Your headshape is the real cause of baldness.

@Mirin2234 @JamesHowlett @larsanova69 @Schizoidcel

do you believe this theory?
I’ve seen enough evidence to suggest that this is a major factor in balding.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8019
I’ve seen enough evidence to suggest that this is a major factor in balding.
im glad after all these posts in the last thread and this one, atleast one person believes this.

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
im glad after all these posts in the last thread and this one, atleast one person believes this.
On the first page I saw a lot of people saying this is a good thread, it’s not just me

• +1
On the first page I saw a lot of people saying this is a good thread, it’s not just me
I think most agree that it is an issue with blood flow but im not sure they believe its all down to headshapes. Id say this thread has done pretty well though especially if you compare the first page of this thread to the first page of the old one.

• +1
I previously created a thread like this but it didn't go to well since I rushed the original post and didn't explain my theory properly.

Balding is definitely due to poor blood flow and tension in your galea. And the shape of your face and galea can determine how much blood and oxygen you will get to your hair follicles.

Let me use these men as an example

Look at these bald men, look how oddly shaped their heads are and how some of them have lots of ridges and also very big galeas.
View attachment 750474

Look at this man....his face looks like a thumb
View attachment 750391

Now look at these non balding men

View attachment 750473

Now you may ask "why don't women with poor facial structure bald then?". They have lower dht levels but some do go bald, a lot of them have very thin hair in the temples and they show an outline of a norwood pattern. Look at this woman and her very poorly shaped galea
View attachment 750375
Now look at this woman with a much smoother and a more even galea......her hair is equal density everywhere.
View attachment 750374

So many people on this site also seem to support this theory. @JamesHowlett for example. He is not losing his hair because of his wide compact face and his galea is not expanded like that of a balding man. And also @EasternRightWinger15

You may also say that hair is giving the impression of a good galea on the non balding men. Here are both balding and non balding men who have shaved their head down to the skin.

Look at this balding man's galea, Look how expanded it looks
View attachment 750436 look how expanded his galea is and notice his poor facial structure.

Here is a man with similar facial structure to the man above, but this man does not have an expanded galea and is not balding
View attachment 750483

Look at these men. they are receding, i predict their hairloss will go even further due to their poorly shaped galeas.
View attachment 750437 View attachment 750492

View attachment 750445

This man has a massive forehead but his galea is incredibly smooth
View attachment 750490

these men dont have the smoothest galeas but they have compact square faces. One of them looks expanded because of his extremely low hairline.
View attachment 750438View attachment 750491View attachment 750498

I also predict @Copemaxxing and @Mirin2234 cannot go bald. They are still young. But @Copemaxxing has a small compact face and a decent galea. @Mirin2234 after i saw his thread a couple of weeks ago, I saw that he had an incredibly smooth galea.

I have seen very rare cases where men with good headshapes go bald but interestingly they never lose their hair in a typical norwood pattern, they always thin out but their hairline stays intact because there is no extra pressure in the temples and tension in distributed equally across the scalp. You dont need a completely flat galea to keep your hair as long as it is not expanded.

Please be respectful. If all you can do is insult me please dont say anything. I've presented this in a much more respectful and mature manner this time around.
Hey bro probably basics, new here. But what’s an example of good vs bad galea area?

Hey bro probably basics, new here. But what’s an example of good vs bad galea area?
Just read through the thread. I thin it was on page 2, 3 or 4 where i posted more examples.

Fuck yes. But I always have to upkeep hair in back of head because of this tho.
it looks stupid with a buzzcut. When i had a buzzcut last year it looked weird, a bit like karl urban's but its more noticeable since my hairline is lower than his.

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
I think most agree that it is an issue with blood flow but im not sure they believe its all down to headshapes. Id say this thread has done pretty well though especially if you compare the first page of this thread to the first page of the old one.
Hey bro what about some non natural ridges on forehead from hitting your head

it looks stupid with a buzzcut. When i had a buzzcut last year it looked weird, a bit like karl urban's but its more noticeable since my hairline is lower than his.
Hahahahha i just had a buzzcut and have to do a high fade to keep from looking autistic af 🤣🤣 like my brain melting from the rear

@AsGoodAsItGets @itis123 I’ve been keeping my hair at top-back buzzed to grade 6 and my top-front longer to off-set the back of my head being taller than the front

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8019 and AsGoodAsItGets
On that note, also is tweezing hair in front hairline stupid (cause my hairline isnt symmetrical and too curved on the side arches. Also peak not in cntre which I correct through tweezing. Also shaving looks weird and try hard). As in does it cause a hairloss trigger? The time between growth of these plucked hairs coming back have reduced though I think a bit.

• +1
On that note, also is tweezing hair in front hairline stupid (cause my hairline isnt symmetrical and too curved on the side arches. Also peak not in cntre which I correct through tweezing. Also shaving looks weird and try hard). As in does it cause a hairloss trigger? The time between growth of these plucked hairs coming back have reduced though I think a bit.

I think you should shave it rather than pluck the hairs.

• +1
@AsGoodAsItGets do you believe this theory?

• +1
This makes sense looking at males in my family who are bald and who arent.

Check this galea to test your theory, i will tell you if he has gone bald after you answer

Attachments

• 20201022_223127.jpg
    20201022_223127.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 46
It's all about DHT levels and hair sensitivity to it. I started balding when I was a kid but my DHT levels were all over the roof I had a beard by 13 plus chest hair.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: yukon-cel and Deleted member 8019

People figured it out in 2000 and still no real cure for baldness

View attachment 751348

frontal_occipitalis

The galea aponeurotica is attached to the occipitofrontalis muscles and to the temporalis muscle via the temporalis fascia. With the rise of civilizations, we are assisting to a down-siding of the entire craniofacial structure, with the maxilla that drops down and back. This reduces the eye support, flattens the cheekbones, narrows the nasal airway, lengthens the mid facial third, and lowers the palate, which narrows and create malocclusion [9]. As shown in Figure 5, a vertical growth of the maxilla forces the mandible to swing back. As compensatory mechanism, a retruded mandible causes the head to tilt forward in a forward head posture [10,11]. Also, vertical growth of the maxilla promotes asymmetrical craniofacial development, referred as cranial distorsions (e.g. sidebending) [12].

maxillaForces

If the maxilla grows vertically, the mandible swings back. As a compensatory mechanism, the head is extended in a forward head posture. Abnormal posture, like in the case of forward head posture and cranial distortions, affects muscle length/tension relationships [13]. This usually leads to pain and overuse injury where small focal, degenerative changes in the insertion fibers can occur [14].

The concept of trigger points provides a framework that can be used to help address certain musculoskeletal pain. In particular, they are useful for identifying pain patterns that radiate from these points of local tenderness to broader areas, sometimes distant from the trigger point itself. As Figure 6 suggests, neck muscles’ action propagates through the entire head.

Microsoft Word - #2Physical therapy headaches072212.docx

Referred pains from upper trapezius, sternocleidomastoid, suboccipital, splenius capitis, splenius cervicis, semispinalis capitis,temporalis and masseter muscle trigger points. Indeed, whatever else they may be doing individually, muscles also influence functionally integrated body-wide continuities in the fascial webbing [16]. Since muscles throughout the body are connected via myofascial meridians, their action cannot be seen in isolation. This explains why intensity of neck pain, forward head posture, chronic tension-type headache and migraine are strictly correlated [17,18,19,20].

When neck muscles are in continuous tension, their action propagates to the head, stretching and tightening the galea against the underlying layers of the scalp. The underlying structure is rich of blood vessels that are compressed, blocking blood flow towards the hair follicles. The restriction in blood supply to tissues is called ischemia: this leads to insufficiency of oxygen (hypoxia), reduced availability of nutrients and inadequate removal of metabolites. This obviously leads to the death of tissues, thus including the hair follicles (hair loss) and surrounding structures. This is also reflected in the presence of dandruff (excessive shedding of dead cells from the scalp).

GaleaTension

Drawing explaining muscles action on the galea aponeurotica. When the galea is stretched and tightened, blood vessels are compressed impeding blood flow to reach the hair follicle. When tissues are damaged, an inflammatory response is activated. The function of inflammation is to clear out necrotic cells and damaged tissues. The classical signs of inflammation are heat, pain and redness. These elements describe symptoms of scalp sensitivity and trichodynia.

Since the muscle tension that tight the galea is always present, the inflammation is long-term and chronic, causing fibrosis and calcification. This further decreases the blood flow into the scalp, promoting ulterior cells death, leading to a closed-loop chain of events depicted in Figure 8, reason why hair loss progresses with individuals becoming older.

hairLossCycle

Closed-loop chain of events leading to hair loss and related symptoms.
Furthermore, the role of bones must be taken into account. Indeed, bones remodel under the presence of forces, with sutures acting growth site. The neurocranium may also expand under the compression forces generated by the above layers as a form of protection for the brain. This creates further restriction for the blood vessels, feeding the closed-loop chain of events described before.

The typical pattern of male baldness is characterized by bald frontal and vertex regions that overlie the galea, while temporal and occipital regions that overlie muscles do not lose hair, as shown in Figure 9. Muscles provide a richer network of musculocutaneous blood vessels, with larger arteries, and a softer environment than the galea, thus a compression in these regions do not cause a missing blood flow with consequent hypoxia.

Alopecia2

The typical pattern of male baldness is characterized by bald frontal and vertex regions that overlie the galea, while temporal and occipital regions that overlie muscles do not lose hair.
The confirmation of this explanation for hair loss can be found in several studies:

• Bald subjects had a positive response when injected with Botox into the muscles surrounding the scalp, including frontalis, temporalis, periauricular, and occipitalis muscles. Conceptually, Botox “loosens” the scalp, reducing pressure on the perforating vasculature, thereby increasing blood flow and oxygen concentration. This leads to reduced hair loss and new hair growth [21].
  • The subcutaneous blood flow in the scalp of patients with early male pattern baldness is much lower than the values found in the normal individuals [22].
  • Men suffering from androgenic alopecia have significantly lower oxygen partial pressure (meaning microvascular insufficiency and hypoxia) in the areas of their scalp affected by balding (frontal and vertex regions) versus unaffected areas (temporal and occipital regions). Moreover, balding men have significantly lower oxygen partial pressure in the areas of balding scalp than the same areas of non-bald people [23].
  • It has been found that Minoxidil solution stimulates the microcirculation of the bald scalp, effectively promoting hair growth [24].
  • By relieving tension at the vertex in the scalp, cutaneous blood flow rate increases, promoting hair regrowth [25].
  • Minoxidil is less effective in subjects with significant inflammation in the scalp than in subjects with no significant inflammation [26].
  • In women, significant degrees of inflammation and fibrosis is present in cases of androgenetic alopecia. Even if less significant, inflammation and fibrosis is present also in chronic telogen effluvium cases[27].
  • Dr. Frederick Hoelzel of Chicago reported the observations he made in 1916-17 while he served as a technician in gross anatomy at the College of Medicine of the University of Illinois. During that time, he removed the brains of around 80 cadavers and noticed an obvious relation between the blood vessel supply to the scalp and the quantity of hair: “baldness occurred in people where calcification of the skull bones apparently not only firmly knitted the cranial sutures but also closed or narrowed various small foramens through which blood vessels pass“. He thought this would also explain why men suffer baldness more than women, since bone growth or calcification is generally greater in males than females [28].

Craniofacial development plays an important role in hair loss: indeed it is the real underlying cause that gives predisposition to baldness. Predisposition means that it is possible to see people with a poor craniofacial development and no signs of hair loss, but it is not possible to see bald people with a good craniofacial development. If spotting a bald person, you will be 100% sure that he has jaw problems to some extent. Look around and try yourself! So, do you still believe in the androgenetic theory?
Great info. From this theory it sounds like chin tucks + palate expansion, things that just make the face better looking anyway, is the key to avoiding baldness. Fuck finasteride / other things that mess with our hormones

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and Schizoidcel
@AsGoodAsItGets do you believe this theory?
We both know correlation doesn’t equal causation. But it’s a great observation and this is how science works. Through pattern recognition. If you conducted some kind of controlled study, you could gauge the scientific validity. I’m inclined to believe from your study, but also new to looksmax and looks theory, so I don’t yet understand quite how everything works in the human body.

I previously created a thread like this but it didn't go to well since I rushed the original post and didn't explain my theory properly.

Balding is definitely due to poor blood flow and tension in your galea. And the shape of your face and galea can determine how much blood and oxygen you will get to your hair follicles.

Let me use these men as an example

Look at these bald men, look how oddly shaped their heads are and how some of them have lots of ridges and also very big galeas.
View attachment 750474

Look at this man....his face looks like a thumb
View attachment 750391

View attachment 750473

Now you may ask "why don't women with poor facial structure bald then?". They have lower dht levels but some do go bald, a lot of them have very thin hair in the temples and they show an outline of a norwood pattern. Look at this woman and her very poorly shaped galea
View attachment 750375
Now look at this woman with a much smoother and a more even galea......her hair is equal density everywhere.
View attachment 750374

So many people on this site also seem to support this theory. @JamesHowlett for example. He is not losing his hair because of his wide compact face and his galea is not expanded like that of a balding man. And also @EasternRightWinger15

You may also say that hair is giving the impression of a good galea on the non balding men. Here are both balding and non balding men who have shaved their head down to the skin.

Look at this balding man's galea, Look how expanded it looks
View attachment 750436 look how expanded his galea is and notice his poor facial structure.

Here is a man with similar facial structure to the man above, but this man does not have an expanded galea and is not balding
View attachment 750483

Look at these men. they are receding, i predict their hairloss will go even further due to their poorly shaped galeas.
View attachment 750437 View attachment 750492

View attachment 750445

This man has a massive forehead but his galea is incredibly smooth
View attachment 750490

these men dont have the smoothest galeas but they have compact square faces. One of them looks expanded because of his extremely low hairline.
View attachment 750438View attachment 750491View attachment 750498

I also predict @Copemaxxing and @Mirin2234 cannot go bald. They are still young. But @Copemaxxing has a small compact face and a decent galea. @Mirin2234 after i saw his thread a couple of weeks ago, I saw that he had an incredibly smooth galea.

I have seen very rare cases where men with good headshapes go bald but interestingly they never lose their hair in a typical norwood pattern, they always thin out but their hairline stays intact because there is no extra pressure in the temples and tension in distributed equally across the scalp. You dont need a completely flat galea to keep your hair as long as it is not expanded.

Please be respectful. If all you can do is insult me please dont say anything. I've presented this in a much more respectful and mature manner this time around.
Where did you find these monk maxing pics jfl

so is it like the 2 bumps on the side of the head is correlated to balding?

It's all about DHT levels and hair sensitivity to it. I started balding when I was a kid but my DHT levels were all over the roof I had a beard by 13 plus chest hair.
if you started balding so early your headshape must be very poor

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
Check this galea to test your theory, i will tell you if he has gone bald after you answer
i need to look at facial structure too. All the people who have asked me , i ask them for pictures of their face too.

if you started balding so early your headshape must be very poor
I have a great headshape and I can still rock a bald head without losing too much points. Your theory is dumb.

• +1
Reactions: Effortless
I have a great headshape and I can still rock a bald head without losing too much points. Your theory is dumb.
you may look good bald but by bad headshape i meant poorly shaped galea. Not an ugly looking galea.

Wtf is a galea and how is pitts

• JFL
Women who transition to males through testosterone therapy experience hair-loss

DEBUNKED

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Dog face, Darkstrand, Effortless and 2 others
Women who transition to males through testosterone therapy experience hair-loss

DEBUNKED
women with bad head shapes

Lol how tf does this debunk anything i said?

• JFL
Reactions: yukon-cel
snip your balls and see if your head shape still causes baldness
I already said androgens do cause hair loss but its due to bad head shapes. Dht is sent as an anti inflammatory response because the scalp is in tension. It is a known fact that balding men have higher levels of dht in their scalp than non balding men. And i am not balding. If i snipped my balls it wouldnt do much. I did have a much more rounded hairline when i was like 12. Im 25 now and its still round but not as round as before. So if i snipped my balls maybe i would regrow 5 hair strands.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7173
I already said androgens do cause hair loss but its due to bad head shapes. Dht is sent as an anti inflammatory response because the scalp is in tension. It is a known fact that balding men have higher levels of dht in their scalp than non balding men.
women with perfect head shapes still experience balding when taking T- therapy

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6512
women with perfect head shapes still experience balding when taking T- therapy
Show me, do you even know what my idea of a perfect headshape is?

this is all anecdotal.
"This theory is bullshit, my uncle has this headshape and he is not balding"
"Thread debunked. i have seen women with good headshapes go bald"

this is all anecdotal.
"This theory is bullshit, my uncle has this headshape and he is not balding"
"Thread debunked. i have seen women with good headshapes go bald"

smoothest head I could find, compact face too

also I have seen more horse-faced men with hair into their 60s than compact square heads

ugh he does not have a good headshape lol wtf??? :lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:
I also said facial structure is important. this giy has bad facial structure and a bad galea.

I think if the person you posted has hair, he is not norwood 1. and also the angle in that video is off. I cant see the galea properly because its at the top of the screen. post better pictures.

i think balding men with big galeas also might have bigger brains,
Untitled 2 Stabler3 news 12377691 low res eastenders e1523872718454 774

now look at these men

Gettyimages 966131722 2048x2048 Steven mg Jorge Garcia by Gage Skidmore 2

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Deleted member 7173
btw where is this image from? Is this man real? Is it morphed?

Just don't be bald to not go bald theory

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7173
Just don't be bald to not go bald theory
i posted non balding men who shaved their head with a razor. But you didnt read the original post did you?

Last edited:
jfl if you dont see it

Sq

Last edited:
Just compare young dudes to old dudes theory.

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
Just compare young dudes to old dudes theory.
i used young people aswell wth?? I used, pictures of non balding men in their 50s too. Stop making excuses