphasis on face width, even when a guy is otherwise good looking.
Also tell me how you measured fwhr ideally with pictures like man so I know. The reason I ask is that some studies do this:

While others do this:

Which would make a huge difference for people with high set eyebrows tbh.

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
I never know which is the correct way to measure fwhr tbh but I do this:
View attachment 917745
View attachment 917749
View attachment 917751
I got
Chico: 1.88
Gandy: 1.78
O'Pry: 2.03

Meanwhile this average composite male:
View attachment 917757
has a ratio of 1.74.

So it looks like they do have slightly wider faces but it's not that big of a difference. Obviously I specifically mentioned people with longer midfaces not people like Barett for example. But to me it feels like people here put too much emphasis on face width, even when a guy is otherwise good looking.
Also tell me how you measured fwhr ideally with pictures like man so I know. The reason I ask is that some studies do this:
View attachment 917765
While others do this:
View attachment 917768
Which would make a huge difference for people with high set eyebrows tbh.
Just under the eyebrows, you also need to find photos where they are looking directly in to the camera and not too close to the camera to minimize camera distortion.

• +1
Reactions: Hightwolf
Just under the eyebrows, you also need to find photos where they are looking directly in to the camera and not too close to the camera to minimize camera distortion.
no camera distortion in any of those pics because they were all taken professionally. The tilt is very very slight in all of them, slight upwards tilt by Chico and slight downward tilt by Gandy. Would make Chico's measured fwhr higher and Gandy's lower but overall I believe it would be a very small difference say plus or minus 0.02

no camera distortion in any of those pics because they were all taken professionally. The tilt is very very slight in all of them, slight upwards tilt by Chico and slight downward tilt by Gandy. Would make Chico's measured fwhr higher and Gandy's lower but overall I believe it would be a very small difference say plus or minus 0.02
Francisco lachowski 2
David Gandy