what causes light vs dark blue eyes?

neithernorwood

neithernorwood

Iron
in other words: what causes the difference between A10 and A50 below?

wikipedia says:

Eye color is a polygenic phenotypic character determined by two distinct factors: the pigmentation of the eye's iris and the frequency-dependence of the scattering of light by the turbid medium in the stroma of the iris.

i'm guessing "frequency-dependence of the scattering of light by the turbid medium in the stroma of the iris" is responsible for lightness / darkness (rather than hue). but what exactly does that mean?

i'm like a D40 and wish to move to D30 or even lighter green. i'm taking msm pills and it seems to help a bit. but i'm curious to learn more about the underlying mechanism. any ideas?

• +1
Reactions: WALLSTcel, Preoximerianas, Deleted member 10987 and 2 others
Just ascend from T20 to A10 theory.

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13994, thecel, AscendingHero and 2 others
in other words: what causes the difference between A10 and A50 below?

wikipedia says:

Eye color is a polygenic phenotypic character determined by two distinct factors: the pigmentation of the eye's iris and the frequency-dependence of the scattering of light by the turbid medium in the stroma of the iris.

i'm guessing "frequency-dependence of the scattering of light by the turbid medium in the stroma of the iris" is responsible for lightness / darkness (rather than hue). but what exactly does that mean?

i'm like a D40 and wish to move to D30 or even lighter green. i'm taking msm pills and it seems to help a bit. but i'm curious to learn more about the underlying mechanism. any ideas?

View attachment 1077373

How much of the 'pure light' (i.e, Arya as per the Vedas) you have in your DNA.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 10987, Bitch and 1 other person
These are the brightest colors in the normal spectrums we are used to
The Y-axis represents intensity(as in how bright it can become), and the x represents each color

I can see why green is mostly seen as better than blue eyes
Oled light 1

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, jabaduk, Deleted member 15099 and 9 others

looks like something to do with scattering vs absorbing incoming light ^

Attachments

• 1617759362846.png
    1617759362846.png
    207.4 KB · Views: 174
From my research it is related to sulphur and might be related to fluoride

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, AscendingHero and neithernorwood
you know whats crazy the eyes with the least pigment are grey and i have this colour and it is barley light

grey eyes should be at the top of the list

i wish i had A10 tho tbh, my very good friend has A10 and so do all his family they look so fucking good in all lighting, even inside they pop and look amazing

• +1
Reactions: Vasco-v2, Preoximerianas, Deleted member 13994 and 5 others
melanin

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Yerico7, Deleted member 10987 and datboijj

melanin seems to determine the hue. i'm interested in what determines the tone.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
093F5FCD 22D8 4EA5 BF2B CA553FE9C3A9
My eyes are grey and have the least amount of melanin possible but grey eyes don’t look light at all, these are grey eyes in good lighting

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 10987, Deleted member 9344 and 5 others
you know whats crazy the eyes with the least pigment are grey and i have this colour and it is barley light

do you mean you have really dark gray eyes?

EDIT: exactly. you have no melanin but dark eyes. what causes this?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10615
Light hazel eyes or light blue are the best colours by far tho, or thom strijd colour but I’ve never seen anyone irl with thom strijd or light hazel eye colour

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Yerico7, AscendingHero and 2 others
View attachment 1077445My eyes are grey and have the least amount of melanin possible but grey eyes don’t look light at all, these are grey eyes in good lighting
My eye color is utter dogshit but my shape saves me big time, might be my most striking feature when I go outside.

I'd pay good money if stroma was out rn ngl. It would be the cherry on top with eye shape but alas I couldn't get my grandpas d10 green eyes :feelscry:

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 10987, AscendingHero and 3 others
do you mean you have really dark gray eyes?

EDIT: exactly. you have no melanin but dark eyes. what causes this?
i'm not sure bro but it is a major fucking scam, theoretically grey eyes should be just as light as A10 or even slightly lighter but we got fucked over and they look darkish blue

biggest scam the jews did this to punish the pureist form of white genetics because they couldn't handle its true beauty

it would probably look like very light blue/whiteish

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and AscendingHero
Blue eyes is a shit color anyway I have it and I don't see how people here think it's a "halo". Good green eyes mog the best blue to hell

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13994, AscendingHero, owlofathena and 1 other person
My eye color is utter dogshit but my shape saves me big time, might be my most striking feature when I go outside.

I'd pay good money if stroma was out rn ngl. It would be the cherry on top with eye shape but alas I couldn't get my grandpas d10 green eyes :feelscry:
shape matters more, eye colour halo is still huge

my good friend has A10 eyes and when you look at his eyes they look so good, they look amazing no matter what lighting his in we could even be inside but it still looks striking and vibrant asf

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, AscendingHero and volcelfatcel
shape matters more, eye colour halo is still huge

my good friend has A10 eyes and when you look at his eyes they look so good, they look amazing no matter what lighting his in we could even be inside but it still looks striking and vibrant asf
I just want eye color halo so bad. Im considering contactmaxxing once I move out, it would be the final cherry on top with my eye area.

Pct, hooded, good canthus, minimal scleral show, thick eyebrows straight and positively tilted at the end. Literally just missing color JFL

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, AscendingHero, Deleted member 12611 and 1 other person
Here is part of what i am talking about

Heterochromia of the Iris after t-PA and Gas Injection of Sulfur Fluoride​

This grandma had sulfur fluoride injected into her eyes to stop a hemorrhage. Her eye color went from blue to dark green. It was injected in only one of her eyes, the other stayed blue.

Last edited:
  • +1
pics or didn't happen
Its a study. Click the link.

Heterochromia of the Iris after t-PA and Gas Injection of Sulfur Fluoride​

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: hairyballscel, neithernorwood and datboijj
I just want eye color halo so bad. Im considering contactmaxxing once I move out, it would be the final cherry on top with my eye area.

Pct, hooded, good canthus, minimal scleral show, thick eyebrows straight and positively tilted at the end. Literally just missing color JFL
does anyone in your family have coloured eyes? my mum had light blue but my dad had something else and then i got fucked over by my dad and inherited his instead of my mums

if you have family that have coloured eyes god was fucking with you big time i know how this feels bro, this shit is rough

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and volcelfatcel
Genes and contact lens, what kind of a stupid question is this ??????????????????????????

These are the brightest colors in the normal spectrums we are used to
The Y-axis represents intensity(as in how bright it can become), and the x represents each color

I can see why green is mostly seen as better than blue eyes
View attachment 1077402
high iq

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and datboijj
does anyone in your family have coloured eyes? my mum had light blue but my dad had something else and then i got fucked over by my dad and inherited his instead of my mums

if you have family that have coloured eyes god was fucking with you big time i know how this feels bro, this shit is rough
Both of my grandpas had colored eyes my chaddam grandpa had ideal. He had d10 eye color. My other grandpa was on the muddier end d20 d30. None of my brother got eye color since my dad has dark brown and mom has light brown, my uncle has green, my aunt has green jfl.

Gene is resting so I may get mogger sons in the future for that's all I can hope.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 10615
Stroma layer thickness does, on top of all these answers. There’s a reason as to why A10 eyes have very little patterns in them compared to other eyes, they’re “tinted” like brown/dark eyes if that makes any sense, and if they aren’t, the patterns in them are very noticeable (I.e Cillian Murphy). If a person with light green eyes gets laser color surgery, they might get A20, but to have A10 eyes? U need to be lucky (or unlucky enough) to be born without any pigmentation in your irises at all on top of having a stroma layer (Albinos don’t have that layer in their iris which is why they have red eyes).

The A10 eyes topic is starting to get really overrated in this forum... I’m a spic with this exact color, my pattern is pretty much the same as the drawing it’s shown in, thin black limbal rings too, and they look super out of place compared to other white people even. I also have some sort of built-in “night vision” which makes me more vulnerable to lighting and contrast than almost everyone who doesn’t have blue eyes.

Having light eyes 24/7 in all ambients is actually a bit of a looksmin I could argue, but I know a lot of people will disagree with me so I won’t.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, tyronelite, AscendingHero and 2 others
This grandma had sulfur fluoride injected into her eyes to stop a hemorrhage. Her eye color went from blue to dark green. It was injected in only one of her eyes, the other stayed blue.

Seems like L Glutathione and MSM are two substances folks have found to anecdotally impact eye color. The sulfur connection with MSM seems plausible.

• Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero
Stroma layer thickness does, on top of all these answers.

that's super interesting. if thicker stroma = darker eyes of same hue, then we might expect lasik to lighten the tone of the eye (while the hue remains unchanged) since it is cutting away part of the stroma. however, this doesnt appear to be case from my searching, except perhaps anecdotally

Stroma layer thickness does, on top of all these answers. There’s a reason as to why A10 eyes have very little patterns in them compared to other eyes, they’re “tinted” like brown/dark eyes if that makes any sense, and if they aren’t, the patterns in them are very noticeable (I.e Cillian Murphy). If a person with light green eyes gets laser color surgery, they might get A20, but to have A10 eyes? U need to be lucky (or unlucky enough) to be born without any pigmentation in your irises at all on top of having a stroma layer (Albinos don’t have that layer in their iris which is why they have red eyes).

The A10 eyes topic is starting to get really overrated in this forum... I’m a spic with this exact color, my pattern is pretty much the same as the drawing it’s shown in, thin black limbal rings too, and they look super out of place compared to other white people even. I also have some sort of built-in “night vision” which makes me more vulnerable to lighting and contrast than almost everyone who doesn’t have blue eyes.

Having light eyes 24/7 in all ambients is actually a bit of a looksmin I could argue, but I know a lot of people will disagree with me so I won’t.
yea emerald green is the best like u said

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Be_ConfidentBro and Deleted member 2214
Seems like L Glutathione and MSM are two substances folks have found to anecdotally impact eye color. The sulfur connection with MSM seems plausible.

View attachment 1077471

View attachment 1077474

We need sulfur to synthesize l glutathione

"It's required for the structure and activity of important proteins and enzymes in the body. Notably, sulfur is required for the synthesis of glutathione ( 2 )."

And excess sulfur needs to be oxidized into sulfur

"Sulfur is the third most abundant mineral element in the body. ... Excess cysteine and methionine are oxidized to sulfate by sulfite oxidase, eliminated in the urine, or stored as glutathione (which can serve as a store for sulfur)."

Not being able to oxidize enough sulfur into sulfate leads to problems. Sulfate deficiency is linked to many diseases and very related to autism from my research.

The grandma that got injected with sulfur (not in sulfate form) right in the eye went from blue to dark green/brownish eye.

Another thing is if you were born with brown eyes it seems like you can get a light brown but not blue. If you were born with blue but they got darker or changed color, you can get light blue, so no green.

• +1

yea emerald green is the best like u said

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Frank Jack, Deleted member 10987, AscendingHero and 1 other person
the proximate reason for perceived tone (not hue) of eye color appears to be scattering vs absorption per Rayleigh scattering effect:

Light scattering is one of the two major physical processes that contribute to the visible appearance of most objects, the other being absorption. Surfaces described as white owe their appearance to multiple scattering of light by internal or surface inhomogeneities in the object, for example by the boundaries of transparent microscopic crystals that make up a stone or by the microscopic fibers in a sheet of paper. More generally, the gloss (or lustre or sheen) of the surface is determined by scattering. Highly scattering surfaces are described as being dull or having a matte finish, while the absence of surface scattering leads to a glossy appearance, as with polished metal or stone.

Spectral absorption, the selective absorption of certain colors, determines the color of most objects with some modification by elastic scattering. The apparent blue color of veins in skin is a common example where both spectral absorption and scattering play important and complex roles in the coloration. Light scattering can also create color without absorption, often shades of blue, as with the sky (Rayleigh scattering), the human blue iris, and the feathers of some birds (Prum et al. 1998).

------------------------------------

so the question is what causing absorption vs scattering.

collagen in the stroma appears to have an effect:

and perhaps structure within stroma as well:

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, AscendingHero and SkinjobCatastrophe
number of melanocyte cells hypothesis from that comment seems to fail experiment here:

"Conclusion: The number of melanocytes, the proportion of melanocytes, and iris stromal cellularity are not major contributors to iris color."

• +1
number of melanocyte cells hypothesis from that comment seems to fail experiment here:

"Conclusion: The number of melanocytes, the proportion of melanocytes, and iris stromal cellularity are not major contributors to iris color."
Guppies Have just melanin and they are able to change their eyes from all black to white
just by moving the melanin around

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Preoximerianas, hairyballscel and 1 other person
I'd kill for eye color like that
@BIGDICCJIM are these emerald green? and are they rarer than a10
This is the ideal eye color for sure.

Idk if they’re rarer, but they contrast that baby’s sclera very well.

• +1
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd
This is the ideal eye color for sure.

Idk if they’re rarer, but they contrast that baby’s sclera very well.
Also they are the brightest most intense just like what the spectrum says

oled-light-1-png.1077402

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 2214
Also they are the brightest most intense just like what the spectrum says
oled-light-1-png.1077402
Tf? I mean I have never seen someone with yellow demon eyes lol.

• JFL
Tf? I mean I have never seen someone with yellow demon eyes lol.
Apparently some people have it???
I've literally never seen it on a legit video
LOL, But it exists it definetly exists in animal kingdom
animal_07.jpg
6392329351 f197f9a9fe b
Lev tsar zverei dikaia koshka morda griva vzgliad

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and Deleted member 2214
that's super interesting. if thicker stroma = darker eyes of same hue, then we might expect lasik to lighten the tone of the eye (while the hue remains unchanged) since it is cutting away part of the stroma. however, this doesnt appear to be case from my searching, except perhaps anecdotally

View attachment 1077479

View attachment 1077487

And again MSM is a type of sulfur
Guess what is really common today? Sulfate deficiency
Sulfate is oxidized sulfur
Sunlight is essential for the production of sulfate

“Sulfate deficiency is the most common nutritional deficiency you’ve never heard of,” says MIT Senior Research Scientist Stephanie Seneff, PhD, at the recent Clinical and Scientific Insights (CASI) conference in San Francisco.
Sulfate deficiency is the most common nutritional deficiency you’ve never heard of,” says MIT Senior Research Scientist Stephanie Seneff, PhD, at the recent Clinical and Scientific Insights (CASI) conference in San Francisco.
Sulfate, comprised of the elements sulfur and oxygen is the fourth most abundant anion in our blood. It exists throughout the body in a variety of forms, filling numerous biological functions. A critical component of extracellular matrix proteins, it aids in the detoxification of drugs, food additives, and toxic metals. It also prevents blood from coagulating during transit through capillaries.
Like vitamin D–the widely recognized “sunshine vitamin”–sulfate levels depend depend on sun exposure. It is synthesized from sulfide in the skin and red blood cells via a sunlight-dependent chemical reaction.

People report lighter eyes when taking msm for a long time
Also over for vit d3 supplement cope lol

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, AscendingHero, datboijj and 1 other person

Accumulation of sulfur and phosphorus in the eye's drainage system in primary open-angle glaucoma​

Pigmentary glaucoma

This condition can make your eyes turn brownish/darker

This is interesting too

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and neithernorwood
also

Latanoprost: new preparation. Antiglaucoma eye drops that can change the colour of the iris​

"In approximately 30% of cases (especially patients with non homogeneous eye colour), latanoprost eye drops can cause permanent darkening of the iris. Patients must be warned of this risk before beginning treatment."

Prostaglandin-Induced Iris Color DarkeningAn Experimental Model​

Incidence of iris colour change in latanoprost treated eyes​

Mechanism and clinical significance of prostaglandin-induced iris pigmentation​

latanoprost is a prostaglandin

then we have this

which mentions sulfur, glutathione and prostaglandins

and this

glutathione and prostaglandins

and this

Glucosamine Sulfate Reduces Prostaglandin E2 Production in Osteoarthritic Chondrocytes Through Inhibition of Microsomal PGE Synthase-1​

• Love it
Reactions: Preoximerianas and neithernorwood
you can try affirmations like a faggot but dont complain if u wake up blind one day

@RecessedPrettyboy the hero i need, not the one i deserve. thanks for this

latanoprost is a prostaglandin

prostaglandin are linked to inflammation:

maybe people with darker irises have more system inflammation. certainly that's true in my case.

i wonder if there is a way to reduce prostaglandin

i am amazed there is so little research or online content about this topic. if someone figured out eye lightening (not just hue change) that could be massive. stroma is different, changes melanin so changes hue. in my case i have a great green hue, just super dark so looks black except in direct lighting.

for non-hue-changing eye lightening, my stack is starting to look like some combo of these:

with the idea of reducing prostaglandin

might be tough on the liver so going to get some bloodwork done as i go.

• Love it
Reactions: Preoximerianas and AscendingHero
@RecessedPrettyboy the hero i need, not the one i deserve. thanks for this

prostaglandin are linked to inflammation:

maybe people with darker irises have more system inflammation. certainly that's true in my case.

i wonder if there is a way to reduce prostaglandin

i am amazed there is so little research or online content about this topic. if someone figured out eye lightening (not just hue change) that could be massive. stroma is different, changes melanin so changes hue. in my case i have a great green hue, just super dark so looks black except in direct lighting.

for non-hue-changing eye lightening, my stack is starting to look like some combo of these:

with the idea of reducing prostaglandin

might be tough on the liver so going to get some bloodwork done as i go.
it has something to do with inflammation too

you should try getting those from real foods rather than supplements
bad diet and toxins = inflammation
MSM for example is found at high concentrations in raw milk
glucosamine in bone broth
etc..

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers, Preoximerianas, AscendingHero and 1 other person
there is no money to be made from this and it would make light and attractive eyes too common

stroma and other eye lasers are absolute cope lol, imagine burning off "melanin" and who knows what else is happening while doing so in the eye. eye hue and lightness isnt as simple as just the melanin bullshit they promote. thats the only way they can make actual money off so thats why we see these eye lasers. all they do is make the eyes grey and colorless. having darker eye is not simply about naturally producing more melanin there for no reason.. have you noticed how stroma keeps postponing their release date...

again having light eyes is more about health than anything. having them also looks healthier (ofc no wonder its more attractive, health is directly correlated to proper development and attractiveness). and im not talking about just blue. light brown too.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and AscendingHero

Did you try morphing yourself with them? Would be good to try. Could always use contacts.

PM eye area

Light hazel eyes or light blue are the best colours by far tho, or thom strijd colour but I’ve never seen anyone irl with thom strijd or light hazel eye colour
Bright red is the best stop coping

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj

Natural honey lowers plasma prostaglandin concentrations in normal individuals​

this might be why people report raw honey changes eye color when applied topically as eye drops
there should also be a change in the microbiome/flora of the eyes when using raw honey. a beneficial one in this case.
the bacteria flora in the eyes are also related to eye color hue and lightness.

bee propolis also lowers prostaglandins and other inflammatory substances and is beneficial for the eye microbiome. but you have to dilute it to use as eye drops.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, LastHopeForNorman, AscendingHero and 1 other person
a few more:

Bee propolis as anti-inflammatory agent
Investigators concluded that the anti-inflammatory activity of propolis might be related to its effects on the various mediators of inflammation such as prostaglandins, leukotrienes, and histamine.16,17

Debate about honey rages
lol reading these low iq people talking about honey drops, but maybe they are onto something:

Lipochrome is another factor
Looks like lipochrome might be related as well:

"Beta carotene, a lipochrome, was found in the retina, pigment epithelium, and iris of cattle eyes."

" In humans, yellowish specks or patches are thought to be due to the pigment lipofuscin, also known as lipochrome."

Distribution of melanin in inner vs outer iris causes lightness vs darkness (?)

this is by far best explanation i've found so far:

Now with that in mind, there are only really two color pigments in our eyes, melanin (Brown) and lipochrome (yellow). So where does blue come from? That's the optical illusion.

The iris has 2 layers, an outer and an inner. Melanin is the more important of the two Pigments, and thus it's distribution across those layers is what creates the optical illusions that we see as eye color.

For blue eyes, there is a decent amount of melanin on the inner layer but relatively little on the outer layer. This lack of a solid double layer makes blue eyes more susceptible to UV radiation.

For Brown eyes, there is a lot of melanin on both the outer and inner layers.

Now for the moment you've been waiting for: Green eyes are a result of having more lipochrome than normal distributed to the layers. To be quite honest, I don't know if the lipochrome has to be on both layers or only one, but the ratio of melanin compared to lipochrome is what causes the variations in green from hazel eyes to like aqua colored eyes.

genes affect different aspects, such as the color itself (by regulating where the melanin deposits are), others the darkness of the color (by regulating how much melanin gets deposited), how much lipochrome gets deposited, and so much more. Even your liver genes affect your eye color: a bad liver will cause jaundice (turns the whites of your eyes yellow) because it can't filter out the lipochrome from the blood, and occasionally cause the iris itself to turn yellow.

so maybe it's something like
ratio of melanin in outer layer of iris relative to melanin in inner layer => brown vs not (more melanin in outer layer = browner)
ratio of melanin to lipochrome => determines green vs hazel vs blue
overall melanin => determines lightness vs darkness

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, LastHopeForNorman, AscendingHero and 1 other person